Review of My Way

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mary Clarkee
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: We Are Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-clarkee.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Review of My Way

Post by Mary Clarkee »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "My Way" by Debroada Cornelius.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

My Way by Debroada Cornelius is a book that helps you figure out how to live your best life. It was written in such a way that it seems like a wise friend giving you advice on how to make good choices, overcome tough times, and find your inner strength. The book talks about finding faith in something bigger than yourself, dealing with challenges, staying true to who you are, and other important life topics. It's all about finding your path and making the most of life.

This book has lots of amazing topics, but I want to talk about one that interests me: the power of prayer. The author talks about how prayer isn't just about asking for things to happen; it's also about trusting in something greater than ourselves. They share stories of people who have experienced the incredible impact of prayer in their lives, showing how it can bring comfort, guidance, and even miracles. But just when you think you've grasped the essence of prayer, the author leaves you hanging on the edge of your seat. They hint at something deeper, something beyond our understanding. It's as if they're about to reveal a secret that could change everything. We thought we knew about prayer. The suspense builds, leaving you eager to turn the page.

This book encourages self-reflection and introspection. It prompts readers to examine their thoughts, behaviors, and beliefs, urging them to identify areas for personal growth and improvement. Through journaling exercises and thought-provoking questions, the book guides readers on a journey of self-discovery. Also, throughout the book, there are stories of real people who have faced challenges and overcome them. These stories serve as examples of strength and resilience for readers. For instance, there's a story about a woman who lost her job but started her own successful business by persevering through difficult times. Finally, the book has a positive tone that uplifts and motivates readers. It instills a sense of hope and optimism, reminding readers that they can overcome challenges and achieve their goals. And it was written in a clear language that is easy for anyone to grasp.

The flaw of this book is that it repeats certain ideas or concepts throughout different chapters, which can make the reading experience feel redundant. For example, the book may emphasize the importance of positive thinking multiple times without introducing new perspectives. I also came across a few errors, and following the negatives, I will rate this book four out of five stars. I will recommend this book to lovers of non-fiction and self-help books.

My Way
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I’m really glad that you enjoyed this book. I think that prayer can provide comfort as well as guidance, also. I am sorry, though, that there was so much repetition involved. Do you think tat it was just an effort to make the book longer? Thanks!
Nokwanda Thabethe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Nokwanda Thabethe »

I think I ran on this book just in time when I was feeling weak, lost, broken...this book gave me hope, taught me the importance of prayer and made me look at life in a different perspective 🙏
Cristina-Ioana Toader
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-ioana-toader.html
Latest Review: Brief First Encounter by Thomas Miezejeski

Post by Cristina-Ioana Toader »

Great review! It's fascinating how you describe the author's approach to this topic—not just as a means for requests but as a profound trust in a higher power. The way you convey your anticipation and curiosity about the deeper aspects of prayer that the author hints at is engaging and makes one want to dive into the book to uncover these secrets themselves.
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: life.............connected by jacksel

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

When you start to achieve great things, you realize you have found the inner you, your inner strength overall.
Jason Ortega 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jason-ortega-1.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Jason Ortega 1 »

My Way by Debroada Cornelius. It a wonderful review that explains the belief of faith and the guidance of prayers.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”