Review of Atlantis Revealed

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alissa Deann Devargas
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: Looking Back On Tomorrow by Mitch Engel

Re: Review of Atlantis Revealed

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

This book sounds like something I can read to gain historical knowledge. I've heard about Atlantis before. I've even watched it in a Greek movie, so I know a little about them. I don't mind reading about them and other Egypt mythologies in the book.
Gayatri Tripathi
Favorite Book: E M P Honeymoon
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gayatri-tripathi.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 13%

Post by Gayatri Tripathi »

I enjoyed reading your detailed review of "ATLANTIS REVEALED BY MEDIEVAL AND NASA OCEAN FLOOR MAPS & ANCIENT MYTHOLOGY" by Riaan Booysen. It sounds like Booysen presents a compelling case for his theories, drawing from a diverse range of sources including ancient mythology, historical maps, and biblical scriptures. It's fascinating how he weaves together different threads of evidence to support his arguments about Atlantis and its potential connections to biblical stories and natural phenomena like the Great Flood.

The fact that Booysen respects people's beliefs despite his own doubts is commendable, and it's good to hear that the book is well-edited and accessible despite its scholarly content. Your recommendation for researchers, historians, and geographers underscores the interdisciplinary nature of Booysen's work.

Thanks for sharing your insights—I'm intrigued to delve into this book myself now!
Kshitija Sonawane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kshitija-sonawane.html
Latest Review: The Cannoli Caper by Jeff V Erickson
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 37%

Post by Kshitija Sonawane »

We always talk about Atlantis and how it sank, never to be found again. However, we never once thought about finding it on available land. The author puts forth an interesting perspective. Congratulations on BOTD, and best wishes for future projects.
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this seems like an interesting book focusing on attempting to prove the existence of the city of Atlantis utilizing ancient maps and texts. It might be worth a second look. Well done.
Seamstress
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85

Post by Seamstress »

Sounds very useful educational wise and interesting from cultural and historical points of view. I believe every child at some moment was fascinated by mythology and many carried this interest growing up as well, so with gratitude I accept your gift and congratulate with BOTD!
Linnet Njihia
Currently Reading: The Three Card Trick
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Linnet Njihia »

I have never been to Atlantis but this review already gives me imagery of Atlantis. I also like the book's title Atlantis Revealed, this already sounds like a revelation of Atlantis and I can't wait to read and know more about this place.
Jennifer Coxon
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

This is an interesting book in the style of a text book exploring the myths of Atlantis using legends, cartography and science. I did enjoy this, but found I tuned out after multiple maps from different periods. Great for those with a stronger interest.
Omneya Shakeep
Favorite Book: Catching Genesis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omneya-shakeep.html
Latest Review: The Aspen Tree by Bart LaRocca

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

Maps have always intrigued me, I like to observe the small details. The idea of presenting ancient maps and comparing them to the new ones is fascinating. I'm curious about the extent of the Great Flood's impact on the development of the new world.
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
Mayang Bature
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 303
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: How To Last Many Hours In Sex by Les Rico

Post by Mayang Bature »

There's a feeling of exciting mystery and suspense that comes with mythical stories. The unveiling of some thoughts that are backed by facts keeps one wondering if it could actually be true. Surely there's more to this world than meets the eye. Congrats to the author on botd!
As long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will always exist.

~Uchiha M.
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 214
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

I’m looking forward to digging into this book to know the author’s research about Plato’s description of Atlantis and the stories about the beliefs of different tribes. I also like reading books with visual images.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Severed Roots
Bookshelf Size: 1024
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I am glad that Mr. Boysen can research his beliefs. His doubts have led him to conclude things that others might disagree with, but that’s OK. Congratulations on BOTD!
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1931
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Atlantis Revealed by Medieval and NASA Ocean Floor Maps and Ancient Mythology' by Riaan Booysen provides the readers with enriching and complete information about the non-fiction book. It relates valuable information about the author. The point that the book tries to prove Plato's description of the continent Atlantis using ancient maps is worth mentioning in the review. Readers go through Egyptian mythology and learn more about characters such as Serpents, Osiris, Isis, and Ra. They learn about the history and beliefs of different tribes. Also, as mentioned in the review, the author supports his write-ups with various images, maps, and pictures relating to the various topics. Learning that the book contains stories from the Bible and is well-researched was great!
Azi Joseph
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azi-joseph.html
Latest Review: Living a Life in Balance by Abdullah Boulad

Post by Azi Joseph »

That was a thorough and an informative review. The book looks interesting with discoveries, maps and mysteries. Good job.congratulations on being book of the day
ILeah Lathrop
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ileah-lathrop.html
Latest Review: Like a Lily Among the Thorns by Karen S. Bell

Post by ILeah Lathrop »

I have always been fascinated by Atlantis. I would love to read this author's, ideas and conjecture on if it exists, and what happened to it.
Ukaegbu Confidence
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Balkan Air by Aydin Kavara
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 11%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

The book ATLANTIS REVEALED BY MEDIEVAL AND NASA OCEAN FLOOR MAPS & ANCIENT MYTHOLOGY by Riaan Booysen appears to contain so much evidence and historical proof of Atlantis I'm starting to think it is not just a myth. Congratulations on BOTD.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”