Official Review: Nadeems journey by Sherine Anniruth

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ika Apro
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: Hattie's World by Thomas Bauer

Re: Official Review: Nadeems journey by Sherine Anniruth

Post by Ika Apro »

I always get sad when anyone mentions they have cancer, and it is almost always the pure-hearted loving people. Lately, there has been more instances as such. I am deeply sorry for the author for the loss of her son, and congratulate her that she has experienced having such an amazing son.
Chinazo Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Cusick by Philip Amortila

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

It's heartbreaking to lose a child. I applaud the author's courage in sharing the story of her son with the world. However, I don't read nonfiction, so I'll pass on this book.
MMcB
Favorite Book: Island of Missing Trees
Currently Reading: The Elephant(s) in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmcb.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by MMcB »

The non-fiction book, Nadeem’s Journey: A Heart Wrenching Story of a Loving Mother Losing Her Son to Cancer by Sherine Anniruth recounts the story of Nadeem and his life cut short by cancer. It seems the care given him was inadequate so he succumbed to the disease rather than living just a bit longer. Who knows what he might have accomplished? However, he did accomplish a lot just by being his brilliant, loving self. Once diagnosed with cancer he faced his future with fortitude and grace. His mother wrote this book so he would not be forgotten and so others can benefit from his entire story. I am so sorry for your loss, Sherine Anniruth. Thank you for having the generous spirit that allows you to tell the story of your remarkable son.
If you're going through hell, keep going.
~ Sir Winston Churchill
Patel Khushi Manishbhai
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Markus Zusak
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: To the Lighthouse
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patel-khushi-manishbhai.html
Latest Review: Novembers by Norman Cristofoli
fav_author_id: 2540

Post by Patel Khushi Manishbhai »

Everyone in this world is breathing borrowed air.

Rachael Lippincott, Five Feet Apart

This is really lovely. Nadeem was sadly removed from our world far too soon. His mother, though, is preserving his memory. I'm grateful that she invested the time to compose this book. I appreciate your review. What a beautiful way for those who cared about Nadeem to honor his journey. Additionally, I hope that this book even somewhat lessens the possibility of future medical negligence lawsuits.
Ni_weh_sesh62
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 702
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 71%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

“Nadeem’s Journey: A Heart Wrenching Story of a Loving Mother Losing Her Son to Cancer” by Sherine Anniruth is a story of joy and sadness. Nadeem was born to Sherine, a 22-year-old single mother who lived with her mom. Nadeem was a very smart and talented boy that excelled in school, soccer and cricket. His brother Darshan was born when he was eight and he was very protective and a caring big brother. Mom married Vinash after Darshan was born. The sample ends when Nadeem is nine so he was a healthy boy and he had not yet been diagnosed with cancer. Nadeem gave his mom so much joy and sadly he died at age 25. I am looking forward to reading the remaining chapters even though the years of cancer treatment are a very sad time for Nadeem and Sherine. Nadeem received so much love and support from his family, friends and colleagues. A very good review.
Uma gupta
Currently Reading: Broken Faith
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uma-gupta.html
Latest Review: The Employee Millionaire by H. J. Chammas
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Post by Uma gupta »

This heartfelt review of "Nadeem’s Journey" beautifully captures the essence of the book's emotional depth and profound message of love and resilience. The reader's admiration for Nadeem's courage and the author's poignant storytelling is evident, making it a compelling recommendation for fans of nonfiction seeking inspiration and solace
Alissa Deann Devargas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

Sad fictional stories like this remind me of how wicked cancer is. Nadeem is an inspiring character with qualities that are worthy to learn from. If only he had not died.
Marand Ashish
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marand-ashish.html
Latest Review: The Struggle for Justice and Truth by Tomas Cudzis
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 12%

Post by Marand Ashish »

"NADEEM'S JOURNEY" is a profoundly moving tale of love, loss, and legacy. Sherine Anniruth shares her son's brave battle with cancer, offering a raw and touching tribute that resonates with any reader's heart. A must-read for its deep emotional impact.
Priyankan Nayak
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankan-nayak.html
Latest Review: The Warrior's Meditation by Richard L Haight
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 173%

Post by Priyankan Nayak »

"Nadeem's Journey" by Sherine Anniruth is a book in the non-fiction genre. The author shares her grief with us about her son who was diagnosed with cancer in 2015. The book delivers a powerful lesson that we all must learn. The review is also very good. Congratulations on the BOTD award.
Ramadevi Tatavarthi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ramadevi-tatavarthi.html
Latest Review: The Power of Conscious Connection by Talia Fox

Post by Ramadevi Tatavarthi »

Nadeem’s Journey sounds incredibly touching and heartfelt. Losing a child to cancer must be incredibly tough. Sherine Anniruth must have poured her heart into this book. It sounds like a powerful tribute to Nadeem's strength and spirit.
Lunar gate
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunar-gate.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Lunar gate »

Nadeem lived a full life marked by his resilience in battling cancer, academic and athletic achievements, hard work, and gratitude towards his mother. Tragically, he passed away at the age of 25. His mother penned this tribute in his honor. #BOTD.I appreciate your positive feedback!
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 586
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

A lovely tribute of a mother to her son who passed away because of cancer. Those who have experience of losing loved ones will find this book relatable and the health workers will be able to have deeper understanding of how significant their roles are in patients' life. Congratulations for being the #botd.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Abiodunakinola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Post by Abiodunakinola »

This book is a poignant memoir that chronicles the remarkable life of Nadeem Rajah and his courageous battle against cancer. Through vivid storytelling, Anniruth captures the essence of Nadeem's character and the unwavering love and support of his family, friends, and colleagues, while also shedding light on the harsh realities of negligence in healthcare systems. Nice review.
Malleswararao Dasari
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malleswararao-dasari.html
Latest Review: Spirituality In Practice by Dr. Krishnamoorthy (Subbu) Subramanian

Post by Malleswararao Dasari »

"Nadeem’s Journey" by Sherine Anniruth seems like a poignant account of a mother's love and her son's battle with cancer. It's touching to read how Nadeem's resilience and spirit touched those around him. I'm drawn to the strength and love portrayed in this nonfiction narrative.
Cristina Corui Mihailescu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Christine M. Whitehead
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Once Upon A Time In Afghanistan
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-corui-mihailescu.html
Latest Review: What is Autism? by Damien Rist
fav_author_id: 8698

Post by Cristina Corui Mihailescu »

Well- written book, but too painful for me to read it. Thanks for the honest review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”