Review of All For the Love of Dogs

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1941
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Review of All For the Love of Dogs

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: All For the Love of Dogs' by Ilona Benzel is a valuable source of knowledge about dogs for readers. It provides us with in-depth and useful information about dogs. The point that the author shared her experience with dogs and her thoughts on them in this book is worth mentioning in the review. She explained how she had fallen in love with many of the dogs she had rescued but couldn't keep them all. Readers will discover the author's sweet feature of her ability to communicate with some dogs, which she described as 'telepathy.' Also, as mentioned in the review, the book is wonderful with true-life dog experiences and even some pictures. Learning that this is a good book for dog lovers was nice!
Reva Parker
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 495
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reva-parker.html
Latest Review: Dear Abigail by Richard Rees

Post by Reva Parker »

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I did enjoy how she talked about the different dogs and her ability to communicate with them. I am an animal lover and could tell how much she genuinely loved animals through her writing. I'm sure animal lovers will be glad to read this book.
Gayatri Tripathi
Favorite Book: E M P Honeymoon
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gayatri-tripathi.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 13%

Post by Gayatri Tripathi »

It's heartwarming to hear about Ilona Benzel's genuine connection with the dogs she encountered during her time as an animal control officer. Her ability to communicate with them, as well as her dedication to their well-being, shines through in every anecdote shared in "All For The Love of Dogs." I especially appreciated the insight into her favorite companion, Kai, and the occasional peek into the dogs' perspectives, adding an extra layer of charm to the narrative. This book seems like a must-read for not only animal lovers but also those looking to understand the profound bond between humans and their furry friends. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it!
Mayang Bature
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: On the Precipice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 308
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas
2024 Reading Goal: 200
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Mayang Bature »

The author clearly has a love for dogs and her behavior proves that. I think animal owners can learn a thing or two from Ilona's story about how these animals can be a blessing in a person's life. Congrats on botd!!
As long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will always exist.

~Uchiha M.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Severed Roots
Bookshelf Size: 1026
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I think that it’s a really good thing for Ms. Benzel to be able to communicate with dogs and put them at ease. I hope she can save several. Congratulations on BOTD!
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Gateway to Vallis by SK Wee

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

I'm not a fan of Dogs, I've never be and I don't think I will ever be one. I think the main reason I don't like them is because of their barking. I feel like they have no right to bark at me and made me feel pressured, yet they do. To me, it feels like a disrespect!
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 214
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

I’m looking forward to digging Todd novel to be amazed at how Ilona’s special relationship with all the dogs she took under her care and her interactions with her favorite German shepherd Kai.
sanjeev maurya
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjeev-maurya.html
Latest Review: Posthumous Remorse by Shepperd Rourke

Post by sanjeev maurya »

Thank you for sharing your heartfelt review of "All For The Love of Dogs" by Ilona Benzel. Your passion for dogs and appreciation for Benzel's work are evident in your words. It sounds like a touching and meaningful read, especially for those who share your love for our furry companions.

Benzel's ability to connect with the dogs she rescued, as well as her dedication to their well-being, must make for a compelling narrative. The fact that she shared her experiences with such honesty and depth, including the highs and lows of her journey, adds a poignant and relatable aspect to the book.

I'm intrigued by the way Benzel occasionally wrote in the voice of the dogs, offering a unique perspective on their thoughts and feelings. It's wonderful to hear that the book was professionally edited, and that any errors didn't detract from your enjoyment.

Your review has definitely sparked my interest in reading "All For The Love of Dogs." I look forward to immersing myself in Benzel's world and learning more about her incredible bond with these animals. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences with this book!
Sarvesh J Yadav
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarvesh-j-yadav.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera

Post by Sarvesh J Yadav »

Written by an ex-Animal Control Officer (ACO), the book gives the audience the opportunity to view the often unseen life of animal shelters and rescue missions from an insider`s perspective. is a compilation of vignettes and tales from the author's work in animal control at the local pound in New Hampshire.
Naushin Moledina
Favorite Book: The Canterville Ghost
Currently Reading: Boundaries
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naushin-moledina.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 23%

Post by Naushin Moledina »

"All For The Love of Dogs" by Ilona Benzel chronicles her experiences as an animal control officer, sharing stories of dogs she encountered. Benzel's heartfelt narrative details her bond with each dog, including moments of loss and connection. The book, well-edited and engaging, receives a 5-star rating, perfect for dog lovers and animal enthusiasts. This is a very informative and honest review. Thank you.
To hate is an easy lazy thing, but to love takes strength everyone has, but not all are willing to practice
Khushi Yadav 8
Favorite Book: The Unfakeable Code®
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khushi-yadav-8.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by Khushi Yadav 8 »

Who doesn't loves the dog. They are sweet, loyal, caring. I loved the review of the book. How she told about every dog she met and named them, gave them identity. The only I did not like was how can someone has a favourite dog, they are all so cute and loyal. But overall I really appreciate the writing about dogs. :tiphat:
Stephen Christopher 1
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Hunger of the Pine
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

I love dogs, so this book is perfect for me. Ilona seems to have a gift for communicating with them, and I'm going to enjoy the 'dog's point of view' section the most I'm sure.
Ram Sahni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-sahni.html
Latest Review: Fouling in Business and College Athletics by Gonzalo Fernandez

Post by Ram Sahni »

"All for the Love of Dog" is different from other documentary films because it is the story of an ex-animal control officer, Ilona Benzel, as told by him or her. Such a collection of stories could be a depiction of the hurdles and triumphs that Benzel had to undergo while working with animals in a shelter and fostering dogs.
Asher88
Currently Reading: A Court at Constantinople
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Asher88 »

The author of the book expresses her love for dogs and owned six of them. She also explains on how to nature and select a good vet for dogs. Very interesting piece on dogs.
Asher88
Currently Reading: A Court at Constantinople
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Asher88 »

The author of the book expresses her love for dogs and owned six of them. She also explains on how to nature and select a good vet for dogs. Very interesting piece on dogs.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”