Review of My Enemy in Vietnam

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Debra Morgan
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debra-morgan.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Re: Review of My Enemy in Vietnam

Post by Debra Morgan »

This is an excellent review. I am not one who reads this type of non-fiction, but the way you describe the book tells me how interesting it would be to someone who does read this genre. The fact that not many books have been written from his perspective tells me that the author truly wanted to give insight into what he personally experienced, both the good and the bad. Thank you for your interesting perspective.
Deborah Osayi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deborah-osayi.html
Latest Review: The Bridge by Andrew Palmer

Post by Deborah Osayi »

I thought won't be really interesting but this review has proved me wrong; i am really curious to know how exactly the Black Americans were treated by the Vietnamese people in the past.
Okoye Chinonso+
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Spare Time Novels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinonso-okoye.html
Latest Review: Yonder's Quest by Kyle Robertson
fav_author_id: 156444

Post by Okoye Chinonso+ »

What a book. It basically is an autobiography of the authors time in Vietnam. Should I say its sad that he witnessed such hardship or Should I say its lovely that he's able to write about it, I do not know. All I can say is...What a book!
I believe that great success is possible in any field - From music to mathematics to macro trading.
Christopherio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopherio.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Christopherio »

This review explains the nature of the book and its standalone pieces; it has sparked the question of the social conduct between the soldiers and the civilians of black Vietnam soldiers during the war and the intensity of the race discrimination; it shares a new perspective to be invested in relating to wars that don't entail killings and political options.
Okoye Chinonso+
Currently Reading:

Of all the books, this really gives off a very strong vibe. I'm reading the story of soldier; not just any soldier, a black soldier in the U.S.
I believe that great success is possible in any field - From music to mathematics to macro trading.
Okoye Chinonso+
Currently Reading:

The book itself may be a really short one but I say for a fact it holds so much information on the Vietnam war.
Okoye Chinonso+
Currently Reading:

It's a really good review though. I love the accurate points given by the reviewer, and the well description of the book.
It would be a lovely book for those who love War genre.
Lol...I also like the name: 'My Enemy in Vietnam', its really catchy
Cheryl Erickson
Currently Reading: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking)
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl-erickson.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Cheryl Erickson »

Previously, I had placed this book on my "not interested in reading" shelf. But after reading this book review, I just moved it to the "want to read" shelf. Now I want to learn more about the racism between our American soldiers amidst war time. I had ignorantly assumed that soldiers fighting in war together on the same side would support, help, and respect each other. I was also surprised to learn that the Vietnamese people treated the black and white American soldiers differently. Thank you for shedding light on these issues. I look forward to learning more from reading your book.
Mohamed Mohamed 20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Mohamed Mohamed 20 »

I'm super intrigued to read this book. I'm always fascinated by books which talk about racial discrimination and stuff so it'll be a really enjoyable read for me.
David Innocent
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by David Innocent »

This book Of all the books, this really gives off a very strong vibe. I'm reading the story of soldier; not just any soldier, a black soldier in the U.S.

During the Vietnam War friends and family members who served in Vietnam so the war holds some pretty frightening image . A different perspective on that war would be so interesting. I am a fan of historical fiction and non-fiction so I am going to add this book to my want-to-read list! Thanks for the great review.
teresaj72
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by teresaj72 »

I have no read the book

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”