Review of From Molecule to Modern Human

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Eriny Youssef
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eriny-youssef.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Review of From Molecule to Modern Human

Post by Eriny Youssef »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "From Molecule to Modern Human" by Frank Dunne.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

From Molecule to Modern Human by Frank Dunne is a book that is scientific in nature. The origin and evolution of our species are the topics tackled in the first part of the book. It starts from the first instance of formation and then, eon by eon, talks about the evolution of our species until the emergence of Homo sapiens. Following that, eight standalone chapters about relevant topics make up the second part of the book. Substance densities, Galileo's quantum dynamics, particle dynamics, cockroaches, global warming, over-population, and more are among those topics. Yes, it's a rich meal.

The writing style is conversational and simple. Even though the topic is complex from a scientific point of view, its delivery wasn't. Think of it as having a conversation over coffee with a scientist. You'll receive a worthy amount of information in so little time. However, your intake and understanding will vary depending on your previous knowledge.

Speaking of, the author's writing style is probably my favorite thing about the book. Whenever the topic is science-related, a breezy sense of humor always makes it better. I should also mention that the closing paragraph was one of the best I've read in a while. I also liked that the information was laid out concisely and without lengthy introductions. That's why you'll find that the book finishes at 14 chapters, but only 88 pages. While I regard this as a favorable attribute, others might disagree. This attribute makes the book not the most suitable for the readers who have little or no previous knowledge of the topics handled.

There's nothing that I disliked about this book. As a scientific non-fiction book, I believe it was successful for its genre. Other points of criticism will be based solely on personal opinions and beliefs.

I give From Molecule to Modern Human 4 out of 4 stars. We've already discussed the content. As for the text, it was clear and professionally edited. I didn't find any errors. The book has high readability. It is also enjoyable to read, not just informative.

This book should appeal to science enthusiasts. However, if you're looking for something to give you the basics before diving into the complex parts, you might want to check another source first. There is also a bibliography of references at the end of each chapter if you're interested in further reading about a specific topic. I enjoyed the book. It was a good workout for the brain.

From Molecule to Modern Human
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Kingsley Emodi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingsley-emodi.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Kingsley Emodi »

Science based books usually don't interest me because I'm not science inclined. However, from your review, I could sense that lovers of science will love this one. Great review.
John Karanja 1
Favorite Book: The Cadence of Excellence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-karanja-1.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by John Karanja 1 »

Scientific facts about evolution are sometimes not fulfilling with how nature is.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”