Review of Bailout Conspiracy

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Quest: Finding Freddie
Bookshelf Size: 780
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Trouble In The Triangle by Lisa Hedge

Review of Bailout Conspiracy

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Bailout Conspiracy" by Frank Latell.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Bailout Conspiracy: They Stole Your Money by Frank Latell is a true crime story about the bank foreclosure on the Fannie Mae loans that Frank and Kathleen Latell had on the Peppertree and Croix apartment buildings that they had successfully owned for over 20 years. This foreclosure made them lose their business properties, livelihood, and retirement income. Frank details the incompetencies, fraud, and corruption responsible for their failure to keep their businesses. Who was to blame? What went wrong? Grab a copy of this fascinating book before it happens to you. As Frank states, "No one is above the law."

I appreciate that Frank Latell did not hold back in telling his story. He included pictures and copies of the actual letters, court documents, etc., which backed up everything he claimed. Mark Twain's quote at the beginning of the book, "If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything," sets the tone for the rest of the book. Reading the history of different legislative acts like the Housing and Economic Recovery Act (HERA) and the False Claim Act was interesting.

I am disappointed with how federal agencies and some of the other players acted throughout Frank's ordeal, and I hope that changes will occur within them. Some reproduced documents have small, blurry, and faded print, making them difficult to read. However, I did not miss anything because they were part of the narrative discussion. This book has no negative aspects that affected my rating.

This well-written and exceptionally edited book flowed smoothly and was a joy to read. Frank Latell told his story honestly, as evidenced by the documentation he included in this book. Because of these comments and the positive aspects discussed above, I found no reason not to rate it a perfect 5 out of 5 stars.

There is a small amount of religion in the book that shows that the Latells are Christians, but it is not significant enough to be offensive to anyone. For example, Frank did not think one of the actions he thought about doing would sit well with God. The only thing I encountered that readers may find offensive is borderline profanity. I recommend anyone, especially business owners, read this book to learn what financial pitfalls they should avoid before it is too late.

Bailout Conspiracy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”