Review of Your Power to Change

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Review of Your Power to Change

Post by Okafor Prosper »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Your Power to Change" by Kyle C Becker.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A lot of us want to make changes in different aspects of our lives, regardless of the magnitude of the change, from our attitudes and fears to our decision-making and finances. Everything you need to make any change is within you. Straight from the first few words in Your Power to Change, Kyle C. Becker reiterates this. "Life doesn’t give us what we want. It gives us what we are. If we want our lives to change, we have to change ourselves. If we want something different, then we must be different. If we want more, we must first become more." - Page 2. In this book, Kyle C. Becker presents a detailed program to help readers understand and take full control of the power to change their lives.

I must applaud the author for presenting a comprehensive guide that not only touches on all aspects of changing that I am accustomed to but also introduces new techniques that I found intriguing and eager to apply. The author introduces "Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)" as the central principle that ties the bulk of this program together while he encourages us and shows us how to develop the key skill of manipulating our memories through our visual, auditory, and kinesthetic senses.

The standout aspect of this guide revolves around its exercise-heavy nature that promotes maximum reader participation, which is in line with my initial statement of the power to change being in the reader's hands. The author includes numerous relevant worksheets and detailed processes that follow each chapter. Some readers may find the number of exercises overwhelming, but they are not to be rushed through. Taking your time to work through them repeatedly will give you the best learning experience possible.

The book's overall organization, coupled with the author's expert ability to employ simple language and lists, is also noteworthy. For something as complicated as intentionally reaching into your subconscious mind to increase and decrease the intensity of memories to exert change, the author does extremely well to make it as straightforward as possible to apply. Employing a few personal stories also exposed me to the significance and effectiveness of the methods discussed, from the author detailing his fears, sufferings through his failed marriage, his misuse of drugs and alcohol, and his guilt from his grandfather's death to finding his true purpose.

It sounds easy or cliché to tell someone that the power to change what they don't like is in their hands, but we all know how difficult it can be to break habits and unwanted but deep-rooted beliefs. While applying the contents of this book is not a walk in the park and requires practice to master, I strongly believe that these methods are effective, as I have started applying some of them, and my eyes have been opened to certain things I never considered initially. Some of these things included the key questions to handle fear, replacing unwanted beliefs with new wanted beliefs, the significance of the future self-meditation, and timeline elicitation, cleansing, and reimprinting.

Your Power to Change is an exceptionally well-edited book since I did not find any errors while reading it. I cannot point out any part of the book I dislike as well. Therefore, the maximum rating of four out of four stars is in order. Readers looking to change any aspect of their lives will greatly benefit from reading this book, and I recommend it to them.

Your Power to Change
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sarah C McHum
Favorite Book: Do I Need a Will or a Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-c-mchum.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro

Post by Sarah C McHum »

I always like to read self-develooment book that encourage me to be better person. Reading your review about the book make me curious to read it. I do agree with the book when you mentioned that "the power of changing what we don't like is in our hands," and we also have to challenge ourselves to step. Can't wait to read ut myself. Thanks for your review!
Pearl Thomas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-thomas.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Pearl Thomas »

I have been actively trying to have a more positive outlook in life and be more active, which has become even harder since the pandemic hit us. I think this book will be a good read. Lovely review.
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

A self-book has always been my go-to book to read and to inculcate its teachings in my daily life. This book is one of those books that can empower anyone to change the way they think, resulting in better results. Will definitely give it a read. Thank you!
Yukselen
Currently Reading: Chameleons
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Yukselen »

i see myself reading this book as i am going throug this big change in life.
will without any doubt read!
Recee Ann
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-recee-ann.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Recee Ann »

Yukselen wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 11:04 i see myself reading this book as i am going throug this big change in life.
will without any doubt read!
I totally agree with you @Yukselen
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

Change is constant and I think everyone has to change one thing or the other about their selves, this book would be of great help, nice review.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

This book is very inspirational and very helpful.
Truly, life gives us what we work for, not what we request for. To get to a particular position, we must change our mindset, personality and behavior. Thank you for the review
Beauty Kalu22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-segunjohn.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Beauty Kalu22 »

Thank you for a well detailed and honest review. I've always loved non fiction books and this sounds like one I'll definitely love to have for myself.
Joshua Sawders
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Joshua Sawders »

Based on the review above, it seems that "Your Power to Change" is a highly recommended book for anyone looking to make positive changes in their life. The author presents a comprehensive program that covers various aspects of change, including Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP). The book is well-organized and includes exercises and worksheets for reader participation. The author's personal stories make the methods discussed relatable and effective. Overall, it appears to be a good read for those seeking to transform their lives. Heartwarming story, filled with love and warmth.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”