Review of Atlantis Revealed

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lorna Philip Enslin
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Favorite Book: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Currently Reading: Good Not Hate
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorna-philip-enslin.html
Latest Review: The Final Keystone by John Kevin Crowley
Reading Device: 1Device
fav_author_id: 248825

Re: Review of Atlantis Revealed

Post by Lorna Philip Enslin »

A thorough review, thank you. 'Atlantis Revealed' by Riaan Booysen is a book that tries to prove Plato's description of Atlantis using ancient maps. Furthermore, it takes readers through the history and beliefs of different tribes. We also learn about Egyptian mythology and characters like the Serpents, Osiris, Isis and Ra. Congrats on #BOTD.
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

Riaan Booysen's "ATLANTIS REVEALED" is a fascinating and meticulously researched exploration of one of history's greatest mysteries - the lost city of Atlantis.
Rose Ngore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Rose Ngore »

A very detailed and informative review. It gives out a clear picture of the book and anyone who reads it after this review has some information of what it entails. Great review
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: The Bear with No Hair and the Mystery of the Stolen Fur Coat by Michelle Renee Avis

Post by Salome Ogani »

Through a captivating blend of ancient mythology, medieval maps, and modern scientific data, Booysen weaves a compelling narrative that challenges conventional wisdom and invites readers to reconsider their understanding of our planet's past.
Merits Anih
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-merits-anih.html
Latest Review: The Newton Code by Liam Fialkov

Post by Merits Anih »

The book's interdisciplinary approach, drawing from diverse sources such as Egyptian mythology, biblical scriptures, and NASA ocean floor maps, lends credibility and depth to Booysen's theories. Expertly organized and supported by a wealth of visual aids, this book is a treasure trove for those seeking to unravel the enigma of Atlantis.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 512
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

Since no one today was alive during the alleged years of Atlantis, anything that comes up about it is nothing more than faith. I like that the author uses cultural history, beautiful illustrations, and citations that show why he believes Atlantis indeed existed. Thanks for the review!
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-suraj.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

Great review although I'm not a fan of this type of book it was still great. Your review I must say has summarized everything. Well done.
Marie Chalupová
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Brandon Sanderson
Currently Reading: The Book That Broke the World (The Library Trilogy #2)
Bookshelf Size: 2305
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marie-chalupov.html
Latest Review: The Very Hungry Beagles Guide to Poop by M. Jackson, Lucky, Mr. Beckham, Peanut
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 4040
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 42%

Post by Marie Chalupová »

The author takes on the myth of Atlantis with a scientific approach. He looks for similarities across different myths from different mythologies as well as to the charts of the sea ground.
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1464
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

What an awesome review! Bravo! I've downloaded my copy, and I'm looking forward to reading this one.

Filled with interesting details and evidence to support the author's claims, today's BOTD takes a look at the connections between ancient mythology, Atlantis, and the beliefs of various tribes. Readers interested in history, exploration, and discovery will want to pick up this educational read today. Thanks again! :-)
Naushin Moledina
Favorite Book: The Canterville Ghost
Currently Reading: Boundaries
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naushin-moledina.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Naushin Moledina »

The book "ATLANTIS REVEALED BY MEDIEVAL AND NASA OCEAN FLOOR MAPS & ANCIENT MYTHOLOGY" by Riaan Booysen explores Plato's description of Atlantis using ancient maps and delves into various myths and beliefs, including those of different tribes and Egyptian mythology. It supports its content with images and maps, providing an in-depth exploration. Thank you for a great review.
To hate is an easy lazy thing, but to love takes strength everyone has, but not all are willing to practice
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 1018
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: The Dark and Lonely Road by Sean Gates

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

Atlantis has always fascinated me. It would be interesting to know more about the legendary city.

Thank you for the great review.
Paul Great Grace
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul-great-grace.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink
2024 Reading Goal: 70
2024 Goal Completion: 37%

Post by Paul Great Grace »

This book takes readers through different tribes' histories and beliefs. Some tribes believe only their beliefs are right. How can they be so certain? I recommend this book, congrats on BOTD!
Ram Uday Mahajan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-uday-mahajan.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Ram Uday Mahajan »

This review provides a thorough and engaging summary of "Atlantis Revealed" by Riaan Booysen. The reviewer's appreciation for the author's research, clarity, and respectful approach to differing beliefs is evident. Their enthusiasm for the topic, particularly the inclusion of maps, adds depth to their recommendation for a wide audience.
Osakwe Favour
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-favour.html
Latest Review: Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

Post by Osakwe Favour »

I really enjoyed reading this review and I believe reading the book “Atlantis Revealed” will reveal more. I would love to know more about the relationship between the Great Flood and how it relates to Atlantis going under. I love reading about ancient histories.
Deborah Belanger
Currently Reading: The Bulletproof Missionary
Bookshelf Size: 231
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Deborah Belanger »

Thank you for your well informed review on ATLANTIS REVEALED BY MEDIEVAL AND NASA OCEAN FLOOR MAPS & ANCIENT MYTHOLOGY by Riaan Booysen. This is a book that tries to prove Plato's description of Atlantis using ancient maps. Furthermore, it takes readers through history and beliefs of different tribes. Riaan Booysen references his previous works, Thera and the Exodus and Barbelo, and uses Christianity to show truths, such as the Great Flood possibly being the reason for Atlantis going under the ocean. The book is written like a textbook, with 20 chapters, a conclusion, bibliography, and reference. I love mythology and Atlantis and with this book being temporarily free on Amazon, I definitely put it on my shelf to read. Congratulations to the author for BOTD.

:tiphat:

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”