Review of Mindset for health

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Precious Anavheoba
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-anavheoba.html
Latest Review: Teacher by Robert Mitchell

Review of Mindset for health

Post by Precious Anavheoba »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mindset for health" by Tdachi Deni Whiting.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Do you feel sick of your life, or are you stuck without knowing what else to do? Are you obese, unhealthy, lagging, or constantly negative? Mindset for Health is an inspirational self-help book that caters to any such problems you might be facing.

The author, Tdachi-Deni Whiting, has broken down steps to take to find your way to a healthy and productive life. “There are always circumstances at play, but you do not need to continue to be a victim of circumstance.” This should strike you, as it did me when I read the book and understood just how people limit themselves in life. The book is divided into three parts, and each part takes the reader on a gradual journey into what is needed to keep them healthy.

Part 1 focuses on identifying limiting factors, excuses, and paradigms and working on practical solutions to reversing them. Part 2 focuses on understanding how the mind works, continuous ways to keep it working well, and self-love (self talk). Part 3 focuses on nutrition, health, and how to balance eating the right food with all the junk and processed things you've always loved to eat. 

I'm not trying to lose weight, but I could relate to and look for ways to apply the principles discussed in the book to my life. I found the space left for notes (the journal) to be a good idea. I also enjoyed reading the three basic steps one should take at the beginning of their journey to healthy living.

First, you must visualize yourself becoming what you hope and dream to achieve with your health (and, by extension, anything else in life). Secondly, you must write down or record yourself taking your little steps toward a more healthy lifestyle. 

Lastly, you have to learn to celebrate little wins. The way Whiting explains all this in the book is easy to understand and implement. It's also encouraging. I enjoyed reading the practicable steps to follow when trying to actualize positive self-talk. I loved how the author differentiated between optimism and toxic positivity.

Moving forward, I would love it if the author could make the font size a bit bigger. I would have also loved to see more paragraphs used in the entire book. There were large chunks of writing with only two or three paragraphs on a page. This can be seen in Chapter 2, specifically, and a few other pages. Despite this, I will award it five out of five stars because the positive aspects outweigh these few negative observations.

The book is worth reading because it offers a lot of encouragement and help. I recommend this to people on a weight loss journey, anyone who feels lost in life, and fitness trainers. I couldn't find any grammar errors, and this contributes to the book's perfect rating.

Mindset for health
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: Creative Destruction by Alastair Bowman

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

For one to be healthy, the mindset have to be the first thing, one have to believe it's possible and also believe one have to capacity needed to achieve that healthy life.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”