Review of sold

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Review of sold

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "sold" by Robert Desbruslais.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

One major reason for bad decision-making regarding estate transactions is a lack of proper understanding of the nitty-gritty of the estate business. A lot of people only consider that owning a home is not an outright investment but hardly ever consider the cons to it.

In Sold, Robert Desbruslais delved into the estate business with the objective of imparting helpful knowledge to the reader on the topic of homeownership. He made the reader see the reasons it is best to own a home and how to go about purchasing one. He first gave the reader the liberty to make the decision of whether or not homeownership was for him. He then went further to extensively explain the major actors in the estate market and the significant considerations to make before going into a contract to purchase a home. Intending sellers were also educated on improvements they should make on their houses before putting them up for sale. The imperative roles different professionals like lawyers and surveyors play in the process were equally discussed.

It's pertinent that I don't forget to commend the in-depth knowledge of the estate business the author exhibited in this book. It's evident that the author knows his onions when it comes to selling and buying homes. Regardless of the fact that the book encompasses virtually every facet of estate ownership, the author made it as concise as possible. Also, I love that the author started the book on a liberal note by giving the reader the liberty to decide whether or not homeownership is for him. Added to the positives I got from the book was that the author drew examples from his life as a homeowner to drive home his points. The reader could draw some wisdom from the proven workability of the information shared by the author from the examples he made.

There's no part of the book that I found lacking in any way. The book is a brilliant guide to a perfect understanding of the estate business.

The book was professionally edited. I found a few errors in it; however, those errors were not enough to take anything away from my enjoyment of the book. I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I didn't remove a star because the book was nearly spotless. I particularly loved how concise it was, as that erased the chances of the reader getting bored by the slight complexity of the concept.

I recommend the book to vendors of houses and intending homes owners (buyers); they will find helpful information in the book.

sold
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Asiaa Szn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asiaa-szn.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Asiaa Szn »

This is a really helpful book especially to those hoping and seeking to own a home. It seems like a read worth the time. Nice work
Ghuddie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghuddie.html
Latest Review: Better Angels Lesley Gore Dusty Springfield by Linden Lelievre

Post by Ghuddie »

This will undoubtedly be very helpful to intending homeowners as well as intending vendors. Great review.
Vivian Stones
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-stones.html
Latest Review: The Silicon Divide by Danielle Nowell

Post by Vivian Stones »

This book has great value for your time, especially for intending house owners. Amazing review
QualityAndQuantity
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-qualityandquantity.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by QualityAndQuantity »

I always wanted to know more about the real estate scenario in general and this book seems like a pretty good choice for that. It'll help me in my future too. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Hussein21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hussein21.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Hussein21 »

This is a good book for those seeking a new how. It is very helpful to prevent being duped. Thanks for the review
Aisha Yakub
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Seems like a really insightful and helpful read. Thank you for the review.
Vidhi Adhikari
Currently Reading: True Teryn
Bookshelf Size: 280
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vidhi-adhikari.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Vidhi Adhikari »

I may not read this book myself but I'd definitely recommend this book to my friends interested in real estate. Thanks for such a detailed review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”