Review of Escape To Paradise and Beyond

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Damian Keyes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damian-keyes.html
Latest Review: Out of the Ashes..One Man's Journey by Daniel Ryan
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Re: Review of Escape To Paradise and Beyond

Post by Damian Keyes »

Memoirs are my favorite reading material. It's always a good time to take part on someone's journey and learn what has helped them along the way. From the book title it sounds like this is going to be an adventurous read. I cannot wait to get this book and learn about the author's life experiences.
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this seems like an interesting memoir of the author's experiences and the challenges he had to face and overcome in order to attain truths. It might be worth a second look. Well done.
Anu Anand
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-anand.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Anu Anand »

This book sounds intriguing, especially with its blend of travel and profound life lessons. I appreciate the author's matter-of-fact style and the structured format with subheadings. I think I'll like this book, so I'm adding it to my TBR list. Congrats on BOTD!
MMcB
Favorite Book: Island of Missing Trees
Currently Reading: The Elephant(s) in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmcb.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by MMcB »

Looking for the meaning of your life but stuck in your 9-5 job? Well, read Escape to Paradise and Beyond: An Englishman’s Global Quest for Truth and Enlightenment by Maitreya Dasa!
Maybe the adventures related therein will show you the light and maybe it will make you that much more certain there is more to life than what you are doing. The reviewer said the writing style is a bit stilted yet they loved the story and it is something to think about day in and day out. It sounds like just the right kind of book to get anyone out of their ‘stuck’ feeling.
If you're going through hell, keep going.
~ Sir Winston Churchill
Lova Vutety
Currently Reading: The Magic Lantern
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Lova Vutety »

I really like books that are full of adventure and this was very interesting in review. With a deep life journey and search for truth. Although memoirs are only self-serving and don't provide much benefit to their readers.
_Rhea Jacob
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhea-jacob.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by _Rhea Jacob »

It looks like the can help readers truly look at their lives and understand what the author learned from his life after visiting several countries. I think I will skip the book as I am not a huge fan of memoirs. Thank you for your review!
Chinazo Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Never Let Go by Sultan Nasser

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

I'm glad the author found the answers he was looking for as he traveled the world and also learned some truths on his journey. However, I don't read nonfiction, so I'll skip this book.
Nisha DSouza
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Quest: Finding Freddie
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Escape To Paradise and Beyond by Maitreya Dasa is a memoir that will answer important life questions. The author, an Englishman, shares his life story and his journey to seek enlightenment. Having traveled to more than 70 countries, the author's experiences will be intriguing to read. Congratulations on the BOTD!
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Azi Joseph
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azi-joseph.html
Latest Review: Living a Life in Balance by Abdullah Boulad

Post by Azi Joseph »

Thank you for the informative review. Yes, the human spirit often gains answers to questions outside of their own sphere .. ie , in a different country, immersing themselves in a different culture. His book seems well written and from the heart
Devjyoti Mondal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-devjyoti-mondal.html
Latest Review: Unyielding Destiny by Spiros Gratsias (author of Unyielding Destiny)

Post by Devjyoti Mondal »

Thanks for your thoughtful review! I appreciate the honest feedback about the author's writing style. I'm intrigued by the transformation you described from finding the beginning slow to being utterly captivated. The book sounds inspiring and thought-provoking, and I’m adding it to my reading list!
Ohmy Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohmy-book.html
Latest Review: Happiness to the 10th Power by T. Calvin Ward

Post by Ohmy Book »

Thank you for this thoughtful and detailed review! As a reader, I appreciate your insights and honest critique. It's great to hear that despite a slow start, the book resonated with you deeply and left a lasting impression. Your recommendation encourages me to explore Maitreya Dasa's journey and reflections. Thank you again for sharing your experience with "Escape to Paradise and Beyond"!
Jaadugar Yadu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaadugar-yadu.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson

Post by Jaadugar Yadu »

The book chronicle encounters with inspiring spiritual teachers or experiences that profoundly impacted the author's life, which can be enriching for readers. Exposure to new cultures and philosophies can challenge preconceived notions and offer readers fresh perspectives on life and spirituality.
Reva Parker
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 499
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reva-parker.html
Latest Review: Dear Abigail by Richard Rees

Post by Reva Parker »

Thank you for your great review. I'm glad you enjoyed the book. I did like the author's style of writing for the most part, but at times at the beginning, I wasn't sure where he was at or living. I will think about whether I want to read this book as I do generally like memoirs. His childhood was very confusing, so amazingly, it didn't affect him more than it did.
azza lia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azza-lia.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by azza lia »

Traveling around the world is certainly a way to gain wisdom. From the review this book is well-written and thought-provoking. I appreciate your honest take on the writing style. This book doesn't seems like my cup of tea. Anyways, thank you for your thoughtful and detailed review.
Jeff Kanda
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Dreams Are to Be Lived
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeff-kanda.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Jeff Kanda »

As humans, we quest a lot about life. You have provided a well written review and am curious to read this book. Thanks for the engaging review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”