Review of Around the World in 80 Ways

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Pranav Dewangan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The Road To Weight Loss by Oliver James

Review of Around the World in 80 Ways

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Around the World in 80 Ways" by Jan Yager.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Who wouldn't travel the world if given the opportunity? It's hard to imagine a lifestyle that could allow us to make this dream possible, as we see in travel blogs and vlogs. Hence, we generally postpone traveling until we are old and rich. However, traveling only when you are old is not fun and makes no sense. In our old age, we lack the physical capabilities necessary for traveling abroad. But when we are young, we can explore the world even when we don't have enough money. Jan Yager's Around the World in 80 Ways is a comprehensive guide that covers every essential topic required to realize the dream of world travel. 

This book starts by exploring the reasons why you should travel the world. Then, it covers 80 different ways to work and travel around the world, both free and paid. Then it also covers practical considerations like whether to travel alone or in a group, staying connected where you travel, as well as various key matters like health and safety concerns. 

What I liked about the book was the relevance of this topic in this era. Everybody craves freedom from their mundane jobs and daily routines in order to explore new things and travel. This book offers the opportunity to learn about all of the possible options in one place. The book also contains real stories and verbatim dialogues about people who travel the world while working. It also contains a Q&A with some experts about their journey and the benefits they found from living this lifestyle. I also loved how she shared that the best part of traveling is about people, not places. When you travel alone, you make a lot of new friends and get to meet amazing people. And when you travel with your family, you get to spend a lot of quality time with them that you would not get otherwise in a busy life. The editing of the book was also good, with a few minor errors.

There is one thing I disliked about the book. Out of the 80 options that the book provides, I found some that were not practical at all. One of the options discussed is joining the military. I understand that the author is trying to cover every possible option here. But if one decides to join the military, it should be with the intention of serving the country, not because of a passion for traveling. Otherwise, I have no further complaints. 

Despite this, I would still rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. The drawback that I have mentioned does not warrant a lower rating. I would recommend this book to people who love to travel but have not figured out a way to do so. Whatever your age, this book provides value to everyone and helps you figure out how to make your traveling dreams come true.

Around the World in 80 Ways
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Olivier Muhammad
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olivier-muhammad.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Olivier Muhammad »

Hey y'all! After reading this review, I reckon that "Around the World in 80 Ways" by Jan Yager appears to be a mighty good read for folks who wanna travel on a budget. It covers a bunch of ways to work and travel, and even talks about the importance of people over places. Although there's a small drawback with a few impractical options, overall, this book seems like a 5-star gem for anyone dreamin' of exploring the world. So grab a copy and start plannin' your adventure! Absorbing narrative, lost myself in the story completely.
Joshua Sawders
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshua-sawders.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Joshua Sawders »

Hey there! Based on the review, it seems like "Around the World in 80 Ways" is a fantastic book for those who have a passion for travel. It covers a wide range of topics, including different ways to work and travel, practical considerations, and stories from real travelers. The reviewer particularly enjoyed the relevance of the book and the insight that the best part of traveling is the people you meet. Although there were a few impractical options mentioned, it didn't hinder their overall positive rating. So if you're someone who loves exploring new places and hasn't quite figured out how to make it happen, this book might be a great read for you! Unforgettable characters, left a lasting impression.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”