Review of Fast Food Made Healthy

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rishaunda Lynnette Britton
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishaunda-lynnette-britton.html
Latest Review: The Aspen Tree by Bart LaRocca

Review of Fast Food Made Healthy

Post by Rishaunda Lynnette Britton »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Fast Food Made Healthy" by Andreas baku.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The state of things in the current phase of human history and development has impacted our lives in several ways. One such way is in the foods we eat. Most people, more than ever, now rely on fast food, as they hardly have the time, energy, skills, or convenience to make their meals. Over the years, the fast food industry has recorded impressive improvements in the variety and quality of foods they offer and has undoubtedly made food needs a whole lot easier for extremely busy people and affordable for those who can hardly afford the high cost of certain food items.

But then, most fast foods often pose certain health challenges, partly due to their manner of preparation and other factors. Some of these health challenges include obesity, weight gain, diabetes, certain kinds of cancer, high blood pressure, and other heart diseases, and these are commonly caused by regular, unchecked consumption of fast foods with excess sodium, high calories, added sugars, unhealthy fats, and refined grains, among others. Can we sacrifice our health for the convenience and affordability of fast food? I doubt. But there is a way out of this, and it's found in Andreas Baku's book, Fast Food Made Healthy: Your Guide to Smart Choices and Guilt-Free Bites.

In this book, Baku meticulously writes about the inception and development of the fast food industry, helping readers understand their heavy presence in today's society; notes the potential health risks in these foods, informing readers on what to look out for; and guides readers on how they can safely explore and enjoy fast foods without compromising their health. I would classify the discussions in this book into two categories: moderation and intentional actions and choices.

Speaking of moderation, readers are meant to understand that fast foods in their entirety are not bad; occasional bites are okay, provided everything is put in check. Portion control and serving size are also comprehensively discussed, helping readers understand how important these are not just when eating out but also when consuming homemade meals and desserts. I was greatly informed by these discussions and now know how to better handle whatever goes into my mouth, as even very healthy foods can become problematic when consumed in excess. I am grateful for the pictures demonstrating the portion sizes.

Under intentional actions and choices, readers are equipped with what they need to make the best out of fast foods, ranging from deciding what to go for ahead of time, utilizing customizable offers, checking out the nutrition label, being confident enough to experiment with the samples (where available) before choosing, and making healthier swaps whenever possible to the hints that would help readers figure out if a fast food center adheres to health protocols or not, among others.

There are so many guides, advice, and suggestions offered in this book to help readers make the best food choices. I found the alternatives to processed sugar, fries, and refined grains, among others, very helpful, as were the various sources of dietary fiber, lean proteins, healthy fats, omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidants provided in this book. This is a go-to book for anyone looking to create healthy, sustainable diets for themselves, their families, and their customers. It is not only a guide to making healthy fast food choices but also for preparing home-made meals.

Fast Food Made Healthy: Your Guide to Smart Choices and Guilt-Free Bites was thoroughly edited. I didn't dislike anything in this book; therefore, I rate it five out of five stars for the aforementioned merits.

Fast Food Made Healthy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords
Osvaldo Borghese
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: The Red Movement by Shadan Kapri
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 85%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

I believe that preparing your meals is the best way to nourish yourself, but, sometimes the need to eat faster and outside the home brings people to Fast food. Another important factor to consider is that, despite the known low quality of the food you can find there, kids adore fast food, and sometimes you go there only to make them happy. Thanks for the nice and detailed review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”