Review of Launchpad Republic

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Omobolanle Savage
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Words of Weedsdom
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Re: Review of Launchpad Republic

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

The review does an excellent job of highlighting the book's structure, making it easier for readers to navigate and understand the content, which piques my interest in exploring the entrepreneurial insights it offers.
Lee Spaulding
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Lee Spaulding »

This was a great review. I appreciate that it is pointed out that each chapter has a summary to help the reader know what the chapter is about. The history of so many foundational companies (A&P, AT&T etc) definitely peaks my interest even more as I love history of companies! I am looking forward to getting started on reading it.
Sapna Mallah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Sapna Mallah »

This book is every informative. Great review.
Latest Review:The author did a nice job in presenting the book to be interesting and easy to understand. Thanks for a wonderful and intriguing review. Looking forward to reading this book.
Latest Review:These things help the readers understand it and be able to read the book without getting bored. Nice one!Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why it Matters to All of Us, Howard Wolk and John Landry provide an insightful and thought-provoking history of entrepreneurship in the United States, with a focus on the political, legal, and cultural forces that have sustained "creative destruction" and propelled the country forward for more than 200 years. In telling this story, the book highlights the critical features that have set America apart from other countries and identifies the key attributes necessary for it to maintain leadership for years to come.Entrepreneurship is a rebellious act, and America's democratic system is unique in enabling new companies to challenge established ones. As a result, the country enjoys not just more robust start-up activity, but also a dynamism that forces big companies to improve--or face the consequences. It protects both property rights and the right to compete in ways not enjoyed elsewhere, encouraging investment and innovation. Aside from assessing how American entrepreneurial capitalism unfolded, the authors address current challenges such as the rise of the "Big Tech", concerns about inequality, inclusivity and sustainability, and the evolution toward stakeholder capitalism.
Nuru Menene
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominic-emezuru.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Nuru Menene »

Today's Book of the Day delves into the thriving entrepreneurial spirit of America, examining how the nation's unique cultural, political, and legal landscapes cultivate an environment ripe for businesses to flourish. For readers fascinated by the business world, as well as those curious about the political and economic standings that shape opportunity in various countries, this book promises an insightful exploration. By uncovering the distinct frameworks that empower entrepreneurial success in the United States, this read is a must for anyone seeking to understand the fertile ground that allows companies and innovation to truly take root and thrive on American soil.
Precious Anavheoba
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-anavheoba.html
Latest Review: Teacher by Robert Mitchell

Post by Precious Anavheoba »

I believe the author's knowledge about entrepreneurial practices will surely contribute to the American entrepreneurial market. Congratulations to the author on getting a perfect rating.
Fateme Ataei
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fateme-ataei_5291440.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X

Post by Fateme Ataei »

As an aspiring entrepreneur and based on your review, I find the book to be an excellent resource for those like myself who are keen on starting their own businesses. It seems like the book has a lot to offer in terms of practical knowledge and insights that can help budding entrepreneurs make informed decisions and navigate the challenges that come with starting a business.
Blueberry Dragon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blueberry-dragon.html
Latest Review: God is good by Margaret liu collins

Post by Blueberry Dragon »

As the reviewer Gavice Victoria rightly point out, the preface seemed a bit intimidating at first, but it also provides a chapter-by-chapter summary, which is a great pointer in terms of what to expect from each one of them. I hope to be able to listen to the rest of the book and learn from the stories presented about the secret sauce of America's success in the entrepreneurship area.
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: Exiles' Escape
Bookshelf Size: 1667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Tarizon: Supreme Mandate by William Manchee
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 98%

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

I am not sure if I would ever want to start my own company since I am more of an independent worker that I like to know what I am going to be doing each day. I don't really like the selling part of life so I guess that might be why I am unlikely to read the book. However, your review made excellent points. Great work!
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
Rajaee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rajaee.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Rajaee »

A great book to understand entrepreneurial development and the problems faced by startups. Also the book is written by the joint effort of two people experienced at their respective fields, so it would increase the value of the book.
Thanks for the review.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 702
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 71%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Rajaee, I just read your comments on the official review of "Launchpad Republic" and I agree with you that this is an interesting book for people interested in a startup business. One must have a solid financial plan to launch a startup and realize that a very high percentage of these businesses fail. @Mrlefty0706
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 702
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 71%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Rajaee, I just read your comments on the official review of "Launchpad Republic" and I agree with you that this is an interesting book for people interested in a startup business. One must have a solid financial plan to launch a startup and realize that a very high percentage of these businesses fail. @Mrlefty0706

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”