Review of More Than Words

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 349
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: Quest: Finding Freddie by Thomas Richard Spradlin
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Re: Review of More Than Words

Post by Diana Lowery »

Umesh Bhatt wrote: 30 Jul 2023, 01:25 A well written review. After going through the review I feel to go through the book. I am excited to see how 'words make difference'.
I hope reading the book makes a difference for you.
Diana Lowery

Post by Diana Lowery »

Debbie Atoyebi wrote: 25 Jul 2023, 16:08 This book caught my attention. You're right, the heart-shaped O is cute. I'm adding this book to my shelf, it's a must-read. Amazing review.
I am a sucker for cute covers.
Diana Lowery

Post by Diana Lowery »

Gabriela Aranda wrote: 28 Jul 2023, 01:09 I really enjoyed the detailed review makes me want to read right away.
Thank you so much. I appreciate your taking the time to read my review and leave a comment.
Diana Lowery

Post by Diana Lowery »

Ajiferuke Ajibola wrote: 28 Jul 2023, 14:46 A book so organized, informative, and captivating. I am certain that any individual that desires to win with people will benefit from the book. Thanks for your amazing review.
Thanks for your amazing comment.
Kirandeep 123
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kirandeep 123 »

More Than Words" by Carrie Fox seems like an eye-opening read, challenging misconceptions about social impact communication and advocating for misrepresented individuals. This sure looks like an important read. I agree with you, the cover was cute. That heart really made a big difference in making it more attractive.
Humayun1984
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Humayun1984 »

I have read and reviewed the first book and agree about your observations . I am sure I will enjoy this second book. Thanks for your review.
Kebun Bunga
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kebun-bunga.html
Latest Review: Telling Your Story, Developing Your Brand by Henry Wong

Post by Kebun Bunga »

This review of "More Than Words" by Carrie Fox showcases the reader's initial misconceptions about the book's subject matter, which were pleasantly overturned during their reading. The reviewer admires the captivating cover design and finds the book well-organized, comparing it to a compelling PowerPoint presentation. They highlight Carrie Fox's advocacy for misrepresented individuals and her expertise in teaching effective communication, especially for non-profits to secure funding. The reviewer appreciates the valuable lessons on using language sensitively and feels motivated to be more mindful of their words. They praise the flawless editing and rate the book with five stars, recommending it to anyone in need of enhancing their communication skills. Overall, the review effectively conveys the book's impact and highlights its value to a diverse audience.
Sincerely,
Sondang :tiphat:
Diana Lowery

Post by Diana Lowery »

Kebun Bunga wrote: 01 Aug 2023, 03:05 This review of "More Than Words" by Carrie Fox showcases the reader's initial misconceptions about the book's subject matter, which were pleasantly overturned during their reading. The reviewer admires the captivating cover design and finds the book well-organized, comparing it to a compelling PowerPoint presentation. They highlight Carrie Fox's advocacy for misrepresented individuals and her expertise in teaching effective communication, especially for non-profits to secure funding. The reviewer appreciates the valuable lessons on using language sensitively and feels motivated to be more mindful of their words. They praise the flawless editing and rate the book with five stars, recommending it to anyone in need of enhancing their communication skills. Overall, the review effectively conveys the book's impact and highlights its value to a diverse audience.
Thank you for the review of my review. It was eye-opening.
avaregidor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by avaregidor »

I've learned some valuable lessons about communication. I agree that words have a lot of power and influence, and we should be mindful of how we use them.
A
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

This is a helpful and positive review that provides an insightful overview of the book "More Than Words" by Carrie Fox. The reviewer praises the organization and presentation of the book, highlighting its value for both corporate leaders and a general audience. The anecdotes and practices shared by Fox are seen as informative, motivating the reviewer to reconsider their own language choices. The review suggests that the book is a valuable addition to anyone's library, particularly for those whose occupation requires effective communication. It is likely to motivate others to buy and explore the concepts presented in the book.
Donaking
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Donaking »

Based on the review, it appears that "More Than Words" by Carrie Fox is a valuable and impactful book. The reviewer praises the organization and clarity of the text, comparing it to a powerful keynote presentation. The book is described as interesting, informative, and transformative, with valuable lessons on effective communication and avoiding offensive language. The reviewer gives it a five-star rating and recommends it to anyone in a role that requires effective communication. Overall, the book seems to be a good read for those looking to improve their communication skills.
Olivier Muhammad
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olivier-muhammad.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Olivier Muhammad »

Based on the review, it seems like "More Than Words" by Carrie Fox is an interesting and valuable read for anyone in a leadership role or involved in effective communication. The book offers practical practices and strategies for social impact communication in the non-profit sector. The reviewer found the presentation of the book to be perfect, with flawless editing. Overall, it received a five-star rating and is recommended for anyone looking to improve their communication skills. Intricate plot, expertly woven and layered.
Joshua Sawders
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshua-sawders.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Joshua Sawders »

Well, darlin', this review sure got me intrigued about this book, More Than Words! It seems like Carrie Fox knows her stuff when it comes to communication and making a social impact. The organization of the book and the anecdotes shared make it a compelling read for anyone, not just corporate folks. I reckon I'll be mindful of the words I use from now on. Overall, this review gives it a solid five stars, so I reckon it's worth pickin' up if you wanna improve your communication skills. Y'all won't regret it! Intriguing mystery, kept me guessing until the end.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”