Official Review: The Smartest Person in the Room

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tokede Kolawole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tokede-kolawole.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books A Second Kiss Goodnight (A Bedtime Story) by Steve William Laible

Re: Official Review: The Smartest Person in the Room

Post by Tokede Kolawole »

Seems there is a conflict between the author and his manner of communicating his message. The author is quite right in that emotional intelligence is a great tool in curbing cyber crime.
Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 494
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maduabuchi-eze.html
Latest Review: EXXXXCUUUUUSE ME? A Satire on Publishing by Richard Stephenson

Post by Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze »

This is a very informative handbook on cybersecurity. I admire Christian Espinosa's confidence in writing about these issues bordering on cybercrime and cybersecurity. I think the author should be listened to. There is urgent need to invest in the "people skills." Also, I was very pleased with the author's writing style. The discourse runs so smoothly and engagingly. I recommend this book.
Shirlaine Naicker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirlaine-naicker.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Shirlaine Naicker »

The book seems to be more about computer literate people, who feel more at ease in their cyber world, trying to get into the real, getting in touch with society. Cyberspace and technology has taken over our lives as this book teaches us but nowhere is safe. It isn't real though, empathy and being a part of real relationships should be something that techno junkies should also strive to maintain. This is not a book that would particularly appeal to me and although it isn't a traditional textbook, it does make a good argument.
Catalina Isabel
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catalina-isabel.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Catalina Isabel »

This seems like a great book focusing on cybersecuity. It's great to hear that the author's ideas can apply to anyone though, such as having emotional inteligence and empathy. Thanks so much for a great review, and congrats to the author on BOTD!
Tosin Le
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tosin-le.html
Latest Review: The BLACK BOTTOM by Theo Czuk

Post by Tosin Le »

What an educative book this would be. Getting beneficial tips that will be able to fight cyber insecurity will be great. Congratulations on the book of the day.
Precious Anavheoba
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Bright Expanse
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-anavheoba.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by Precious Anavheoba »

I guess the book has benefits to people in tech and much as it does for people working anywhere, since it talks about people skills. Though the author can improve on the book based on what the reviewer pointed out.
Eriikeoluwa Nimi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eriikeoluwa-nimi.html
Latest Review: The Three Heavens by Paul Hitchiner

Post by Eriikeoluwa Nimi »

I love that this book talks about one of the important skills needed in almost every industry yet overlook by many people: the people skill. I enjoyed reading this review. Congratulations on BOTD
Fawmi FJumana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fawmi-fjumana.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Fawmi FJumana »

This book seems to be quite informative about cybersecurity. I think this book would help people from any profession as ICT is not the only field effected by suber insecurity. But the author definitely have points to improve in the book. Congrats on BOTD!
Faith Stacy Leon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-stacy-leon.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Faith Stacy Leon »

Many nations are experiencing cyber insecurity. The writer did amazingly well by writing this book to educate people on how to tackle it. I found it enlightening. Thank you for sharing.
Ochieng Omuodo
Currently Reading: The Intrepid Brotherhood
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ochieng-omuodo.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by Ochieng Omuodo »

Without agreeing that the lack of people skills and bloated egos are strongly correlated, I agree that those skills are lacking in this industry. As you suggest, they are useful for people beyond the tech-world. Maybe the author could use some; I refer, of course, to your comment on the harshness of delivery.
Oceegee Chika Oroke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oceegee-chika-oroke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Oceegee Chika Oroke »

Even though the issue addressed in this book are very serious and the attitude of some cyber security professionals disturbing, Espinosa manages to remain calm, friendly and cooperative in pointing out strategies that can help solve these problems. I admire the people skill methodology. I recommend this book.
Oswaldo Ramirez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Oswaldo Ramirez »

It is vital that we all adapt to these changes and adopt advanced strategies to protect against these ever-evolving threats.This book is a guide to help bright individuals become bright cyber leaders and team members.
SALIM RAJAB 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by SALIM RAJAB 1 »

I have read a sample of this book and I found it somehow interesting, hoping after finishing my current book I admire going for this one. Thank's to the Author.
Morgan Whipp
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgan-whipp.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Morgan Whipp »

Such an interesting read! Definitely not what I was expecting when I first picked it up, but glad to say I did learn a thing or two from reading!
Radha jaber
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Radha jaber »

Thank you for the excellent review. I enjoyed reading and how you describe all the details in anticipating way! But I don’t think this is the book that I like to read.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”