Review of Room Without Walls: A Transformational Journey

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Isaac Oh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isaac-oh.html
Latest Review: The Greatest Battle of Culture by Panigrahi Bethi

Review of Room Without Walls: A Transformational Journey

Post by Isaac Oh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Room Without Walls: A Transformational Journey" by Ruth Ferguson.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Room Without Walls: A Transformative Journey is a powerful and deeply moving book by Ruth Ferguson. In this candid account, Ruth shares her harrowing experience of emotional abuse at the hands of her husband and how she dealt with it.

Ruth's marriage to her husband plunged her into a turbulent emotional and psychological landscape. Unprepared for the reality of her marital union, Ruth found herself trapped in an emotionally abusive relationship. Through this book, Ruth chronicles her powerful journey of transformation, turning her personal struggle into a source of strength and knowledge for others. Offering readers a first-hand account of navigating and overcoming an abusive relationship, Ruth's story serves as a guiding light for those in search of healing, resilience, and hope.

This is a raw portrayal of the devastating effects of emotional abuse, but it is also a story of triumph and redemption. Ruth's courage and resilience in the face of adversity serve as an inspiration to all who have experienced trauma and suffering. I love that Ruth not only shared her journey of dealing with an emotionally abusive husband but also provided practical ways for others to navigate similar situations.

Abuse in any form is incredibly damaging and can leave deep emotional scars that are hard to heal. It takes immense strength and courage to not only recognize that you are in an abusive relationship but also to take steps to protect yourself and break free from the cycle of abuse. Her transparency and vulnerability in sharing her own experiences are truly commendable. By sharing her story, she is shedding light on a topic that is often shrouded in secrecy and shame.

The inclusion of Bible passages at the beginning of each chapter adds depth and richness to the book, enhancing the overall reading experience and reinforcing the central themes of faith, resilience, and redemption. It serves as a reminder that even in the darkest of times, there is always light to be found in the words of scripture. These passages not only offer comfort and strength but also serve as a source of hope and inspiration for readers who may be going through similar struggles.

There is absolutely nothing to dislike in this book. It deserves 5 out of 5 stars. It is professionally edited, as I found an error. This book is a must-read for anyone seeking solace and guidance on their journey to healing and freedom.

Room Without Walls: A Transformational Journey
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: Creative Destruction by Alastair Bowman

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

Most of the times, when we do have a happy home we grew up in, we don't know how an abusive relationship feels like, and I'm glad Ruth wrote this book to feed people of her experience to prevent her reality on others.
Bernard Ndubuisi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Bernard Ndubuisi »

Thank you for this wonderful review.
Emotional abuse of any kind can be highly traumatized. And it negative effects on the society, families, and friends is never a good experience. Thanks to the narrator for the first-hand information on emotional abuse and its solutions. I need to get this book to my book shelve.
Amarachi Stephanie Ejike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Amarachi Stephanie Ejike »

Room Without Walls: A Transformative Journey by Ruth Ferguson is an inspiration for people in an abusive situation of any kind. Although Ruth's personal abusive experience which she shared with us is of the emotional kind, I still believe that people who are suffering other forms of abuse can also benefit from this book. Since most victims of abuse tend to rather keep their pain or shame hidden, Ruth's story serves as a huge encouragement to people in the same vein to recognize the situation they are in and take necessary steps to break free from the cycle of abuse.
The review was beautiful, and I found myself curious to go read the book myself. Reading that the author added scriptural quotations at the beginning of the chapter made me realize that the author did not just want to share her experience shallowly, but wanted to convey the depth of knowledge and insight on the theme of discourse.
I love me a good book, and I think I'd love to read Ruth's story.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”