Review of Swallows Also Fall

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Merits Anih
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-merits-anih.html
Latest Review: The Newton Code by Liam Fialkov

Re: Review of Swallows Also Fall

Post by Merits Anih »

In "Swallows Also Fall," CR Armeny has crafted a remarkable historical novel that shines a much-needed light on the life and exploits of Marcelino Massana, a pivotal figure during the Spanish Civil War era.
Victoria Ukamaka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: Totem by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

With meticulous research and a keen eye for detail, Armeny weaves a captivating narrative that transports readers to a time of great turmoil and resistance against oppressive forces.
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

Thank you for sharing your insightful review of "Swallows Also Fall" by CR Armeny. It's fascinating to learn about Marcelino Massana and his experiences during a significant and tumultuous period in history. The author's dedication to filling in the gaps of Marceli's life, despite the limited available information, is commendable. It's understandable that their personal connection to Marceli's foster family adds passion to their storytelling.
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

Thank you for sharing your insightful review of "Swallows Also Fall" by CR Armeny. It's fascinating to learn about Marcelino Massana and his experiences during a significant and tumultuous period in history. The author's dedication to filling in the gaps of Marceli's life, despite the limited available information, is commendable. It's understandable that their personal connection to Marceli's foster family adds passion to their storytelling.
Osakwe Favour
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-favour.html
Latest Review: Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

Post by Osakwe Favour »

I have never heard of Marcelino Massana before or his role in history but having come across this book, I would definitely want to read it to find out about more him. This is a good review!
Do Thi Huong
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-do-thi-huong.html
Latest Review: The Fight for Sleep by Thad R Harshbarger

Post by Do Thi Huong »

The writing seems confusing due to the shifts in points of view, which might challenge some readers. I think this book will likely appeal to fans of historical biographies, especially those interested in learning about lesser-known figures and their lives.
Salome Ogani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: The Bear with No Hair and the Mystery of the Stolen Fur Coat by Michelle Renee Avis

Post by Salome Ogani »

Despite the limited information available on Massana's early life, the author's personal connection to his foster family lends an authentic and passionate voice to the story, making it a compelling and emotionally resonant read.
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 199
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Self Love : Journal Your Journey by Natalie Bears

Post by Gerry Steen »

I would like to read about this resistance fighter who opposed Franco and formed the Maquis. I want to learn about the Spanish Civil war. This book seems like a good place to start. Nice review! :techie-studyinggray:
Suvankar Das 1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suvankar-das-1.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature, second edition by Chet Shupe

Post by Suvankar Das 1 »

"Swallows Also Fall" sounds like a captivating historical fiction novel, offering a unique perspective on the Spanish Civil War and the Catalonian resistance movement. The perfect 5-star rating from two Official Onlinebookclub Reviewers speaks volumes about its quality and emotional depth. Thanks for sharing this intriguing recommendation!
Jenn Seguinte Deguzman
Currently Reading: The Mango Bride
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-deguzman.html
Latest Review: Nimue: Freeing Merlin (Barnes & Noble Edition) by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Jenn Seguinte Deguzman »

Thank you for your review. I usually like historical fictions but it's mainly in the Tudor era. I started venturing to other historical fictions so maybe I'll take a look at this one another time.
rusyalana
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 156

Post by rusyalana »

Historical books are not my cup of tea but the book sounds interesting. It tell a story of a person who has made his contribution and left hist mark in the history of Spain. Congratulations on becoming BOTD!
Jenna Padayachee
Currently Reading: The Kybalion
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenna-padayachee.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Signature Addition: Jenna Padayachee

Post by Jenna Padayachee »

Thank you for a great and informative review!
I like the gap CR Armeny attempts to fill through this book.
This is a wonderful gesture from someone "related to Marceli's foster family.
Clearly, this is a passion-driven project that involved a lot of effort in acquiring untainted information about Marcelino Massana. This story sounds well worth the read simply for this reason, as we live in a time where we are more fortunate to identify oppression and cases of propaganda that exist on a daily basis ( in some cases, we obtain justice in real-time) due to us living in the information age ( although sometimes we still drown in distortion and overload).
Congratulations to the author. I will add this to my online shelf for later reading.
"Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power." Lao Tzu
Jenna Padayachee
Rupali Mishra
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rupali-mishra.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Rupali Mishra »

Congrats on BOTD!
CR Armeny's "Swallows Also Fall" sheds light on Marcelino Massana's hidden life during the Spanish Civil War and the Spanish Flu. For those who enjoy history, Armeny's story delves deeply, fusing firsthand accounts with historical scholarship to give a compelling portrait that transcends the tarnished stereotype of a "terrorist."
Rose Nafula Oketch
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-nafula-oketch.html
Latest Review: Essential Gut Health for Women Over 50 by JL Service

Post by Rose Nafula Oketch »

I'm green on the Spanish Civil War topic, and I would love to know something about it and Marceli's relation to it from the book. Good review.
Jorge Leon Salazar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jorge-leon-salazar.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Jorge Leon Salazar »

I don't know who Marcelino Massana was, but it seems interesting to know different insights regarding events such as Franco's dictatorship and the Spanish civil war. Sounds intriguing!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”