Review of Everything's Still Okay

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 349
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Review of Everything's Still Okay

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Everything's Still Okay" by Alesia Shute.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Sometimes in life, we face hard decisions. No one can ever know the ultimate right or wrong choice. People try their best and have to live with the consequences of their actions. Our writer here faced a surprising pregnancy a few months after giving birth to her first son. After surviving cancer at a young age and going through an overwhelming pregnancy and delivery, she found herself under a lot of pressure. She wondered what to do. She eventually decided she wouldn't be able to continue with the pregnancy and decided to terminate it. She considered this a very personal matter and didn't discuss it with anyone besides her husband for so many years.

Everything's Still Okay by Alesia Shute tells the story of how this woman went through her life and faced some serious challenges. It shows how she perceived them and how she handled the consequences. We will see abortion through the eyes of a woman who had to make this decision and how she believes politicians have no say in it.

I admire the strength and courage of the writer. Her positive attitude towards the hardships she had to face in life is really impressive. She tells her story from a place of strength, not from a victim's mindset. Anyone who might have to go through all of these trips to the hospital and undergo all these medical procedures would have the right to be angry. This isn't the case here. I could sense grace in the writer's words in addition to acceptance. She just did what she had to do and moved on with her life.

I didn't find anything to dislike about the book. It might be triggering for some people who may have sensitivities towards abortion, cancer, or sickness. However, it can be an opportunity for someone to feel like they're not alone. The way the writer expressed that she didn't go through feelings of shame because of what happened is inspiring. She made the right choice for herself and her family. There's nothing wrong with hanging on to your life.

The book received exceptional editing. I didn't notice any errors or mistakes. The writing style was smooth and kept me going. The writer shared her experience sincerely and courageously, which can touch your heart. Therefore, I rate Everything's Still Okay by Alesia Shute five out of five stars. I recommend the book to everyone who likes to read about personal journeys and overcoming hardships. You just need to watch out for the triggers I mentioned before.

Everything's Still Okay
View: on Bookshelves
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 382
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: The Emotional Alchemy of Healing by Rachel Marie Rabatin
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

This sounds so moving. The author has been through a lot. I can't imagine the pain of being in her situation. Thanks for your heartfelt review!
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
angieturnsthepages
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by angieturnsthepages »

Thank you for sharing such an informative and thoughtful review! This sounds like a very touching book!
Sandre Lamar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandre-lamar.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Sandre Lamar »

I appreciated the diverse representation in this novel.
Areena David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Areena David »

The right of a woman to have an abortion is a personal decision, especially when facing health issues. We must express our sympathy and understanding for the difficulties she encounters in these situations. It is crucial that we do not interfere with her decisions because we have not experienced the challenges she faces.
I would like to commend the courage of the writer who addressed the sensitive issue of abortion with candor and humanity. The writer used their pen to shed light on this sensitive topic with bravery and honesty, reflecting their deep understanding of the challenges faced by women in such situations.
Charmaine Mahlangu
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: Save the Last Bullet for God
Bookshelf Size: 95
2024 Reading Goal: 500
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Charmaine Mahlangu »

Oh how I love this review . I just tried downloading the book but it's not on kindle so I'll make another plan. This review made my day ,actually just when you think your going through so much and then a woman who has been through worse empowers you through a book . I love this . It was enlightening going through it . I'll find a way to get hold of the book. I'm thoroughly interested.
Be yourself and nothing less

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”