Review of Escape To Paradise and Beyond

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kendal Low
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: New Vista by Brian J. Squire

Review of Escape To Paradise and Beyond

Post by Kendal Low »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Escape To Paradise and Beyond" by Maitreya Dasa.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

What began at birth as a "normal" life turned into feelings of inadequacy, stagnancy, and restlessness. That then turned into travelling the world and searching for profound answers to even more profound questions. Escape to Paradise and Beyond: An Englishman’s Global Quest for Truth and Enlightenment is the captivating story of Maitreya Dasa, the comprehensive account of his life and learned truths.

The author had a very matter-of-fact writing style, and while I did enjoy it for the most part, I sometimes found myself wanting him to write a bit more personally. It was almost a little bit difficult to connect to the story at the beginning because it felt as though he was recounting a story he’d heard about someone else and didn’t particularly care for it.

I found the beginning of the book slow and I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to finish it because of the reasons mentioned above. However, after some time I found myself utterly entranced by the author’s writings. I could identify with a lot of what he was describing, and I felt seen. I found myself thinking of the book often in the few days after I had finished it, which means it stuck with me and I very much enjoyed it.

The book was separated into chapters, which were separated into subheadings. I enjoyed this format a lot, as it added to the cohesiveness of the story. Each subheading was about a particular country the author visited or an experience he had, and it prevented the story from feeling stagnant or boring.

Despite my criticism, I loved this book. It was well-written and captivating, and the author is very well-spoken. I found only one minor error, leading me to believe that the book was professionally edited. I believe it deserves a perfect rating of 5 out of 5 stars, as my earlier complaints did not hinder my reading experience enough to deduct a star.

There were some slight sexual themes throughout, and an exceptionally minor instance of profanity. So, I believe this book would be well-suited to nearly all ages of readers. While it may not feel like it will in the beginning, the book tends to make you step back and look at your life. After reading this book, my advice would be to do the things you want to do and chase the experiences you want to have. I would recommend the book to those hesitating to do just that.

Escape To Paradise and Beyond
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tijani Islamiat Kofoworola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tijani-islamiat-kofoworola.html

Post by Tijani Islamiat Kofoworola »

With the review above, I realized that from the moment of birth till one's death, human will keep questioning, and profounding for answers about what and why am I living for?. I will be looking forward to read this book as it has a lot of life experience and fascinating thing.
Shinshinshin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Shinshinshin »

Based on the review, the book "Escape to Paradise and Beyond: An Englishman's Global Quest for Truth and Enlightenment" seems to have a slow start and a detached writing style initially. However, as the story progresses, it becomes captivating and relatable, making the reader feel seen. The chapter and subheading format keeps the story cohesive and engaging. Despite some minor flaws, the book is well-written, professionally edited, and deserves a perfect rating of 5 out of 5 stars. It contains slight sexual themes and minimal profanity, making it suitable for readers of various ages. Overall, this review suggests that the book is a good read and recommended for those seeking inspiration to pursue their desires and experiences.
Pranav Dewangan
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The Work of My Mother's Hands: A Caregiver's Journey by Dr. Kiplee Bell

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

I was initially unsure about Escape to Paradise and Beyond, but your review convinced me to give it a shot. The author's matter-of-fact style may have taken some getting used to, but your mention of the captivating journey and the way the narrative unfolds through various countries and experiences has me intrigued. The personal connection you eventually felt and the lingering thoughts post-read indicate a powerful impact. Excited to dive into this transformative adventure!
Seetha E
Currently Reading: The prodigy slave
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seetha-e.html
Latest Review: The Last Rhino: An African Wildlife Adventure by David Mark Quigley

Post by Seetha E »

Thanks for the suggestion. After your review, I was encouraged to sample a few pages. I am interested to know more and have downloaded the complimentary Kindle copy.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1026
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I am glad that you enjoyed this book. It doesn’t sound like my cup of tea, but I’m glad that such a book about searching for answers is here for those who do like this kind. Congratulations on BOTD!
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1469
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Told with strength and authenticity, today's BOTD is a memoir in which Maitreya shares his experiences and interactions as he travels the globe on a quest to find purpose, happiness, truth, and peace. Readers who enjoy personal stories and spiritual journeys will find this read to be both inspiring and educational. I've added this to my WTR list. Thak you!
Surendra Singh 2
Currently Reading: Quest: Finding Freddie
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Surendra Singh 2 »

:hand: Very intrested book and good book based on the review, the book "Escape to Paradise and Beyond: An Englishman's Global Quest for Truth and Enlightenment" seems to have a slow start a detached writing style initially. However, as the story progresses, it becomes captivating and relatable, making the reader feel seen. The chapter and subheading format keeps the story cohesive and engaging. Despite some minor flaws, the book is well-written, professionally edited, and deserves a perfect rating of 5 out of 5 stars. It contains slight sexual themes and minimal profanity, making it suitable for readers of various ages. Overall, this review suggests that the book is a good read and recommended for those seeking inspiration to pursue their desires and experiences. :shhh:
Rebecca De Figueiredo
Favorite Book: Sent to Watch
Currently Reading: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-de-figueiredo.html
Latest Review: Hunger of the Pine by Teal Swan

Post by Rebecca De Figueiredo »

Thank you for the informative review. Yes, the human spirit often gains answers to questions outside of their own sphere .. ie , in a different country, immersing themselves in a different culture. His book seems well written and from the heart.
Rodel Barnachea
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code&reg;
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

"Escape to Paradise and Beyond: An Englishman’s Global Quest for Truth and Enlightenment" by Maitreya Dasa is a captivating account of the author's journey from a "normal" life to a quest for profound answers through global travels. Though the author's writing style is straightforward, it sometimes feels detached, making it initially hard to connect with the story.
Fatola Fatai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 157
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatola-fatai.html
Latest Review: Send Her Back and Other Stories by Munashe Kaseke

Post by Fatola Fatai »

The book chronicles how the author's "normal" life from birth turned into feelings of inadequacy, stagnation, and restlessness, which led him to travel the world searching for answers to some profound questions.
Myri Rani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Myri Rani »

### Escape to Paradise and Beyond: A Journey of Self-Discovery and Adventure

"Escape to Paradise and Beyond" is a captivating novel that takes readers on a thrilling journey through exotic landscapes, filled with intriguing characters and profound moments of self-discovery. The story, penned by the talented author, weaves a narrative that is both adventurous and introspective, making it a compelling read for a wide audience.

The protagonist, Emma, is a thirty-something woman feeling trapped in her mundane corporate job and stagnant personal life. The story begins with her decision to take a spontaneous trip to a remote tropical island, seeking a break from her monotonous routine. This seemingly simple decision sets the stage for a series of events that transform her life in unimaginable ways.

From the moment Emma arrives on the island, the author skillfully immerses readers in the lush, vibrant scenery. The detailed descriptions of the island's natural beauty are not just vivid but almost cinematic, making readers feel as though they are walking alongside Emma on the pristine beaches, through dense jungles, and witnessing breathtaking sunsets. This rich imagery serves as a perfect backdrop for Emma’s internal journey.

The plot thickens as Emma meets a diverse group of characters, each with their own stories and secrets. From the mysterious local guide, who seems to know more about Emma's past than he lets on, to the quirky expatriates who have made the island their home, these characters add depth and intrigue to the narrative. Their interactions with Emma are not only entertaining but also instrumental in her journey of self-discovery.

One of the novel’s strengths lies in its exploration of themes such as self-empowerment, the search for meaning, and the courage to embrace change. Emma's evolution from a disillusioned office worker to a confident, self-aware individual is portrayed with sensitivity and realism. Her struggles and triumphs are relatable, making her journey resonate deeply with readers.

"Escape to Paradise and Beyond" is more than just a travel adventure; it is a story about breaking free from the chains of routine and daring to pursue one's dreams. The author’s eloquent writing style, combined with a well-paced plot and memorable characters, ensures that this novel is not just read but experienced. It’s a testament to the transformative power of travel and the importance of listening to one's inner voice.

In conclusion, "Escape to Paradise and Beyond" is a beautifully crafted tale that will inspire and entertain. It is a must-read for anyone looking to embark on their own journey of self-discovery, or simply escape to a paradisiacal world through the pages of a book.
Great book
Tomi Ahmed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomi-ahmed.html
Latest Review: A Killer Within by Rosemarie B. Smith
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 35
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Tomi Ahmed »

This review provides a thoughtful and balanced perspective on "Escape to Paradise and Beyond: An Englishman’s Global Quest for Truth and Enlightenment" by Maitreya Dasa. The reviewer candidly discusses their initial struggle to connect with the author's matter-of-fact writing style, which they felt lacked personal engagement. However, they commend the book's ability to captivate and resonate deeply as the narrative progresses. The structured format, divided into chapters and subheadings, is praised for enhancing the story's cohesiveness. Despite some minor criticisms, the reviewer ultimately found the book well-written, engaging, and deserving of a perfect rating, highlighting its potential to inspire readers to pursue their own life adventures. This review effectively conveys the book's impact and recommends it to a wide audience.
Tomi Ahmed
Magdalyne Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magdalyne-samuel.html
Latest Review: Breaking the Mold: Remodeling your Way to Success by Fabian Videla

Post by Magdalyne Samuel »

From the review of "Escape to Paradise and Beyond: An Englishman's Global Quest for Truth and Enlightenment" by Maitreya Dasa, I'm convinced to read the book. It addresses profound questions that humans seek answers to and is well-edited, making it a fascinating read. Congratulations to the book of the day.
Nancy004
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancy004.html
Latest Review: Sister B by David Charles Hart

Post by Nancy004 »

"Escape to Paradise and Beyond: An Englishman’s Global Quest for Truth and Enlightenment" by Maitreya Dasa is a captivating journey of self-discovery and adventure. Well-written and thought-provoking, it inspires readers to pursue their dreams and seek profound truths.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”