Review of You Noticed That?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jaituni Sanghavi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 173
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaituni-sanghavi.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Review of You Noticed That?

Post by Jaituni Sanghavi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "You Noticed That?" by Anastasia Akbulut.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Has it ever occurred that you find a book and it feels like it was written specifically for you? One that connects with you so profoundly that you can't help but wonder how the author understood your thoughts so well! I had that feeling when I read You Noticed That? by Anastasia Akbulut. The things she talked about in the book were things I think about a lot too. It almost felt like we shared a similar thought pattern.

This book is Anastasia's memoir, in which she basically talks about self-discovery, empowerment in the true sense, and learning to trust ourselves. It is heartfelt and full of valuable experiences.

The book commences with Anastasia questioning, 'Who am I truly?' Perhaps this is a sentiment many of us can relate to, don't we? This is also the one question that I ask myself on a daily basis. The author then, through her straightforward writing, shares her constant struggle to understand herself and the world around her. Writing becomes her solace and her way of making sense of the chaos.

Even though Anastasia faces many challenges, she's not scared to be herself. She's bold, honest, and brave, and she stands up against unfairness. I found her courage and honesty really inspiring. Throughout the book, she talks about the individuals who have helped her and impacted her life. She shares the moments that changed her life. And she also encourages us to think about who we are and what we do, showing how important it is to understand and accept ourselves.

A central theme in the book is change and self-transformation. Anastasia uses a beautiful metaphor, comparing the journey of humans to that of a butterfly. She shows how both go through a slow and gradual process of growth and change. Through this metaphor, she encourages us to see change as a chance to grow and discover more about ourselves.

Another significant subject explored in the book is the concept of power, likening it to poisonous alcohol. I really liked this comparison because it is indeed true that power, when not properly handled, has a toxic effect on us. Thus, in order to not let that happen, Anastasia emphasizes the need to recognize and control one's own power before it controls us.

Anastasia also reflects on the impact of silence and the consequences of missed opportunities to express oneself. She gives glimpses of her own life to emphasize how crucial it is to find your voice and speak out, even in tough times. One particular sentence that really touched me was, "You can’t expect someone to do something that they don’t feel." It felt as though this sentence appeared before my eyes just at the right time, and I cannot agree with it enough because it is so very true. Just think and ponder on this line, and you will know!

Personally, I truly had a wonderful time reading this book. I saw myself nodding in agreement at so many parts of the book, acknowledging it in affirmation. This book left quite a positive impact on me and made me smile wide and reflect for a long time. Moreover, the writing style is very simple. There are no fancy terms and no pretense. It is just raw and right from the heart. This is what I felt, and thus, without a second thought, I would rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. I did not dislike anything, truly!

Ultimately, You Noticed That? is a powerful book. It will remind you to trust yourself, embrace change, and never stop questioning. As Anastasia says, "Trust yourself more and more every day. Here's to the days when you can be sure of yourself."

You Noticed That?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”