Review of The 10 Minute Budget

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Merits Anih
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-merits-anih.html
Latest Review: The Newton Code by Liam Fialkov

Review of The 10 Minute Budget

Post by Merits Anih »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The 10 Minute Budget" by David C Lewis.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Rather than empowering individuals with the knowledge and skills to independently navigate their finances, mainstream financial advisors often adopt a prescriptive approach. The 10-Minute Budget: The Fastest, Simplest, And Most Effective Way To Manage Your Money Without Personal Sacrifice, Guilt, Or Shame by David C. Lewis made me understand that I do not need financial gurus or experts to guide me, but I need a different perspective based on the author's research and personal experiences. The author first discovered the idea of the "10-Minute Budget" when he was 18. After explaining what this 10-minute budgeting is, the author gave the step-by-step procedure for readers to create their own "10-Minute Budget" and how to manage their budgets in 10 minutes.

The author has created a custom budgeting template and shared a link where we can get it. I really appreciated this. This book demystifies the complexity of budgeting and account reconciliation, bridging the gap between bank statement cycles and business operations. In this book, you will learn the importance of being a value creator. I love that the author took time to explain things such as credit, money, time, mysticism, neocheating, time value of money, level premium findings, budget, etc., just to get the readers familiar with the terms he was using. I also love that the author always shared stories, like his story about piano-playing skills and the one about how his dad was cautious about money. The images shared to illustrate the budgets were also helpful, and I appreciate them.

The book's innovative approach empowers you to seize control over your finances without the need for meticulous micromanagement or invasive monitoring of every penny spent. Gone are the days of sacrificing and compromising. This book introduces you to a new path in budgeting. The book also came out a bit philosophical, motivational, and psychological, and I loved it. Another aspect of the book I loved was the part about communicating with your spouse about money. This is very important, and I appreciate the author's insights. I also learned the role religion had to play in all of this. Reading this book, it was obvious that it was well-researched, and I give the author accolades for the nice work done.

This is a valuable book, and I encourage every adult to get a copy of it. I particularly recommend this book to those who know they need help understanding finances. The author took time to explain budgeting methods that don't work, such as "the envelope method." It was eye-opening reading it, and I learned a lot. I disliked nothing about it, and it was professionally edited. I gladly rate it 5 out of 5 stars.

The 10 Minute Budget
View: on Bookshelves
Kristin Cowan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristin-cowan.html
Latest Review: Path to the Priestess Temple by Dianne Adel

Post by Kristin Cowan »

Sounds like everyone could use this book!
Taiwo Hakeem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taiwo-hakeem.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Taiwo Hakeem »

Background knowledge of finance and accounting and important to have
Biswajit Barman 1
Bookshelf Size: 0
2024 Reading Goal: 91
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Biswajit Barman 1 »

"The 10-Minute Budget: The Fastest, Simplest, And Most Effective Way To Manage Your Money Without Personal Sacrifice, Guilt, Or Shame" by David C. Lewis is a game-changing approach to personal finance that empowers individuals to take control of their financial futures. Through a blend of research, personal anecdotes, and practical advice, Lewis demystifies budgeting and offers readers a simplified yet effective method for managing.
Olivier Muhammad
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olivier-muhammad.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Olivier Muhammad »

Well, based on this review, it seems like "The 10-Minute Budget" by David C. Lewis is a highly recommended read. The reviewer found the book informative, well-researched, and appreciated the author's step-by-step approach to budgeting. They also mentioned the book's philosophical and motivational aspects. Overall, it appears to be a valuable resource for anyone looking to improve their financial management skills. Heartfelt emotions, resonated with me deeply.
Joshua Sawders
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshua-sawders.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Joshua Sawders »

This review of "The 10-Minute Budget" by David C. Lewis is glowing and highly positive. The reviewer commends the book for its innovative approach to budgeting and empowering individuals to take control of their finances. They appreciate the step-by-step procedure provided by the author to create a "10-Minute Budget" and the helpful resources like the custom budgeting template. The philosophical, motivational, and psychological aspects of the book are also praised. Overall, the reviewer highly recommends this book to anyone looking for guidance in understanding and managing their finances. Intriguing mystery, kept me guessing until the end.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”