Official Review: The Fruit of the Spirit

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
nareadyns
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nareadyns.html
Latest Review: "The Immigrant's Lament" by Mois benarroch

The Fruit of the Spirit

Post by nareadyns »

After reading your review, I'm still surprise that you can give it a 2 out of 4, you are generous.

There is nothing worse for readers than to get an clearly unprofessional book. You start a book with great expectations and end up being disappointed, personally I don't finish such a book.

Thanks
Latest Review: "The Immigrant's Lament" by Mois benarroch
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

Hi Aldonsa, thanks for the compliment. I just googled Osho since I had never heard of him but after reading up about him I'm not sure that I would like his work. I prefer C.S Lewis.
Aldonsa
Currently Reading: God Is Not A Noun: Evolutionaries Illuminati Cosmic Bible Ginan
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aldonsa.html
Latest Review: "The Fifth Crusade" by Mark Butler

Post by Aldonsa »

Jaime Lync wrote:Hi Aldonsa, thanks for the compliment. I just googled Osho since I had never heard of him but after reading up about him I'm not sure that I would like his work. I prefer C.S Lewis.
It's a shame, but I've red only about Narnia :shifty:
Latest Review: "The Fifth Crusade" by Mark Butler
Riki
Currently Reading: Middlesex
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riki.html
Latest Review: "The People Up the Holler" by Roger L. Guffey

Post by Riki »

Really? Using the work of another author without expressed permission? Wikipedia? I would've given this book a one-star review on those disrespectful grounds alone. Thanks for the honest review, saved me some time and effort.
Latest Review: "The People Up the Holler" by Roger L. Guffey
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Apples Never Fall
Bookshelf Size: 561
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Thank you for the insightful and honest review! I don't like when blurbs are deceiving and you get the opposite of what you expect. Especially, since here, it seemed like it went in a negative direction. Quoting from Wikipedia...all I have to say is = wow. I believe I will pass on this book. Thank you for sharing!
"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

Riki wrote:Really? Using the work of another author without expressed permission? Wikipedia? I would've given this book a one-star review on those disrespectful grounds alone. Thanks for the honest review, saved me some time and effort.
Thanks for reading and commenting Riki. After reading your comment I think I should have given this 1 star indeed. I try to find positives in everything but I have to be more objective

hsimone wrote:Thank you for the insightful and honest review! I don't like when blurbs are deceiving and you get the opposite of what you expect. Especially, since here, it seemed like it went in a negative direction. Quoting from Wikipedia...all I have to say is = wow. I believe I will pass on this book. Thank you for sharing!
Thanks for reading Hsimone. Deceitful blurbs area the worse when the book turns out to be bad but maybe one day I'll find a blurb that makes the book seem bad but it is really an amazing read.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”