Review of Two Minutes For Talking To Myself

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
azza lia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azza-lia.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Re: Review of Two Minutes For Talking To Myself

Post by azza lia »

Well, this book must be filled with amazing memories for the author and any hockey enthusiast. Unfortunately, sports aren't my favourite topics. guess I would not enjoy this one since I can't relate to anything here. Anyway, great review!
Kelsey Roy
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: East Wind, 2nd edition
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelsey-roy.html
Latest Review: Not What Meets the Eye by Matrika Hay

Post by Kelsey Roy »

I’m a hockey gal, through and through. My dad is Canadian (Montreal as well) and had me on skates from the moment I could walk. I played in college and now live vicariously through my favorite team, the Colorado Avs! I am so looking forward to reading this book! Thanks for your review!
Akangbe Opeyemi
Favorite Book: Qualify
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akangbe-opeyemi.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Akangbe Opeyemi »

Although I am not a fan of hockey, I have been interested in reading about sports these days and it has been a fun read so far. I wonder how the experience of a commentator would be, seeing the game from the side different from the coaches and players.
Samantha Jo Quinn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Samantha Jo Quinn »

I passed on reading this book simply because I don’t understand hockey, however the picture you present in words through this review this book sounds like its very interesting and that Curt Kielback has a passion for hockey!
RUTH OTHNIEL
Currently Reading: Against the Glass
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-othniel.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by RUTH OTHNIEL »

Thanks for this review. Unfortunately, I am not a fan of hockey and I find no connection with this book. Sounds like an interesting read for lovers of hockey, though
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amiczy-heaven.html
Latest Review: Living the Beatitudes by Gary L. Engstrom

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

I am not a fan of hockey, and sports are not one of my favourite topics, but I am confident that this book will be more than an enjoyable read for many sports lovers. With entertaining anecdotes and insightful perspectives, this book is a must-read for all sports enthusiasts.
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

This seems to be a must read to all hockey fans in the world as told from the prospective of a hockey games commentator. This is also informational to all those who are interested to the game as Curt Keilback shares personal stories from his time as an NHL color commentator for the Winnipeg Jets/Phoenix Coyotes.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1903
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Two Minutes for Talking to Myself' by Curt Keilback is an informative and entertaining view of the author's work for readers. It details the relevant points of the author's story for enthusiastic readers. The point that the author shares personal stories of his time as a National Hockey League color commentator for the Winnipeg Jets/Phoenix, Coyotes is worth mentioning in the review. Also, the point that he reminisces about the many "hockey people" he met along the way of his travels with the teams, as mentioned in the review, is remarkable for readers. It was great to learn that this is a must-read for hockey fans of all ages!
Chubiojo Osayi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chubiojo-osayi.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Chubiojo Osayi »

It's a very good review, I like the fact that the reviewer has forehand knowledge of the game of hockey. In my field of study sport commentary is an aspect that I don't have a wide knowledge of, so I'm sure that Curt Keilback would inspire me from his book. As an experienced sports commentator, he has a lot of stories and lessons that can be inspiring. All in all, this is a great book
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this seems like an interesting memoir about the author’s time as an NHL color commentator. It is worth a second look. Well done.
Jennifer Coxon
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

A great one for Hockey fans. The author really captures the feel and sounds of being there at the games. A nice style of writing to enjoy.
MMcB
Favorite Book: Island of Missing Trees
Currently Reading: The Elephant(s) in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmcb.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by MMcB »

I love hockey. I love the title: *Two Minutes for Talking to Myself* by Curt Keilback because it refers to a minor penalty in hockey. I love that the Winnipeg Jets became the Phoenix Coyotes and this book is written by the color commentator who worked for these teams for 27 years!
I love old-time hockey and this book tells some of those stories. I understand the reviewer would like better organization in the book as far as chronological order and I would probably tend to agree. I was only privy to the sample of the book and it is a definite Want To Read for me. If you like hockey it might be one you'd like to pick up too. Congratulations on the book of the day! :congratualtions-smiley:
If you're going through hell, keep going.
~ Sir Winston Churchill
Chrystal Oaks
Favorite Book: The Favor
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 1194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystal-oaks.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chrystal Oaks »

This memoir that reveals life as a NHL broadcaster and the behind-the-scenes look of the hockey teams and their fans sounds quite interesting. I'm not a hockey fan, but I believe hockey fans will love this book. Great review!
We do not simply live in this universe. The universe lives within us.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

This would be a great read for hockey enthusiasts. I'm sure they would love to hear the author's experiences while being a commentator. Thanks for the detailed review.
Justine Ocsebio
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justine-ocsebio.html
Latest Review: Under Nazi Noses by John Tepper Marlin (Translator), Erik Schaap (Dutch Author)

Post by Justine Ocsebio »

In this book, the author shares behind-the-scenes exposés on NHL hockey. It might be interesting for some because of his decades of experience but I don't typically lean towards these kinds of narratives.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”