Review of Exposed - An unexpected journey from fear to freedom

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 508
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Review of Exposed - An unexpected journey from fear to freedom

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Exposed - An unexpected journey from fear to freedom" by Nancy Slomowitz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Why in the world would Nancy Slomowitz pose nearly nude on a book cover? EXPOSED: An Unexpected Journey from Fear to Freedom is a book about Nancy's journey of discovering who she is and what her life purpose is. Jason, the lead singer of Chicago, and Cassidy, Nancy’s psychic, are just two people who influenced her. Readers also learn about her time selling Seacret, realizing she had a talent for fashion design, dealing with shingles, and many more instances of grit and self-realization.

My favorite aspect of the book was the stories of Nancy’s teenage years at the beginning of the book. This move was strategic because it provided a backstory for Nancy. For example, one of these stories explains how the band Chicago played a vital role in her life. Nancy also talked about how her mom’s presence in her life influenced her creative side and, ultimately, her dream career.

The raw emotional responses Nancy gave when she encountered stressful situations were another brilliant part of this title. When faced with the potential loss of a big contract and income for her company, readers will see how she handled it. I liked how protective Nancy was over her employees; she sees them as family and treats them as such. Based on this, I am sure Nancy would do anything for them.

There wasn’t anything that I disliked about this title. The writing was simple, and the chapters were not embellished. If a reader is expecting stagnancy, then they shouldn’t get this book. When the reader thinks Nancy will do one thing, she does another. She is the epitome of what success is.

Only two grammatical errors were in the book, but they were only hyphenation issues. I have every reason to believe that it was professionally edited. Based on my comments above and the fact that there are no complaints, I give EXPOSED: An Unexpected Journey from Fear to Freedom 4 out of 4 stars.

Readers who love reading success stories will likely enjoy this title. If a reader is an aspiring fashion designer, this will make the book more relatable to them. One profane word is in this title, but its presence shouldn't affect the reader's enjoyment. Nevertheless, if profanity bothers a reader greatly, then they should skip this book.

Exposed - An unexpected journey from fear to freedom
View: on Bookshelves
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Chiwelite O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-o.html
Latest Review: The Water Bear by Groucho Jones

Post by Chiwelite O »

I don't think this is the kind of book that would fascinate me but, I enjoyed your beautiful review. It was well structured!
Deprise Evans
Favorite Author: Francine Rivers
Currently Reading: Crazy Love
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deprise-evans.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 6456

Post by Deprise Evans »

I haven't read many autobiographical memoirs, but this one sounds so interesting to me. I might just have to read this one for myself. Thanks for your great review!
Nkgchidimma080
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkgchidimma080.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Nkgchidimma080 »

Self discovery has never been an easy journey,I hope Nancy makes the best out of it in the end,nice review.
Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ailakhu-yusau-aizhebiomon.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon »

I have to admit that this is a detailed and comprehensive review. Well done!
Ntombifuthi Londi
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntombifuthi-londi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ntombifuthi Londi »

Alright. The novel has piqued my interest. An employer who respects her workers like family? That's a rare occurrence. I'd want to get my hands on a copy of this book. I guess I'll have to read the book to figure out how they met. Great review
Precious DA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-da.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by Precious DA »

Ntombifuthi Londi wrote: 06 Sep 2021, 16:01 Alright. The novel has piqued my interest. An employer who respects her workers like family? That's a rare occurrence. I'd want to get my hands on a copy of this book. I guess I'll have to read the book to figure out how they met. Great review
My thoughts exactly. I would love to see what led Nancy to this stage and probably emulate this in time to come.
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Honest-reviewer »

This book seems to have a lot of elements in it. I would like to read Nancy’s story. Thanks for your wonderful review!
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The North Factor
Bookshelf Size: 1662
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Deadly Sexy Lizzy Vol. 1-3 by Michael Richey
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

I was hooked by the question of why would she pose mostly nude on the cover of the book. I also didn't expect this to be a non-fiction story. Great review!
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

I guess I’ll love because it sounds interesting. Thank you for the review.
Luchris_michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-michael.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Luchris_michael »

A purpose driven life is necessary. The book would be a nice read. Thanks for the review.
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

I hope Nancy discovers herself and gets through it at the end, the cover of this book captivated my attention, beautiful review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”