Review of Churches Incorporated

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jane Honda
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Review of Churches Incorporated

Post by Jane Honda »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Churches Incorporated" by James E Alston.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Christianity as a religion is vast and broad, and every day, different doctrines and teachings spring up, but we are guided by the Bible, which is God's word to us. Which brings me to ask, why are there wide variations in Christianity? Churches Incorporated by James E. Alston is a fascinating corrective book on the cankerworms that have come into the church to change its main purpose. In this book, there are a lot of fascinating teachings and shared experiences that will make you a better Christian.

This is one of the best Christian books I have read in a while. The fact that this book is written by a pastor’s kid is another reason why it was so appealing to me. There were a lot of interesting topics in this book, but then the second and third topics struck me so hard. In Christendom today, where a lot of people hang the cross with different definitions and intentions, most are misled into believing that it is genuine due to the big dangling cross the pastor is putting on. There is a need to look beyond the cross, just like the author rightly said, giving a few scenarios of what people do with the cross. The purpose of this book is to redefine what being a true Christian is all about, which the author did using different fascinating topics, stories, and biblical texts. Grab a copy to read more.

I feel like this book came at the right time to teach me and also for me to teach others because, in our Sunday school, a few questions came up that caused a lot of controversy. The part that talked about legalism had the perfect answer to the question, and I was able to settle the controversy. I really want to commend the author for having fearlessly written this book that holds the undiluted truth of Christianity, and I believe that with the approach the author used in writing this book, a lot of people would be transformed for good. Also, everything about this book captured me, starting from the book cover, the title, and the book organization.

The writing of this book was in very clear language. The only thing that I can say was a bit off was the overuse of stories in the book. It was good, but then it was too much at the same time, aside from the fact that there wasn’t any challenge with the book. It was properly edited and does not contain any errors.

Based on what has been stated, I will rate this book five out of five stars. Churches Incorporated is a book that I recommend to every Christian and church leader.

Churches Incorporated
View: on Bookshelves
Slayton Natasha Tillett
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slayton-natasha-tillett.html
Latest Review: Love and Nature/Amor y Naturaleza by Abraham Garcia

Post by Slayton Natasha Tillett »

An enlightening guide to genuine Christianity, 'Churches Incorporated' by James E. Alston brilliantly navigates through crucial topics, offering profound insights for both seasoned believers and those seeking spiritual truth.
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-suraj.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

I haven't read this book yet but your review tells it all. Although I'm not a fan of religious book I will give this a try. I'm looking forward to reading it. Thanks for this engaging review.
Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malachi-chukwuebuka-nelson.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson »

The book seem interesting but I will give this a pass . Kudos in your review you did justice in the review
Mary Clarkee
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: We Are Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-clarkee.html
Latest Review: A Holistic Strategy to Beat Cancer by Nguyen Minh Hai

Post by Mary Clarkee »

This is an interesting book however it doesn't appeal to me much.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”