Review of Flight

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Killing Machine
Bookshelf Size: 428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Re: Review of Flight

Post by NetMassimo »

maggi3 wrote: 20 Jul 2021, 23:33 I don't know if I have enough background knowledge to be able to fully understand this book, but it sounds fascinating nonetheless. Thanks for the review!
It's mostly about fluid dynamics, so if you already studied some physics of gas and liquids you should have no problem with this book. Thank you for commenting!
Ciao :)
Massimo
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by SamaylaM »

Your mention of "bird flight explained the different geometries that evolved in various species" piques my interest. The book sounds educational and interesting. Thanks for writing a great review, as always!
NetMassimo

Post by NetMassimo »

SamaylaM wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 03:19 Your mention of "bird flight explained the different geometries that evolved in various species" piques my interest. The book sounds educational and interesting. Thanks for writing a great review, as always!
It's certainly educational, and if you're interested in flight secrets, it's suitable for you. Thank you for your appreciation!
Massimo
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

I have honestly never even thought about the history of flight and aeroplanes or how they work. However, I have a severe disinterest in physics. I find it interesting but my brain can never comprehend how it works. Nonetheless, this is a great review and you mentioned some important points.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
NetMassimo

Post by NetMassimo »

RayRuff wrote: 23 Jul 2021, 05:53 I have honestly never even thought about the history of flight and aeroplanes or how they work. However, I have a severe disinterest in physics. I find it interesting but my brain can never comprehend how it works. Nonetheless, this is a great review and you mentioned some important points.
I guess this book isn't suitable for your taste. Still, thank you for your appreciation!
Massimo
TheMazeRunner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themazerunner.html
Latest Review: Lady of the Play by Deena Lindstedt

Post by TheMazeRunner »

Seems like an interesting book, but too bad there are many errors in it. I love your review!
NetMassimo

Post by NetMassimo »

TheMazeRunner wrote: 24 Jul 2021, 05:53 Seems like an interesting book, but too bad there are many errors in it. I love your review!
Most errors were not distracting; still, I hope the author does a bit of "cleaning". Thank you for your appreciation!
Massimo
Ldpuff
Currently Reading: Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ldpuff.html
Latest Review: The Merriest, The Beariest Bears by Doreen M. Atkinson

Post by Ldpuff »

A book that is both interesting and informative, I am sure! Not my cup of tea, but I appreciated your well written review.
NetMassimo

Post by NetMassimo »

Ldpuff wrote: 24 Jul 2021, 19:22 A book that is both interesting and informative, I am sure! Not my cup of tea, but I appreciated your well written review.
It's definitely a book for a certain kind of reader. Thank you for your appreciation!
Massimo
Jacques Mwashuma
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacques-mwashuma.html
Latest Review: Doyle's Law by Sam Roberts

Post by Jacques Mwashuma »

I might not be much of a techie but you make this book sound like the holy grail of flight, pardon the reference. A very apt review to a technical book. 👍
If the heart is clear, it doesn't matter if there's a storm brewing in the sky.

- Bing Xin.
NetMassimo

Post by NetMassimo »

Eloque3locks wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 06:40 I might not be much of a techie but you make this book sound like the holy grail of flight, pardon the reference. A very apt review to a technical book. 👍
Probably, there are textbooks that go far deeper, with formulae and detailed illustrations. Let's just say that this one offers a comprehensive view of the science behind flight without too many technical and mathematical details. Thank you for your appreciation!
Massimo
Jacques Mwashuma
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacques-mwashuma.html
Latest Review: Doyle's Law by Sam Roberts

Post by Jacques Mwashuma »

NetMassimo wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 08:51
Eloque3locks wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 06:40 I might not be much of a techie but you make this book sound like the holy grail of flight, pardon the reference. A very apt review to a technical book. 👍
Probably, there are textbooks that go far deeper, with formulae and detailed illustrations. Let's just say that this one offers a comprehensive view of the science behind flight without too many technical and mathematical details. Thank you for your appreciation!
Thank you for the extra information, I appreciate the redirecting. I look forward to seeing another one of your reviews. :tiphat:
If the heart is clear, it doesn't matter if there's a storm brewing in the sky.

- Bing Xin.
NetMassimo

Post by NetMassimo »

Eloque3locks wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 09:18
NetMassimo wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 08:51
Thank you for the extra information, I appreciate the redirecting. I look forward to seeing another one of your reviews. :tiphat:
Glad I could help you to get a better idea of what's available on the subject.
Massimo
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

"However, the topics are explained in-depth with the help of a lot of illustrations". I like this phrase because I find it difficult to understand some sci-fi book. But, honestly, your reviews always have a way of getting me invested in the book that I'd want to give it a try. Thanks do a job well-done.
NetMassimo

Post by NetMassimo »

Chigo Nwagboso wrote: 27 Jul 2021, 03:45 "However, the topics are explained in-depth with the help of a lot of illustrations". I like this phrase because I find it difficult to understand some sci-fi book. But, honestly, your reviews always have a way of getting me invested in the book that I'd want to give it a try. Thanks do a job well-done.
Thank you very much for your appreciation! Knowing that my reviews are useful to someone feels really good.
Massimo

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”