Review of Happiness and Survival

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 1055
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: The Thief and Me by Cathy DesRosiers Peebles

Re: Review of Happiness and Survival

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

Mental health is an important issue. A book that underscores the significance of psychotherapy and mental development is helpful.

Thank you for the great review.
Marie Chalupová
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Brandon Sanderson
Currently Reading: The Hand that Wields the Sword
Bookshelf Size: 2322
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marie-chalupov.html
Latest Review: The Very Hungry Beagles Guide to Poop by M. Jackson, Lucky, Mr. Beckham, Peanut
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 4040
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 61%

Post by Marie Chalupová »

It's good to always be open to new ideas, even if those are outside of societal norms. I like that the author doesn't force his view.
Omneya Shakeep
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Catching Genesis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omneya-shakeep.html
Latest Review: One Year, One Night by S.L. Roman

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

That's an interesting book to broaden my horizons. I like the idea of the author presenting different perspectives on life than what is the norm in most societies.
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
Maduvha Chauke
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Maduvha Chauke »

Thank you for sharing this book it gives guidance of better life on how to survive and creat happiness in your life by avoiding so called "norms". Therefore I think we should open our minds to fresh and different ideas that could :enhance our well- being
Alissa Deann Devargas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

This book is like a self-help book that talks about its theme of survival and happiness. I feel interested because it mentions self improvement and mental development. I'd like to read how to gain them.
John wesh
Currently Reading: Rescue Me
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kruger-johnson.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by John wesh »

What a great review of Happiness and Survival by Bob Gebelein that has captured the detailed summary of the author's exploration of life,self improvement, happiness and personal development. I am indeed captivated by what the author's need and concern is to withdraw from what is considered the norm in the society and truly discover oneself. Excellent review
Shiru Elizabeth
Currently Reading: The Riddle of Alchemy
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shiru-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Raising Strong Daughters from the Inside Out by Diana Delahaye

Post by Shiru Elizabeth »

Bob Gebelein's "Happiness and Survival" seems to be a thought-provoking examination of life, happiness, and human growth. It is admirable that the author has the guts to question accepted wisdom and present a different viewpoint on self-improvement. Congrats on BOTD.
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this seems like an interesting memoir/self-help book about how the author challenged conventional beliefs to overcome difficulties and to stay true to himself. It might be worth a second look. Well done.
truekhristian
Currently Reading: A Discovery of Time and Space
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by truekhristian »

Thank you for your review. After reading a sample of the book, I wondered about the direction in which the author was headed and if the book was worth reading. The review you wrote is valuable to me in that, I love to read thought-provoking books about life and I am drawn to listening to new and different perspectives.
Runan
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-runan.html
Latest Review: Savannah Lee: The 1st Thanksgiving by U.L. Devereaux
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 38%

Post by Runan »

The author discusses the benefits of psychotherapy in this book while also sharing his personal experiences. He also encourages the readers to challenge the norms to find their true selves. His approach to life and his ideals are commendable. This is a book that lets readers think deeply about conventional norms. I enjoyed reading your review.
Runan
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Advent of Time
Bookshelf Size: 1984
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Happiness and Survival' by Bob Gebelein serves as a useful and solid source of information for avid readers. It draws our attention to the noteworthy features of the book. Readers would learn about the author's personal experiences through which he provides valuable insights into the benefits of psychotherapy and the importance of mental development. Also, as mentioned in the review, the author offers his views on matters like ego, physicalism, spirituality, etc. while differing from what is acceptable in society today. I like the advice offered to potential readers in the review!
Nemanja Jankovic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 634
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nemanja-jankovic.html
Latest Review: Breaking the Mold: Remodeling your Way to Success by Fabian Videla

Post by Nemanja Jankovic »

"Happiness and Survival" by Bob Gebelein is a book that explores life and personal development. The book is also interesting in that the author challenges conventional beliefs. In the book, the author often uses his personal stories. The book is professionally edited.
Jennifer Coxon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Untouchable by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

I like the author's bravery in getting his voice out there and speaking against the conformed norms that have minimised/cancelled what he has found to be beneficial to live his life by. I hadn't realised teachings have moved away from respected historical psychiatrists so much.
Sheen Jenny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheen-jenny.html
Latest Review: Beating Death: Doorways to The Universe by Sean O’Banion

Post by Sheen Jenny »

As I followed the author's personal stories and reflections, I found myself resonating with his message of embracing individuality and listening to the wisdom of one's own subconscious mind. 'Happiness and Survival' is a thought-provoking exploration that encourages readers to question, reflect, and ultimately, find their own path to happiness
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: In The Beginning... Man Created God? by Brandon Irving

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

Why does it feels like this book is going to be a complicated book regardless, I'm curious to know the full details of the content, I feel like I'd learn something new which will be very beneficial. Congratulations to the author for winning BOTD with this book.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”