Review of Winning at Leading Women In Leadership

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Review of Winning at Leading Women In Leadership

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Winning at Leading Women In Leadership" by Ronica Watkins, PhD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I always enjoy books written by women; they always bring an interesting perspective to break the tendency of a patriarchal and overly masculine world. 

In my opinion, the book "Winning at Leading: Women in Leadership" by Ronica Watkins seems to be one of those works that brings a unique perspective on leadership. With her background, she seems like a competent figure suited to bring about this concept of change. 

In the process of reading this book, I am reminded of the many revolutionary changes that can be brought about by more egalitarian and humanistic leadership. The author conveys that leadership isn't a destination; it's a journey related to growth, adaptation, and self-discovery. Healthy leadership is about bringing everyone along to develop and become the best versions of themselves. 

Many practical steps are given to fellow women by the author, conveyed simply and easily. As women leaders, it's important for us to advocate for each other, mentor each other, and dare to fight for our own rights and those of others.

The struggle to create a better environment for women is not the struggle of one person but is achieved through a collective movement where everyone can be a catalyst for change for those around them. 

I rate this book 4 out of 5 because I like the concept of the leadership approach it teaches, which is based on a humane and collaborative approach. Mentorship, advocacy, and women supporting women are narratives she often emphasizes in the book. The book's easy-to-understand writing, flawless editing, and good storytelling are also reasons for my similar rating.

The author emphasizes key points she wants to convey well, provides descriptive examples, and gives summaries so readers can understand the author's intentions again.

As a downside to this book, some points feel repeated in several parts. I think the author's intention to emphasize key points is good. Emphasizing points repeatedly could be done with diversified ideas or the giving of personal stories that can strengthen the idea in the reader's mind. Thus, the reason for deducting a star. 

I recommend this book for women change agents, businesswomen, and those who want to implement healthier leadership in their organizations.

Winning at Leading Women In Leadership
View: on Bookshelves
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Harshitha Nayak
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshitha-nayak.html
Latest Review: Tour of Duty by William H. Coles
2024 Reading Goal: 55
2024 Goal Completion: 54%

Post by Harshitha Nayak »

Good summary about aspects of the book. Women empowerment is theme, always inspire to read, story about women's success also inspires. it's fortunate that, there's book coming out to help other womens to explore their potential.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Priya Murugesan »

A very good review! Repeating facts in a book is a negative aspect which makes readers lose interest in the book.
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
Anshika Kanan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anshika-kanan.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Anshika Kanan »

The review you wrote is very informative and detailed. The concept of the book is very good, to learn and grow.
Yashi Shukla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yashi-shukla.html
Latest Review: The Forbidden Man by Gerald R Knight
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Yashi Shukla »

Since male-written publications are frequently unrelatable to women living in patriarchal societies, I greatly enjoy the books that teach you how to hone your leadership abilities from the viewpoint of a successful woman. Although I think this book is quite interesting, I'm not sure if I should read it because of its repetitive nature.
Yours truly,
Yashi Shukla
Ashwini Tawade
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashwini-tawade.html
Latest Review: Who Will Accompany You? by Meg Stafford, Kate Stafford, Gale Stafford

Post by Ashwini Tawade »

I really appreciate the purpose of this book. It is so relevant, even to this day, and probably anywhere in the world. Women indeed need such good reads. Thank you for your clear review. It's only more encouraging for the readers, so I will definitely want to read this book soon. You sound sensitive and sensible. I appreciate your words and this review.
Dana Lawrence Lohn
Favorite Book: The Upstairs Delicatessen
Currently Reading: In the Garden of Beasts
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dana-lawrence-lohn.html
Latest Review: The Mercury Mind by Nathan Lancry
2024 Reading Goal: 125
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Dana Lawrence Lohn »

I find it cool that Ms. Watkins earned a Ph.D. And brought that level of education into researching and writing this book. Sounds like with some light editing to reduce repetition, it could be a 5!
_Rhea Jacob
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhea-jacob.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by _Rhea Jacob »

Thank you for your review! I also like books written by women but repeating a point too many times can make me lose interest, however I would still like to give the book a try.
Tomi Ahmed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomi-ahmed.html
Latest Review: JJ and Frijolito by Victoria Cepeda
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 35
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Tomi Ahmed »

This review provides a thoughtful analysis of "Winning at Leading: Women in Leadership" by Ronica Watkins. It acknowledges the importance of diverse perspectives in literature and praises the author's competence in offering a unique viewpoint on leadership. The reviewer appreciates the emphasis on egalitarian and humanistic leadership, highlighting the importance of advocacy, mentorship, and collective action among women. While commending the book's clear writing and storytelling, the reviewer notes some repetition as a minor drawback. Overall, the review rates the book 4 out of 5 stars and recommends it to women change agents and businesswomen seeking to implement healthier leadership practices.
Marie Chalupová
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Brandon Sanderson
Currently Reading: The Will of the Many
Bookshelf Size: 2297
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marie-chalupov.html
Latest Review: The Very Hungry Beagles Guide to Poop by M. Jackson, Lucky, Mr. Beckham, Peanut
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 4040
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by Marie Chalupová »

Not many women can succeed in the current business world because it's a world that is built by men for men. Yet, there are examples of women who succeeded and that did it in a way that is more caring and less cutthroat.
Cristina-Ioana Toader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-ioana-toader.html
Latest Review: Pixylations by Joe Laudati

Post by Cristina-Ioana Toader »

Great review! The book offers a refreshing perspective on leadership, highlighting the importance of collaboration and advocacy among women leaders.
Runan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-runan.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 165%

Post by Runan »

The approach to leadership from the author’s perspective is fresh and pleasing. The idea of developing and growing together to achieve success is wonderful. Women need to look out for each other because, in many places, gender bias still acts as a hurdle to success. Repetition impedes my enjoyment of a book. It's a bit sad that this book repeats several points. I really liked your review, which brought all the relevant aspects of the book together.
Runan
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Tomi Ahmed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomi-ahmed.html
Latest Review: JJ and Frijolito by Victoria Cepeda
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 35
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Tomi Ahmed »

This review beautifully highlights the importance of diverse perspectives in leadership, especially from women authors like Ronica Watkins. The book seems to offer valuable insights into a more humane and collaborative approach to leadership, advocating for mentorship and women supporting women. While some points may feel repetitive, the overall message and practical steps provided make it a worthwhile read for women in leadership roles. Thank you for sharing your thoughtful review and recommendation!
Boddeda Priyanka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boddeda-priyanka.html
Latest Review: The Power of Conscious Connection by Talia Fox
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 54%

Post by Boddeda Priyanka »

"Winning at Leading Women in Leadership" by Ronica Watkins, PhD, offers invaluable insights into empowering women in leadership roles. Watkins combines her expertise with practical advice, making it a must-read for anyone aspiring to foster gender equality and diversity in leadership.your review is very clear and precise .your review makes me to read this book.I must consider this book for my bookshelf.
Jones Mwaniki
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jones-mwaniki.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 220%

Post by Jones Mwaniki »

This is a good review that briefly summarises what the book is about. From what's written in the book, the author is trying to change or improve how leadership is done, and also provides insights into some things the reader might have not been aware of.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”