Review of Mountain Wave

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ludovica Peruzzi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Entanglement
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ludovica-peruzzi.html
Latest Review: Blockhead by Kyle J.S. Bardell

Re: Review of Mountain Wave

Post by Ludovica Peruzzi »

Definitely get your struggle understanding the circumstances and the cultural context of this book, since the weather here is also fairly tropical, but what's good about adventure books is that they remind us there's a world beyond our window, which is incredibly cool. We also need to be prepared and have survival training for most situations, since you never know when you will find yourself needing the specific advice. Great review, and interesting book!
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1026
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Understanding the terms given and the conditions encountered by the team are essential to truly being able to connect with the book. I am glad that the author included the additional notes to aid in the readers’ understanding. Thanks!
Julie Basil
Favorite Book: The Little Prince
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 205
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-basil.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Julie Basil »

I'm glad to hear that the writing in this book was so vivid and engaging. It sounds like a great adventure story that would be helpful for anyone who is planning a similar outdoor adventure in an area with a colder climate.
"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what's essential is invisible to the eye." ~ Antoine St. Exupery
Jones Mwaniki
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jones-mwaniki.html
Latest Review: It's None of Your Business by Jordan K. Michaels
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 300%

Post by Jones Mwaniki »

From the review, I gather that this book is an entertaining read. Like mentioned, I too don't have that much knowledge about Alaska. So, apart from the story, learning about the place and having a mental picture painted in mind is an added bonus. As books can take a person to new worlds, including those that exist that we have never been.
Harshitha Nayak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshitha-nayak.html
Latest Review: The Adventurers of Uncle Billy & Ross by Solon Phillips, Esq.
2024 Reading Goal: 55
2024 Goal Completion: 69%

Post by Harshitha Nayak »

This kind of books , gives us the experience of the other countries, we being in different horizon, can feel through the words, how's the other of the world is. The hunting experience is seems captureed well here.
Jenna Padayachee
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Kybalion
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenna-padayachee.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Signature Addition: Jenna Padayachee

Post by Jenna Padayachee »

Wow, a mountain wave is something I have never truly concerned myself with.
I appreciate your insightful review, and I truly value that you do additional research to familiarize yourself with terminology and background information, which only serves to enrich your reading experience.
I like learning about things, and sometimes, I tend to become way too absorbed ( the joys of learning).
This book provides much to learn in terms of the actual experiences of Joe Albea and Nathan Summers during their Caribou Hunting Expedition.
I know someone who will be very interested in the information this book provides, and I shall pass it on as highly recommended.
Congratulations to the author!
"Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power." Lao Tzu
Jenna Padayachee
MAHAD BAIG MIRZA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahad-baig-mirza.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by MAHAD BAIG MIRZA »

This review of "Mountain Wave" by Joe Albea and Nathan Summers highlights its gripping storytelling and detailed descriptions of hunting and survival in Alaska. The reviewer appreciates the book's educational value, particularly for readers unfamiliar with Alaska's climate and outdoor activities. It commends the authors for their vivid descriptions and thorough research, though note that some readers from tropical regions may find certain aspects challenging to relate to. Overall, the book is recommended for outdoor enthusiasts and adventure lovers seeking thrilling tales of survival and hunting.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”