Review of ORAL

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: Unleashing the Power of Likability and Charisma by Perry L. Davidson

Review of ORAL

Post by Mutai Marshal »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "ORAL" by Jessica Lederhausen.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Did you know that studies have shown that oral health is a determinant of the health of an individual? Studies show that our 'oral microbiome' is connected to a wide range of health conditions, including but not limited to diabetes, heart disease, dementia and others. When I read that in the book's foreword, I was immediately hooked. They don't tell you this even in medical school! It is no surprise that Jessica has chosen to write a book focusing on oral health. Poor oral hygiene poses significant risks that slowly eat away from the inside. Oral health is more than brushing your teeth twice a day. It involves four pillars namely; our diet, sleep, breathing and movement (exercise). To know how these pillars work together to give you the ultimate oral health, pick up Oral by Jessica Ledehausen, and you will not be disappointed.

Jessica is a dentist with a master's degree in public health. She is also a certified life coach. These credentials give authenticity to her book as it comes from a person who understands what they are talking about. Even with the disclaimer that the book is not to be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis, it is a good place to start learning about oral health.
What struck me the most about oral health is that there are infections that can stem from the mouth. The microbiome in the mouth has the potential to cause ill health. This comes at a time when I have been struggling with cavities. It was eye-opening to note that my sleeping pattern also affects oral health in one way or another.

I loved that the author included scientific research and referenced her sources at the end of the book. Before finishing the book, I was worried that there were no references to back up her claims. I was glad when I saw them at the end of the book.

There was nothing I did not like about this book. The bonus recipes at the end of the book were a nice touch to an amazing book. The book was exceptionally edited. I did not spot a single error. These reasons made me give the book 5 out of 5 stars. I recommend this book to medical students as it can be a helpful addition to their studies. I also recommend the book to anyone interested in knowing more about the four pillars and how they affect oral health. 

ORAL
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Olivier Muhammad
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olivier-muhammad.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Olivier Muhammad »

This review highlights the importance of oral health and its connection to overall well-being. The author praises Jessica Ledehausen's book "Oral" for its informative content, scientific references, and practical advice. With credentials as a dentist and life coach, the author finds the book credible and recommends it to medical students and anyone interested in understanding the four pillars of oral health. The bonus recipes at the end add value to the already excellent book. Atmospheric tension, kept me hooked throughout.
Joshua Sawders
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Joshua Sawders »

Based on this review, it seems like "Oral" by Jessica Ledehausen is a well-researched and informative book on oral health. The author's credentials as a dentist and master's in public health provide authenticity to the content. The inclusion of scientific research and references adds credibility to the book. The reviewer found the book exceptional, giving it a 5 out of 5 stars rating. They recommend it to medical students and anyone interested in understanding the four pillars of oral health. Overall, it appears to be a good read for those seeking knowledge on oral health. Captivating pacing, kept the story moving briskly.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”