Review of Escape To Paradise and Beyond

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Do Thi Huong
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-do-thi-huong.html
Latest Review: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition) by Dr. Colleen Huber

Re: Review of Escape To Paradise and Beyond

Post by Do Thi Huong »

I'm interested in learning about his experiences traveling around the world and the answers he discovered during his journeys. Traveling is certainly a way to gain wisdom. Thank you for sharing your review of this book.
Pablo Josue Mendia
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pablo-josue-mendia.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Shadows by John Berg
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 250
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by Pablo Josue Mendia »

Thank you for your insightful review!

Escape to Paradise and Beyond: An Englishman’s Global Quest for Truth and Enlightenment by Maitreya Dasa sounds like a profound journey from an ordinary life to one filled with global exploration and deep introspection. The initial matter-of-fact style might make it challenging to connect with, but as the story unfolds, it becomes captivating and thought-provoking. The structured chapters and subheadings enhance the narrative, making it a memorable and enlightening read. I appreciate your recommendation.
Brienna Cooper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97

Post by Brienna Cooper »

Nice review! As is, I’m already backed up on things on want to read/do directly pertaining to self-actualization and enlightenment, but the more quality material we have available on the subject the better.
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

I like the message of the reviewer at the end to read the book when hesitating to follow your dreams. Reading a first-hand account may help with that. I am not sure if I would have the patience myself to continue reading a book that begins very slowpaced.
Nemanja Jankovic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 597
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nemanja-jankovic.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Nemanja Jankovic »

"Escape To Paradise and Beyond" by Maitreya Dasa presents the author's memoirs. The book is divided into chapters, which are then divided into subchapters. This way of formatting turned out to be very good. Each sub-chapter refers to one country that the author visited.
Abhishek Kumar Gupta
Currently Reading: Beyond the Golden Door
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abhishek-kumar-gupta.html
Latest Review: Finding my Reflection by Frederick Mulae
2024 Reading Goal: 365
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by Abhishek Kumar Gupta »

Thank you for such a thoughtful and detailed review! Your honest reflections, especially about the initial disconnect and the eventual deep engagement with the story, provide valuable insight for potential readers. It's great to hear that the book's structure and profound themes left a lasting impression. Your recommendation to embrace life's experiences is truly inspiring. I'm sure your review will help others decide to pick up Escape to Paradise and Beyond.
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: Totem by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

Dasa's open and honest account of his personal journey to finding authentic purpose and spiritual enlightenment through extensive travels and intensive inward searching offers inspiring guidance.
Caterine Potes Morales
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caterine-potes-morales.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 23%

Post by Caterine Potes Morales »

Thanks for your thorough review of Escape to Paradise and Beyond. I appreciate your honest take on the writing style and how it initially felt distant. It's great to hear that the book eventually captivated you and left a lasting impression. The chapter and subheading format sounds like a nice touch for maintaining engagement. Your mention of the book prompting self-reflection is particularly intriguing. I'm definitely curious to explore this journey of enlightenment and see how it resonates with me.
Merits Anih
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-merits-anih.html
Latest Review: Uprooted by Peter J. Boni

Post by Merits Anih »

Maitreya Dasa's "Escape to Paradise and Beyond" is a compelling spiritual memoir that resonates with anyone who has felt dissatisfied with the conventional path in life and sought deeper meaning and fulfillment.
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: The Bear with No Hair and the Mystery of the Stolen Fur Coat by Michelle Renee Avis

Post by Salome Ogani »

Dasha's vivid narrative provides a philosophical blueprint for redirecting one's trajectory toward greater life sovereignty. It is for anyone who has momentarily felt trapped in life's socially prescribed rat race and questioned if there could be a more meaningful trajectory
Annabell Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annabell-samuel.html
Latest Review: Journey To The Heartland by Xiaolong Huang

Post by Annabell Samuel »

Everyone has a chance to rewrite their story, regardless of how it has always been. This is what the author did. This book is testament to the fact that you can turn the tides for your good.
Hy Be
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hy-be.html
Latest Review: A Mingled Yarn by Louise Williams

Post by Hy Be »

"Escape To Paradise and Beyond" by Maitreya Dasa is a memoir of author describing about his view about life and it's realities. The author weaved themes of self-discovery, peace, love and friendship in this book.
Suvankar Das 1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suvankar-das-1.html
Latest Review: Ghost With Two Hearts by michael r french

Post by Suvankar Das 1 »

"Escape to Paradise and Beyond: An Englishman's Global Quest For Truth And Enlightenment" by Maitreya Dasa offers a profound memoir filled with insight and wit. This book is ideal for anyone seeking a deeper understanding of spiritual truths and their real self-interest. Thanks for sharing this enlightening recommendation!
Ram Uday Mahajan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-uday-mahajan.html
Latest Review: Immigrant Hustle by Amine Rahal

Post by Ram Uday Mahajan »

Great review, Kendal! Your honesty about the initial difficulty connecting to the story, followed by your eventual deep engagement, really shows the book's impact. Your insights on the format and personal connection make me eager to read it.
Rupali Mishra
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rupali-mishra.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Rupali Mishra »

Congratulations on BOTD!
The memoir "Escape to Paradise and Beyond" by Maitreya Dasa is a reflection of the author's perspective on life and its truths. Self-discovery, serenity, love, and friendship are among the themes that the author skillfully weaves throughout this book.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”