Review of Herbal Healing Remedies

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Precious_Nzeakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-amarachi-nzeakor.html
Latest Review: Thinking About Becoming A Developer? by Ted Ihde

Review of Herbal Healing Remedies

Post by Precious_Nzeakor »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Herbal Healing Remedies" by Rosemary Shaw.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sleep deprivation affects an individual's quality of life and is associated with many health issues. On the surface, sleeping aids can seem like the best solution for insomnia; however, these drugs come with unpleasant side effects. With the help of this book, you will find many proven herbal remedies that will help you drift into a restful and nourishing slumber.

Herbal Healing Remedies by Rosemary Shaw is a valuable book filled with interesting and beneficial information about herbal medicine. With a captivating introduction to the history and benefits of herbs, the author dives into the reasons natural remedies should be preferred over pharmaceutical medication. She explains the underlying causes of insomnia and explores different lifestyle modifications that will help you get the quality sleep you deserve. Further into this book, you will discover many herbs, the ailments they treat, how they are used, and herbal tea recipes that naturally induce feelings of calmness and boost relaxation. What better way to learn about some healing herbs and their preparations than from an herbalist who has been working with natural treatments for 30 long years? Start your own herbal journey with the help of Rosemary Shaw by grabbing a copy of this book.

This book has many positive aspects. I did not discover many errors while reading this book; this proves that it was professionally edited. The author's writing style is effortless to understand, well organized, and thorough. The cautions on some popular herbs were my favorite parts of this book. For instance, I learnt that nutmeg should not be excessively taken. Most people detest herbal remedies because of how bitter some taste. However, this book shows that unpleasant herbs do not have to be endured in most cases. They can be mixed with one or more pleasant ones to give a better taste and scent. Even though modern drugs are more standardized than natural remedies, the latter is much safer if taken under the guidance of a trained herbalist. With that being said, the author highlights numerous herbs for common ailments such as asthma, digestive problems, skin conditions, menopausal symptoms, and premenstrual syndrome, among others. If you are interested in knowing how big the herbal medicine industry is, the description of some herbs, their origin, active constituents, and benefits, this is the perfect book for you. The author also detailedly provided the percentage of people that rely on herbs and the benefits of herbal bedtime teas.

Furthermore, this book details the effects of sleep deprivation, good sleep habits and tips, side effects of sleeping pills, types and stages of sleep, relaxation techniques, and the reasons for insomnia. I enjoyed participating in the breathing exercises and relaxing techniques that the author explained, which turned out to be very relieving. Every detail in this book makes it important to have a copy with you at all times.

This book does not have any downsides. It is not only a book for advanced herbalists but a must-read for beginners. It lists all the essential herbs, how to use them, and why you would use them. For the reasons mentioned above, I rate this book four out of four stars. If you have difficulty sleeping or are interested in making herbal remedies, I highly recommend this book to you.

Herbal Healing Remedies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
ThankGod Onyishi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thankgod-onyishi.html
Latest Review: The Blood of My Mother by Roccie Hill

Post by ThankGod Onyishi »

I just finished reading a review on another book before reading this. It appears to be my spirit pushing me to read these books as they are both informative on herbs and herbal remedies. Thank you for this review.
third agbata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-third-agbata.html
Latest Review: The Ant Called Tiny by Miles Phillip Lewis

Post by third agbata »

I really love this book's storyline. The first thing that intrigued me to this book was the book cover. Your review was well detailed and without spoilers, and it gave me more insight on the book's storyline. Thanks for the great review.
Marcia Findlay 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Marcia Findlay 1 »

I honestly think this book has some very valuable natural remedies that can solve a lot of problems facing people in society, its educative and informative the way the author combines herbs and spices to make remedies for such illnesses
Sarah tianna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-tianna.html
Latest Review: Reverse Chronic Kidney Disease by Yaw A. Boateng

Post by Sarah tianna »

Based on the review, I can conclude this book is absolutely fascinating and engaging. I look forward to reading this amazing book. Thanks for a mindblowing review.
FunkyFlowerLady
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

This a very relevant topic in these trying times. It seems easy to understand as well, I'll give it a read. Thank you for this amazing review!
Ignesta Ignetius
Currently Reading: A Dream for Peace
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ignesta-ignetius.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Ignesta Ignetius »

I've always believed that herbs are a better alternative for treating ailments, your review just spiked my interest in reading this book.
Joshua Sawders
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshua-sawders.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Joshua Sawders »

This review provides a thorough and positive assessment of the book "Herbal Healing Remedies" by Rosemary Shaw. The author praises the well-organized and easy-to-understand writing style, as well as the comprehensive information on herbal medicine. The review highlights the book's focus on natural remedies for insomnia and the inclusion of herbal tea recipes. It also mentions the book's cautions on certain herbs and the importance of consulting a trained herbalist. The reviewer appreciates the book's emphasis on safe and effective herbal treatments for various ailments. Overall, the review recommends the book as a valuable resource for both beginners and advanced herbalists. Heartfelt resolutions, left me feeling deeply satisfied.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”