Review of Atlantis Revealed

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Abhishek Kumar Gupta
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Beyond the Golden Door
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abhishek-kumar-gupta.html
Latest Review: Iron Pigs by Nathan Dunlap
2024 Reading Goal: 365
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Re: Review of Atlantis Revealed

Post by Abhishek Kumar Gupta »

Thank you for sharing your thorough and insightful review of "ATLANTIS REVEALED BY MEDIEVAL AND NASA OCEAN FLOOR MAPS & ANCIENT MYTHOLOGY" by Riaan Booysen! It sounds like a fascinating exploration of ancient myths and their potential connection to historical truths, supported by extensive research and intriguing references to maps and images. Your appreciation for the author's respect for different beliefs and the book's exceptional editing is duly noted. Your enthusiastic five-star rating and recommendation make a compelling case for diving into this intriguing text, especially for researchers, historians, and cartographers. Happy reading to those who embark on this journey of discovery! 🌊🗺️📚
Rose Nafula Oketch
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-nafula-oketch.html
Latest Review: Essential Gut Health for Women Over 50 by JL Service

Post by Rose Nafula Oketch »

I love that Riaan Booysen provides facts that are well researched, plus he backs them with maps, images, and pictures; however, the mysteries surrounding Atlantis have never caught my attention, so the book doesn't fit me. Great review.
Bobbie Wolf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bobbie-wolf.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 65%

Post by Bobbie Wolf »

I enjoyed reading your review. It contains quite a bit of needed information to help me decide if this book is for me. You left me with the enticement "If you’ve ever wondered if there was more to Australia and New Zealand, the maps in this book show a lot more than you may have imagined." Nice way to lead a curious mind to water, so to speak; now I have to decide whether I will drink. Geography was never my strong suit in school, but you have me curious. Thank you for your review.
Tars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 354

Post by Tars »

Interesting concept and I am quite surprised that, as an ancient legend and mythology fan, it never occurred to me to compare the geographical maps. Now with additional visuals, I already itch to travel and search for clues to my favorite myths personally. Congratulations on BOTD!
Upasana Vidish Purohit
Favorite Book: To Kill a Mockingbird
Currently Reading: Atomic Habits
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-upasana-vidish-purohit.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Goal Completion: 65%

Post by Upasana Vidish Purohit »

ATLANTIS REVEALED BY MEDIEVAL AND NASA OCEAN FLOOR MAPS & ANCIENT MYTHOLOGY describes myths, mythology of Atlantis, history of different Tribes using maps and images for better understanding. It is suitable for those who are interested in ancient culture and history.
rusyalana
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 156

Post by rusyalana »

The author has made a substantial research on the existence of Atlantis. It has been an enigma for many years and a lot of people would like to unravel its mystery. So it will be interesting to read the book provided with images, maps and pictures relating to the various topics to make it more understandable. Congratulations on becoming BOTD!
Amos Osinya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amos-osinya.html
Latest Review: Swallows Also Fall by CR Armeny

Post by Amos Osinya »

Myths have always been here with us. Believing in how some things are done in certain way. Eager to learn about different mythology through this book.
Jenna Padayachee
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Kybalion
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenna-padayachee.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Signature Addition: Jenna Padayachee

Post by Jenna Padayachee »

A delightful and informative review, thank you.
Atlantis has always been an exciting subject, and I find that this book is intriguing in that it is depicted in a textbook-styled approach with exquisite cartography, pictures, and the use of biblical events as a possible contributing factor " for Atlantis going under the sea."
I saved this for a later read .
Congratulations to the author!
"Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power." Lao Tzu
Jenna Padayachee
Sanju Lali
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 447
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

An interesting discovery based book "Atlantis Revealed" by Riaan Booysen, which tries to prove Plato's description of Atlantis using ancient maps. A nice book to read.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Olga Markova
Currently Reading: The Postscript Murders
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olga-markova.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Olga Markova »

Your review is intriguing, Christabel! Your review mentions maps in the book, and this looks like a red light for me as I've always dreaded maps. But sampling this book, I felt riveted by the excursions to ancient myths and legends and the story of Plato. So I wonder if this book will make me enjoy maps like you!
Rose Angela
Favorite Author: Lisa Kleypas
Favorite Book: God of Wrath
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 5547

Post by Rose Angela »

"Atlantis Revealed" by Riaan Booysen is a captivating exploration of the mythical city of Atlantis. The author presents a compelling argument that the 'imaginary' Terra Australis Incognita was actually Atlantis. The book is well-researched and detailed, with over 70 color maps and images. It's a must-read for those interested in history and cartography.Overall, it's a fascinating dive into a long-lost civilization.
Shiru Elizabeth
Currently Reading: The Riddle of Alchemy
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shiru-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Kid Scientist by Lisa Hoffman

Post by Shiru Elizabeth »

This book uses a combination of historical records, mythology, and ancient maps to investigate the likelihood that Atlantis ever existed. through examining many cultural perspectives and making use of biblical texts. Congrats on BOTD.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Kitty Ghost by JM Schultz

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

Riaan's book is unique and I would love to read and find out about the Atlantis. The ideology behind the book is nice and I would obviously enjoy it. Congrats on BOTD.
Jeff Kanda
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Dreams Are to Be Lived
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeff-kanda.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Jeff Kanda »

I don't believe in myths but I love reading mythical books. I have read a few pages of this book and so far, I like it. Thanks for the engaging review!
Nemanja Jankovic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 588
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nemanja-jankovic.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Nemanja Jankovic »

"Atlantis Revealed" by Riaan Booysen is a book in which the author tries to prove the existence of Atlantis. In his goals, the author uses antique maps. The book is well organized in 20 chapters and written like a textbook. The book is professionally edited.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”