Review of Winning at Leading Women In Leadership

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1939
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Review of Winning at Leading Women In Leadership

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Winning at Leading: Women in Leadership' by Ronica Watkins has a thought-provoking introduction. It highlights the best parts of the non-fiction book. Readers would learn that leadership isn't a destination. It's a journey related to growth, adaptation, and self-discovery. The point that the concept of the book's leadership approach is based on a humane and collaborative approach is worth mentioning in the review. Also, as mentioned in the review, the author often emphasizes narratives of mentorship, advocacy, and women supporting women in her book. I like the advice offered to potential readers in the review!
Cristiano Bellucci
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 620%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

Thank you for your fantastic review. Female perspective on such themes is always interesting. I am glad that the author supports other female and the book has explanatory examples.
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Trindade Carvalho
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trindade-carvalho.html
Latest Review: The Glorious Beast! by Scott L.Chally

Post by Trindade Carvalho »

Your analysis is excellent. You present the purpose of the book singularly, besides you can transmit the main points of the reading to arouse the curiosity to read it.
LUYANDA MAZIBUKO 3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luyanda-mazibuko-3.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by LUYANDA MAZIBUKO 3 »

The review is very informative, makes me want to read the book. I like how you included your personal experiences with it and how it made you feel, overall it is a great review.
Do Thi Huong
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-do-thi-huong.html
Latest Review: The Fight for Sleep by Thad R Harshbarger

Post by Do Thi Huong »

"Healthy leadership is about bringing everyone along to develop and become the best versions of themselves." I totally agree with this point of view. It seems like a good read for anyone who wants to learn more about the role of leadership. On the downside, repetition is an issue I've found in many nonfiction and self-help books, and it seems present here as well.
João Ramos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jo-o-ramos.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by João Ramos »

The market for books about women in leadership positions will take a long time to become saturated. The more examples of successful women, the better. Great review, Tomy. You rock.
Julie Basil
Favorite Book: The Little Prince
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-basil.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Julie Basil »

I appreciated reading another one of your thoughtful reviews. I understand your reasoning for deducting a star and think that I will pass on reading this book because I struggle to finish books that become overly repetitive.
"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what's essential is invisible to the eye." ~ Antoine St. Exupery
Charmaine Mahlangu
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: The hyena stare
Bookshelf Size: 80
2024 Reading Goal: 500
2024 Goal Completion: 14%

Post by Charmaine Mahlangu »

This is an interesting review . It gives us an insight of your perspective and what you have learnt from the book and that makes it more interesting. This is definitely the kind of book I would read to prepare me for my male dominated career path. I'm so interested.
Elizabeth-Tush4Christ
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-tush4christ.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 53%

Post by Elizabeth-Tush4Christ »

"Winning at Leading: Women in Leadership" by Ronica Watkins has a great title that prepares the reader's mind to learn. I appreciate that it is written by a woman and dedicated to women in leadership. This book is a great boost for women all over the world who can get their hands on it. While women can succeed without such books, this one can increase their confidence and inspire other authors to share their thoughts on leadership.

In the late 90s, the world was often described as a man's world. I appreciate that the narrative is changing in the 2020s and that people are becoming more enlightened. This progress has been a long time coming, and I am rooting for women all over the world. Thank you for pointing out the pros and cons of this book and presenting an unbiased view. I will be adding this to my shelf.
That I may know Him :arrow: Philippians 3:10
Tomi Ahmed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomi-ahmed.html
Latest Review: A Killer Within by Rosemarie B. Smith
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 35
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Tomi Ahmed »

It's wonderful to see the appreciation for books by women and the unique perspectives they bring to leadership narratives. "Winning at Leading: Women in Leadership" by Ronica Watkins seems to offer a refreshing take on leadership, emphasizing egalitarian and humanistic approaches. The importance of advocating for each other, mentoring, and striving for equal rights shines through in the review. The collective effort to create a better environment for women is highlighted as a shared journey towards positive change. The book's focus on mentorship and collaborative leadership is indeed commendable, making it a valuable read for those interested in empowering women in leadership roles.
Tomi Ahmed
Risper Ouma Anyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-anyango.html
Latest Review: Are You Love Smart or Love Stupid by Dr. Rachel Sims

Post by Risper Ouma Anyango »

I agree with you that leadership is a journey, and it takes a lot to be a leader. You can't just wake up and call yourself a leader; you must have some experiences that have shaped you to be one. I enjoyed your review.
Jenna Padayachee
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Kybalion
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenna-padayachee.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Signature Addition: Jenna Padayachee

Post by Jenna Padayachee »

I am not always pro " woman leadership " or " male leadership ". I believe that such terms detract from leadership as a whole , which, in my view and also experience, I believe requires both energies for an optimum output.
However, upon reading your review, I picked up on," The author conveys that leadership isn't a destination; it's a journey related to growth, adaptation, and self-discovery..." this concept wins my interest in terms of the perspective Ronica Watkins, PHD, offers in this book.
Congratulations to the author!
"Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power." Lao Tzu
Jenna Padayachee

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”