Review of Escape To Paradise and Beyond

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rose Nafula Oketch
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-nafula-oketch.html
Latest Review: Essential Gut Health for Women Over 50 by JL Service

Re: Review of Escape To Paradise and Beyond

Post by Rose Nafula Oketch »

I am also in the same situation, searching for profound answers and wanting to know my real self-interest, and I think "Escape to Paradise and Beyond" will be a great addition to my shelf. Congratulations to the BOTD author!
sanjeev maurya
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjeev-maurya.html
Latest Review: Tizzy Wheels, A Holofilm Neurobiology Almanac by Ele May or Alkie Ceolin

Post by sanjeev maurya »

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on *Escape to Paradise and Beyond: An Englishman’s Global Quest for Truth and Enlightenment*. Your review piqued my interest! I appreciate your honesty about the slow start and the author's writing style. It's great to hear that despite the initial disconnect, the story eventually captivated you and resonated deeply.

I'm particularly intrigued by the book's structure, with its chapters and subheadings dedicated to different countries and experiences. That sounds like a unique way to keep the narrative engaging and organized. Your mention of how the book made you reflect on your own life and chase your dreams is inspiring.

I'm also glad to hear that it's well-suited for almost all ages, with only minor instances of mature content. Your review has definitely convinced me to give this book a try. Thanks again for your insightful review!
Harty Muli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 275
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: The Face of Fear by R. J. Torbert

Post by Harty Muli »

I support Maitreya Dasa's decision to seek answers to life's questions that troubled him. I am curious as to the meaning of the title though. Did he discover a "paradise"? Thanks for the review.
lim mamanto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lim-mamanto.html
Latest Review: The Enlightened Passenger by Corey Poirier

Post by lim mamanto »

While it may not feel like it will in the beginning, the book tends to make you step back and look at your life. After some time, the reviewer found himself utterly entranced by the author’s writings. After reading this book, his advice would be to do the things you want to do and chase the experiences you want to have. He would recommend the book to those hesitating to do just that. What began at birth as a "normal" life turned into feelings of inadequacy, stagnancy, and restlessness. That then turned into traveling the world and searching for profound answers to even more profound questions.

I am curious to hear the advice of a person who traveled the world to ignite the spirit to do the things you want to do and have the experiences you want to have.
Priyankan Nayak
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankan-nayak.html
Latest Review: Salt of the Earth by Kate Moschandreas
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 173%

Post by Priyankan Nayak »

Congratulations on the BOTD award. I am not sure what the content is all about. I am a bit confused. But the review above is insightful. I am looking forward to reading it.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

I like books about self-discovery, enlightenment, and the journey of humans in finding enlightenment. As a Buddhist, this theme is very interesting to me. Reading your review makes me even more eager to read this book. Thank you for writing this. What a great review.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
R Chinaza Onwuka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Banished
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-chinaza-onwuka.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by R Chinaza Onwuka »

The moment a human being learn how to speak , they begin to question every single thing around them. From the most simple to the most complex. I am glad that the author has found answers to his questions with life's most important lessons as bonuses. Thanks for the great review.
Ajain12
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajain12.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Ajain12 »

"Escape to Paradise and Beyond" is a well-written, captivating account of Maitreya Dasa's global quest for truth. Though initially slow, it ultimately resonates deeply, earning a deserved 5-star rating.
Ankitg Yadav
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ankitg-yadav.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Ankitg Yadav »

By travelling to diverse locations, the author likely encounters different cultures and belief systems. This can broaden the reader's perspective and understanding of the world.
Sarvesh J Yadav
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarvesh-j-yadav.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sarvesh J Yadav »

The book details the author's personal transformation through his travels and spiritual seeking. This can be inspiring and motivating for readers looking to make positive changes in their lives. Congrats on #BOTD
Dalia Chf
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dalia-chf.html
Latest Review: Infinity by Catalina DuBois

Post by Dalia Chf »

A memoir that recounts the author’s adventures and experiences in life while answering questions about human existence. Sounds like a profound read, although the authors sounds a bit detached in his writing, like you shared in your review.
Abiodunakinola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Post by Abiodunakinola »

As this book story progress, the narrative becomes deeply engaging, offering relatable insights and reflections that resonate with readers. The journey from disconnection to captivation illustrates the transformative power of the author's experiences and the universal quest for meaning. Nice review.
Risper Ouma Anyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-anyango.html
Latest Review: The elderly Gentleman's Ulyssee by Hans Bodmer

Post by Risper Ouma Anyango »

So many people seek truth in life and often just ignore the fact that they don't know much about the world. I commend the author for having the guts to actually go out there in search of truth. Kudos. Congratulations on making a book of the day
Khushi Yadav 8
Favorite Book: The Unfakeable Code®
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khushi-yadav-8.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 17%

Post by Khushi Yadav 8 »

To do what you love is a real paradise. Also I liked how the author has travelled and wrote about their experiences. Showing those realities. And the way chapters are written are really good to know.
Michael Gambo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-gambo.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Michael Gambo »

Maitreya Dasa's honest and straightforward narrative style makes the profound experiences he described even more impactful. This book is a testament to the transformative power of travel and introspection, and I highly recommend it to anyone on their own path to enlightenment.
I believe in something greater than myself.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”