Review of Happiness and Survival

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Victoria Ukamaka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Re: Review of Happiness and Survival

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

Gebelein's courage to challenge conventional wisdom and embrace his unconventional path to happiness is truly inspiring. His candid discussion of ego, spirituality, and psychotherapy offers a refreshingly different perspective on self-improvement that encourages readers to question societal norms and discover their own truth.
Merits Anih
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-merits-anih.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Merits Anih »

Through his personal experiences and philosophical musings, Gebelein presents a thought-provoking alternative to the mainstream views on happiness and survival. His rejection of warfare and dedication to the greater good of humanity are admirable principles that shape his unique outlook on life.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Severed Roots
Bookshelf Size: 1026
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

It sounds like Mr. Gebelein has some good ideas. We all have our own opinions about life and therapy, but this book really provides food for thought. Congratulations on BOTD!
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: The Bowhunter by Norbert Negron

Post by Salome Ogani »

While Gebelein's ideas may diverge from commonly accepted norms, his willingness to question established beliefs and offer an alternative viewpoint is a testament to his intellectual depth. The book is a must-read for anyone seeking a fresh perspective on personal development and the pursuit of happiness.
azza lia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azza-lia.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by azza lia »

What brings one person happiness may not work the same way for someone else. In this book, the author showcases a lot of new perspective and valuable insights of personal well being and self development.alternative idea of discovering our own philosophy and not relying on societal norms is indeed something to think about. Great review!
Azi Joseph
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azi-joseph.html
Latest Review: Living a Life in Balance by Abdullah Boulad

Post by Azi Joseph »

*Happiness and Survival* by Bob Gebelein. Thanks to the author for taking out his time to write this book to encourage more readers about discovering oneself philosophy. I love reading reviews like yours Mr Robert Andrew, you have written this review well explained to it New readers to experience and to encouragement readers before or after chosing the book for Read congratulations on your BOTD
Misael Carlos
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 214
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

I’m looking forward to digging into this book to find out what the author has to say about ego, spirituality, and psychotherapy and what he has to offer regarding his fresh perspective on self-improvement.
Mayang Bature
Favorite Book: On the Precipice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 308
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas
2024 Reading Goal: 200
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Mayang Bature »

I fancy the idea of challenging popular beliefs to achieve that point of personal happiness. That shows the importance of personal growth in many facets of a person's being. Congrats on botd!!
As long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will always exist.

~Uchiha M.
Deborah Belanger
Currently Reading: The Bulletproof Missionary
Bookshelf Size: 231
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Deborah Belanger »

Thank you for your great review on "Happiness and Survival" by Bob Gebelein. The author's candid discussion of ego, spirituality, and psychotherapy offers a fresh perspective on self-improvement. His dedication to truth, rejection of warfare, and commitment to the greater good of humanity are admirable principles that have shaped his life. This book seems a little deeper than what I want to read right now so I am going to pass on this one at this time. Still, congratulations to the author for BOTD.
Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirley-ann-riddern-labzentis.html
Latest Review: A Summer with the Hermit King by William Todd
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 96%

Post by Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis »

Thank you for the great review. I normally do not like to read books on philosophy, but according to your review, the author also goes into dreams and your sub-conscience mind. I am very interested in learning about that, so I think that I will pick this book up and give it a go.
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know which one you are going to get!"
Gayatri Tripathi
Favorite Book: E M P Honeymoon
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gayatri-tripathi.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 13%

Post by Gayatri Tripathi »

Thank you for sharing your insightful reflections on "Happiness and Survival." It's truly inspiring to see how the author's personal philosophy and experiences have led him to challenge societal norms and embrace a path to happiness that resonates with his inner truth. Your agreement with the author's perspective on the importance of self-discovery and questioning the status quo highlights the transformative power of introspection and open-mindedness. I agree that incorporating alternative viewpoints, like those presented by Bob Gebelein, into psychology curricula could enrich students' understanding of happiness and personal development. Overall, your review beautifully captures the essence of the book and its valuable lessons.
Boruna chakravarti
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Boruna chakravarti »

"Happiness and Survival" by Bob Gebelein is a very compelling book. It questions from everything to anything, be it either the authoritarian establishment or the hippie spirituality and the physicalism ignorance. It is a book that makes you introspect the "self". A very special book.
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 562
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Sirajuddin A »

The topics discussed in this book offer an enlightened perspective on psychotherapy and personal development, and the author's personal experience that explores the aspects that matter to life seems worth reading.
_Rhea Jacob
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhea-jacob.html
Latest Review: Shades of My Mother by Nancy Descoteaux Culos

Post by _Rhea Jacob »

It looks like an interesting philosophical book that also combines some aspects of psychology and the author's experiences. However, I will be skipping the book for now. Thank you for your review!
Anusha Thatavarthi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anusha-thatavarthi.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Anusha Thatavarthi »

"Bob Gebelein's 'Happiness and Survival' offers a refreshing take on life, urging readers to question societal norms and discover their own path to happiness. Through personal stories and insights, Gebelein challenges conventional beliefs on ego, spirituality, and psychotherapy, emphasizing the importance of individual exploration.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”