Official Review: Leadership by Craig B. Whelden

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1947
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Official Review: Leadership by Craig B. Whelden

Post by Surabhi Rani »

I like the idea of an 'autobiographical guide' as mentioned in Official Review: Leadership by Craig B. Whelden, for sake of writing! Nice to learn that the book contains nuggets of insights that teach us about dealing with crises! The fact that the autobiography related to military life is well-written and employs a straightforward language draws the attention of readers!
cindyr2416
Favorite Book: Ironbark Hill
Currently Reading: Parkhurst tales
Bookshelf Size: 676
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cindyr2416.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by cindyr2416 »

Good review. I think this would give me some good insight on how to boost my leadership skills. I’m always looking for new methods. I will add this to my list of must reads.
InStoree
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-instoree.html
Latest Review: The Mermaid Broker by Sue Hinkin

Post by InStoree »

I'm glad the author uses his solid military background to share his wisdom. Leadership qualities could be useful not only in a working environment but also apply them in our daily routine. The subtitle, The Art of Inspiring People to Be Their Best, is what actually attracted me - this must be a challenging task. Congratulations on your excellent review, and thank you for the recommendation!
Love is the only power out there that trumps hatred, grief, sadness, or anger.
~Tayma Tameem
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

This book is filled with practical wisdom and insights about developing as a leader. I like the book because it provides lots of tools and lessons that I can put to use to grow my leadership skills. I wondered if the book might be useful only to those in military environments and was pleasantly surprised to learn that the lessons are just as applicable anywhere.
TheTrueNyree
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thetruenyree.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by TheTrueNyree »

This does sound like it is well written. Looking back in his life in the marines will be captivating. Good leadership is so important. And a lot of us are thrown into the role with actually having the title. Like myself I am always willing to take lead to get something done, I dont need to asked. I dont read memoirs but I can tell this is an good one. Congratulations on BOTD.
biblichore_pages
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-biblichore-pages.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by biblichore_pages »

Looks like this book contains a lot of knowledge and lessons. Nice review.
ArisRose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by ArisRose »

I strongly agree with the first paragraph, in that I, too, felt the strength of the wisdom in this book immediately.
While I have not yet read the book itself, I look forward to the entertaining tale of this man's experiences. My attention has been grabbed by journals of those effected by the war but never a man in the action.
I recently got a promotion so I will read this book with haste, now assured of it's wisdom.
The honest description of this review leads me to believe the highlights weren't exaggerated.
Thank you :tiphat:
Washboard
Currently Reading: Murdered
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-washboard.html
Latest Review: The Sunken Forest by R. Barber Anderson

Post by Washboard »

I am curious to see if the author addresses different types of leadership outside of the military and cooperations too. There are so many different ways to lead in different contexts! Great review!
“Perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as to be understood.” ― George Orwell, 1984.
Nonso Samuelson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonso-samuelson.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Nonso Samuelson »

When a Major General writes a book on leadership, you are bound to be exposed to some serious bouts of leadership knowledge. I think this book would be a fascinating and inspiring read. Thanks for this review.
Hester3
Currently Reading: I Will Make of Thee a Great Nation
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hester3.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by Hester3 »

Thanks for the review, what a privilege to be able to learn from someone with that much experience and knowledge. I especially like it when an author makes their lessons personal.
Nicole_Boyd
Currently Reading: A Captive in Algiers
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicole-boyd.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Nicole_Boyd »

A book about his to be a great leader. I think this book will be very helpful as I work to grow my jewelry brand. Congrats on BOTD!
prathyusha11
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by prathyusha11 »

Never read such a book on leadership. This book is absolutely amazing for leadership skills, the do's and don't of being a leader, this book provides lot of teachings and learnings from success and failure of author's personal life , examples of how a leader should perform in a team. Best book for teenagers and young level managers.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

Thanks for the review. I did notice the straightforward tone the author used. In addition to being a guide, it is good to know this is an engaging tale as well.
Prudence Emillian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerrypru.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Prudence Emillian »

It is very wonderful that the biography enables us learn fascinating things about the U.S army and the U.S Marine Corps. It is also inspiring that Craig is not only a leader but a great teacher too. This is a great book for those aspiring to be leaders. I have to say, this review is interesting and exciting.
Official_Sammie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-official-sammie.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by Official_Sammie »

Beautiful one from the author, a very good storyteller. Inspirational book like this one life my spirit high. Leadership skills is important for everyone. I really love this book and would want to read it. Nice Review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”