Review of Recipe Book for Kids

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cristiano Bellucci
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: Silo 42: Deception by Zev Paiss
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 660%

Review of Recipe Book for Kids

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Recipe Book for Kids" by Lloyd Edward Collins.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Recipe Book for Kids" by Lloyd Edward Collins is an exceptional guide for young chefs eager to delve into the art of cooking. The book combines educational content with engaging recipes, making it a delightful read for children and adults. Collins' thoughtful approach ensures that young readers can grasp essential culinary skills while having fun in the kitchen.

The book begins by introducing the various tools commonly found in a kitchen, emphasizing the importance of cooking safety. This knowledge is crucial for young chefs, and Collins presents it in a clear and accessible manner.

The author then transitions to simple recipes. Starting with chocolate chip cookies, the book gradually progresses to cupcakes, banana bread, and scones. Each recipe is detailed, with step-by-step instructions that are easy for children to follow. This section helps build confidence and basic skills, allowing young cooks to create delicious treats.

The subsequent sections delve into more advanced cooking techniques, such as using an oven and grill. Recipes like boiled eggs, grilled cheese sandwiches, and chicken breast are perfect for those looking to expand their repertoire. Collins' clear guidance ensures that these more challenging recipes remain approachable for young readers.

One of the book's highlights is the collection of intermediate recipes, which introduce children to international cuisine. From Mediterranean bell peppers and Thai curry to Moroccan lamb and sushi rolls, Collins provides a culinary tour of the world. This diverse selection fosters an appreciation for global cultures and flavors.

Two outstanding features of the book are the sections on plating techniques and food photography. Collins understands that the visual presentation of food is as important as its taste, especially in the age of social media.

As an adult reader, I found myself eager to try the chocolate lava cake. My family and I look forward to baking the easy recipes together, and my young child is excited to share his creations with friends.

I like the overall idea of the book, which focuses on children. The author gradually increases the difficulty of the recipes. I enjoy how the author introduces topics like plating and photography, which make the book a comprehensive and enjoyable guide. I appreciate the dishes from different parts of the world. It is a fantastic way to discover local traditions. There is nothing I dislike about this book. The book is exceptionally edited, as it contains zero errors. Summarizing all of the above, I rate "Recipe Book for Kids" by Lloyd Edward Collins 5 out of 5 stars.

In conclusion, I recommend "Recipe Book for Kids" to young aspiring chefs who want to learn and improve their cooking skills.

Recipe Book for Kids
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Self Love : Journal Your Journey by Natalie Bears

Post by Gerry Steen »

Your review describes and sums up a cookbook I want to get for my grandchildren. Kids love to have the opportunity to help in the kitchen. This book will foster a love of cooking and baking in the children that use it. Future chefs in the making! Chocolate chip cookies and banana bread after a plate of Mediterranean bell peppers?! Yummy! :techie-studyinggray:
Priya Bhasin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-bhasin.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Priya Bhasin »

I would love to get something like this for the kids in my family.
Dana Lawrence Lohn
Favorite Book: The Upstairs Delicatessen
Currently Reading: In the Garden of Beasts
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dana-lawrence-lohn.html
Latest Review: The Wicked Wives by Gus Pelagatti
2024 Reading Goal: 75
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Dana Lawrence Lohn »

How smart to structure the book with tools first, and then the easier and sweeter recipes up front in order to get some delicious cooking wins achieved, and then progress to the more intermediate and multicultural recipes. I love the sound of this and will check it out for my girls! Thanks for a wonderful review, @Cristiano Bellucci.
Sandre Lamar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandre-lamar.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Sandre Lamar »

A great read. Highly recommend
David Awunor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-awunor.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by David Awunor »

The review is well-detailed, thoroughly explaining the book, which is a great quality. I would add it to my "to-read" list due to the visuals and easy-to-follow recipes described in the review.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by Priya Murugesan »

A great review! I believe my kids will adore this book.
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
Muna Chisom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Muna Chisom »

You have written a very comprehensive review. No doubts a book talking about recipe is a great choice.
Harshitha Nayak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshitha-nayak.html
Latest Review: The Adventurers of Uncle Billy & Ross by Solon Phillips, Esq.
2024 Reading Goal: 55
2024 Goal Completion: 69%

Post by Harshitha Nayak »

Inspiring books for kids and it keeps them engaging and they will have information. Good review and thanks for highlighting the points.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”