Review of The Servant Leadership Drought

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Savina Visintin
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-savina-visintin.html
Latest Review: Frankie by T. A. Perret

Review of The Servant Leadership Drought

Post by Savina Visintin »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Servant Leadership Drought" by Claude Phiri.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

What does it mean to be a servant leader? Do you think this has advantages compared to traditional leadership, or could it be problematic for your company? Claude Phiri will explain in detail what being a servant leader entails in his magnificent book The Servant Leadership Drought. Readers will discover how one can become a servant leader, what misconceptions are associated with this definition, what the qualities of a servant leader are, and much more. The author also includes a roadmap to help you become a servant leader and many valuable examples.

I am excited about this book because I have long believed that the best leadership is one in which the leader leads by example, creates an environment in which team members are encouraged to collaborate and constantly improve, and has great empathy and humility. Phiri traced the portrait of the ideal servant leader, also offering many examples in which companies have thrived thanks to the guidance of this exceptional figure. As I read, I reflected on how the world would be better with many of these figures in pivotal roles. I hope this book contributes to understanding and accepting that change from traditional leadership to servant leadership is necessary.

I also liked that the author underlined what resistance you sometimes find to this type of leadership because this allows us to understand how to act when you leave traditional leadership for this one. I also believe he did an excellent job of dispelling myths and misconceptions regarding servant leadership.

The book has no negative aspects other than typos; I found several during my reading. I would also add that, although the author mentions Jesus Christ, I think this book is suitable for people of all religions because it shares ideas that have universal value.

I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars only because of the typos, but I consider it a valuable tool for all aspiring servant leaders. Here, they will find practical examples and food for thought to become one, and it is to all these people that I recommend this splendid book.

The Servant Leadership Drought
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Olivier Muhammad
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olivier-muhammad.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Olivier Muhammad »

This review provides valuable insight into "The Servant Leadership Drought" by Claude Phiri. It highlights the book's focus on servant leadership and its advantages over traditional leadership. The author's inclusion of practical examples and a roadmap for becoming a servant leader is seen as beneficial. The reviewer appreciates the dispelling of misconceptions and believes the book is suitable for various religious backgrounds. There are minor typos mentioned as a downside. Overall, the review suggests that the book is a valuable resource for aspiring servant leaders. Compelling themes, explored with depth and complexity.
Joshua Sawders
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Joshua Sawders »

Howdy! Based on this review, it seems like "The Servant Leadership Drought" by Claude Phiri would be a great read for anyone interested in becoming a servant leader. The reviewer praises the author for outlining the qualities and misconceptions of servant leadership, providing a roadmap for transformation, and including valuable examples. They also appreciate the author's efforts to dispel myths and mention that the book is suitable for people of all religions. The only downside mentioned are some typos in the book. Overall, this review highlights the book's value for aspiring servant leaders. Y'all should give it a go! Enchanting atmosphere, immersed me completely.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”