Review of The Business Value Booster Method

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Slayton Natasha Tillett
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slayton-natasha-tillett.html
Latest Review: Love and Nature/Amor y Naturaleza by Abraham Garcia

Review of The Business Value Booster Method

Post by Slayton Natasha Tillett »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Business Value Booster Method" by Douglas Brown.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I have seen well-doing businessmen and women who always look worn out, even with the success of their businesses. I hadn’t asked myself what keeps them that way until I came across the book The Business Value Booster Method by Douglas Brown. Then I realized that they are so self-absorbed in their business that without their presence, the business can’t function. This is a problem that can be solved by reading and implementing the lessons in this book. 

At the start of this book, the author asks a very interesting question: “Are you running your business, or is it running you?” It was ringing in my head throughout my read, so I could know where I belonged and how I could improve. In the book, the author shared the stories of those who he helped get their businesses on track. One of these is the consulting company. The owner loved her business, but the responsibilities were too much for her. She succeeded in making lots of money, after which she withdrew from the market to recuperate from the stress. Then she comes back and starts building from scratch. A meeting with the author changed a lot about the company, as there was a tremendous increase in the company's worth, the establishment of a virtual program, etc. This story and others in the book prove that this book can transform your business into what you have always wanted it to be. I urge you to grab a copy as you begin the transformative journey of your business. 

It was pleasing that the author explained all the complex business concepts in straightforward language, making it easier for newbies to grasp what was said. The four-week vacation scenario is a recurring theme, illustrating how a well-structured business can function seamlessly in the owner’s absence. It emphasizes the importance of creating processes that are not overly dependent on the owner’s day-to-day involvement. This concept is vital as it also showcases the need for business owners to spend time with their families and engage in other social activities that promote their well-being. This book also provides practical guidance for business owners looking to enhance the value of their companies. Finally, the use of pictures and charts made this book relaxing and business-oriented, respectively. 

The challenge with this book is that it might not adequately address challenges arising from global market dynamics. For instance, businesses dealing with international trade, geopolitical issues, or currency fluctuations may find the book’s insight less applicable. Also, acknowledgments shouldn’t be on the same page as the table of contents. 

Following the challenges above, I would rate this book four out of five stars. I didn’t notice any errors, as the book was carefully edited. Therefore, I would recommend this book to business owners and coaches.   

The Business Value Booster Method
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jessica Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-azuka.html
Latest Review: By The Rivers of Babylon by Mary Glickman

Post by Jessica Azuka »

I love the question, "are you running your business or is it running you?" I see people in this category as not well informed about business and I'm glad that the author has written this book. I am looking forward to learning from it.
Jane Honda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Jane Honda »

The Business Value Booster Method" offers practical solutions for busy business owners, emphasizing the importance of balance. Easy-to-understand language and real-life stories make it a valuable read. A few global market considerations aside.
Enjani Matendeko
Currently Reading: Nightlord
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enjani-matendeko.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Enjani Matendeko »

"Are you running your business? or is your business running you?" Now this is a rich food for thought that many people need to consider. I think this book has important information to share about managing businesses.
Mercy Wambui Ndungu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-wambui-ndungu.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Mercy Wambui Ndungu »

Thank you for sharing your insightful review of "The Business Value Booster Method" by Douglas Brown. Your detailed summary of the book's content and its impact on your perspective of business owners who are overly involved in their businesses provides a comprehensive overview for potential readers.

The author's question about whether one is running their business or vice versa is a thought-provoking opener, and your personal reflection on this question adds a relatable element to your review. The inclusion of real-life stories, such as the consulting company's experience, effectively illustrates the transformative potential of the book.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

This review is helpful, providing insights into the value of the book and its potential impact on business owners. It sufficiently highlights the benefits of reading the book and showcases real-life success stories. It may motivate individuals to purchase the book and improve their businesses. From the perspective of the reviewer, the book appears to be a valuable addition to anyone's library who desires to transform their business and achieve a healthier work-life balance.
Donaking
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Donaking »

The review highlights the book "The Business Value Booster Method" by Douglas Brown as a valuable resource for business owners looking to transform and improve their businesses. The reviewer mentions that the book addresses the common issue of business owners being too dependent on their presence for the business to function effectively. The author's approach of explaining complex concepts in a straightforward manner makes it accessible to readers of all levels. The recurring theme of a four-week vacation emphasizes the importance of creating a well-structured business that can operate smoothly even in the owner's absence. The book provides practical guidance and includes helpful visuals. However, it may not fully address challenges related to global market dynamics. Overall, the review rates the book as four out of five stars and recommends it to business owners and coaches.
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-suraj.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

Nice book. Thanks for this engaging review but I I'll give this book a pass. Nice job.
Ajay Rudrapati
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajay-rudrapati.html
Latest Review: The Illusion of Superiority by Christopher Joseph

Post by Ajay Rudrapati »

I am actually eagerly waiting to read this book, your review acted as a catalyst that builds my interest to make this read by me. Thank you for your review
Mary Clarkee
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: We Are Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-clarkee.html
Latest Review: A Holistic Strategy to Beat Cancer by Nguyen Minh Hai

Post by Mary Clarkee »

Lots of people run business that encroaches into their personal time. Lots of things are at stake when your business is this way. Every business owner or aspiring ones should read a copy of this book it is very important.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”