Review of Caged No More Learning To Be Set FREE

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chinedum Chijioke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: The Love Tree by Elise Abiel

Review of Caged No More Learning To Be Set FREE

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Caged No More Learning To Be Set FREE" by Rose Hogans.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In "Caged No More: Learning To Be Set Free," Rose Hogans chronicles her tumultuous upbringing and early adulthood, marked by domestic, emotional, and even sexual abuse. Raised in a household where she witnessed her mother endure domestic violence, Rose encountered her fair share of challenges. However, the book delves into her journey of survival and eventual embrace of Christianity, which caused her to navigate the world differently.

Throughout the book, almost every chapter elicited an emotional response from me as I immersed myself in Rose's narrative. The author adeptly provides vivid and detailed accounts of her experiences, some of which were quite graphic. While these descriptions were at times difficult to read due to the graphic explanations, they contributed to a deeper understanding of her story, albeit accompanied by moments of sadness.

I appreciated the author's decision to candidly depict her experiences, as it allowed for a more nuanced understanding of her journey, delving into the depths of her struggles and triumphs with unflinching honesty. This balanced approach not only shed light on the challenges she faced but also highlighted the resilience and strength that emerged from adversity. Moreover, the narrative skillfully navigated through the darker moments, infusing rays of hope and redemption, especially in the chapters detailing her testimonies following her acceptance of Christ. These poignant accounts not only resonated deeply but also served as beacons of hope, offering glimpses of light amidst the shadows of adversity, ultimately inspiring and uplifting the reader's spirit.

Overall, I found nothing to dislike about the book; it felt comprehensive and well-executed. I encountered no errors while reading. Given its myriad strengths and absence of weaknesses, I wholeheartedly rate it a perfect 5 out of 5.

I would highly recommend "Caged No More: Learning To Be Set Free" to enthusiasts of memoirs that explore themes of pain and eventual triumph. Additionally, individuals grappling with the aftermath of abuse and seeking closure may find solace and resonance in Rose's journey, making this book a valuable resource for those navigating similar challenges.

Caged No More Learning To Be Set FREE
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Osvaldo Borghese
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: The Red Movement by Shadan Kapri
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 85%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

This book talks about a difficult topic: violence and pain. From the bottom, the author found a way to get up and share her experience in a wonderful book. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”