Review of You Made It Up, Now Stop Believing It

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-youngreader720-oluwabukunmiwilliamsoso.html
Latest Review: Swoosh! Shooting the Perfect Shot by Wajeedah Bilal

Review of You Made It Up, Now Stop Believing It

Post by Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "You Made It Up, Now Stop Believing It" by Kathi Sohn.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Do you know that your words, beliefs, and experiences, even before birth, can greatly affect all areas of your life? There is a reason you feel anxiety, experience the pressure to live up to certain expectations, have low self-esteem, and find it difficult to navigate through life on your own terms. All of these can be traced back to vows you must have made at a very young age in response to events around you. If you want to know how to identify these root causes, commence your journey toward healing from traumatic events, and live your best conscious life, pick up a copy of Kathi Sohn's You Made It Up, Now Stop Believing It.

A comprehensive self-help guide, You Made It Up, Now Stop Believing It, by Kathi Sohn, offers a unique perspective on how our bodies store memories and how these memories can affect our lives in the present. In simple terms, vows are promises that we make to ourselves in response to a traumatic experience, and they can be positive or negative. Positive vows are promises we make to ourselves to do something that will help us avoid a similar traumatic experience in the future. Negative vows, on the other hand, are promises we make to ourselves to avoid something that we fear will happen again. Regardless of whether they are positive or negative, the author asserts that these vows can be limiting and prevent us from living our lives to the fullest; therefore, they must be gotten rid of from our subconscious.

I like that the information in the book aims to put the power back into the hands of the reader. Instead of blaming other people or things around us, we are given a lesson on taking personal responsibility for the limitations we have experienced in life. The author was also able to fully convince me about the level of awareness a newborn baby feels, which a lot of us tend to neglect.

One of the strengths of the book is that it provides a clear understanding of the energy and body connection. Kathi Sohn explains how our bodies store memories and how these memories can affect our lives in the present. For example, we may have been born as girls into a family that wanted a boy, been exposed to a lot of drugs in the womb, or even experienced rage from our parents. She also discusses how emotions can affect our physical bodies and how we can use the "Body Memory Process" to release emotional and physical pain.

Employing different case studies, including her stories, to give readers a better insight into how they make vows and how these vows affect them was also a highlight of the book for me. Through these case studies, the author takes readers through the steps of the "Body Memory Process" (a powerful tool for helping people identify their childhood vows through clues provided by their bodies). Kathi Sohn provides clear instructions on how to recognize and release limiting vows. She also provides exercises that readers can do to help them understand their bodies and their energy. The exercises are easy to follow and can be done by anyone, regardless of their level of experience with meditation, journalling, or other similar practices.

The book is also well-written and easy to read. Kathi Sohn uses language that is accessible to everyone and avoids using jargon or technical terms that may be difficult to understand. She also keeps the book engaging by using personal stories and case studies to illustrate her points.

One thing to note about the book is that it may not be suitable for everyone. The "Body Memory Process" may not be the best approach for people who are dealing with severe trauma or mental health issues, and readers still need to seek professional help if they are dealing with serious mental health issues or trauma. I did find a few errors, but the book seemed professionally edited. All things considered, a rating of five out of five is well deserved since I did not dislike any aspect of the book. The guide is a helpful read and will greatly benefit anyone on their journey toward healing, self-discovery, and self-awareness, and I would recommend it to them.

You Made It Up, Now Stop Believing It
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kigen Valarie
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Amy K Collier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kigen-valarie.html
Latest Review: Purpose 2.0: Upgrade you Life by Walter Perdigao
fav_author_id: 281506
2024 Reading Goal: 240
2024 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by Kigen Valarie »

Reading this book reminds me of mental illness as this is what I can relate to if we have to talk about things that we made up. Sometimes I think that my illness is all made up and it's all in my mind but what if it's not? What if it's real? Because of how my brain works, I want to believe this book will provide silence. This must be a nice recommendation I've had in a long time.
Life will go whichever way. Changing it is up to a very powerful force :|
Ivana_5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ivana_5 »

This i storytelling a memory and believe that everything is a possibility. Memory's helpp us to leave a present. Book is easy to read. Story is very interesting and talk about a love. Femily wish a boy that get a girl. What is problem why is orentations child in 21centry this storytelling us? I recommend this book people why loses faith and believe in love and happiness.
Ajiferuke Ajibola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajiferuke-ajibola.html
Latest Review: The Prison of Power by G Michael Smith

Post by Ajiferuke Ajibola »

Our experiences inform our decisions and future reactions to similar experiences. The author's personal stories and case studies make this literature relatable. The review is honest and detailed. Well done.
Okocha Victor
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okocha-victor.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Post by Okocha Victor »

According to the book's title, I don't think it is easy to give up on the pledges you made yourself as a kid. These things, in my opinion, are necessary to keep propelling us to become awesome people.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”