Official Review: Say My Name by Vickey Robinson

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Namra Shaikh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-namra-shaikh.html
Latest Review: Purpose by Gina Bianchini

Re: Official Review: Say My Name by Vickey Robinson

Post by Namra Shaikh »

This book deeply explains the problems of black people.It is very hurting that people still do partiality even when we all are humans.It described the rules chnaged by every president.
Abdulsabur Aisha
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abu-aisha1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Abdulsabur Aisha »

Not many authors could write on a topic as sensitive as this. I commend Vicky Robinson for her courage. Again, I think the poetry and pictures in the book would add to its enjoyment. Congrats on #BOTD!
Anil G
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-g.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Anil G »

I already bought this book to read, just because to know the thoughts and opinions of the Black Women. Being known as a Black person is itself a racist thing. I believe most of the people will open their eyes and see that we all are just Humans.
A great author communicates to readers through books. - Anil Gupta
Nicholas Bush
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholas-bush.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Nicholas Bush »

Sometimes I wander what would be the cause of racism in this world and especially america. However, I would love to read this book as it contains a good interesting theme. Congrats on BOTD.
Dianë Godwill
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dian-godwill.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Dianë Godwill »

This book is an interesting read. The plot is very sensitive. Congrats on making it to the book of the day.
Sameena Ansari
Favorite Book: Dracula
Currently Reading: Losing Hope
Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by Sameena Ansari »

Vickey Robinson's Say My Name paints a vivid picture of Black American history, garnished with poetry and powerful imagery. Her concerns about inequality are palpable, making me curious to delve into this book.
Cynthia Odinaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-odinaka.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Cynthia Odinaka »

This is a very sensitive story the requires deep attention and concentration when reading . It centers on racism and inequality that somehow still exists between the white Americans and the black Americans. This text showcases the disciplined consistences of a person .
An excellent review. :)
Boluwatife Ade Aderogbin
Favorite Book: The Inner CEO
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boluwatife-ade-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 4%

Post by Boluwatife Ade Aderogbin »

The author brings into light different aspects and experiences of blacks: they have been through a lot. The History of Blacks in America is well presented. Blacks should be allowed to live and enjoy all civil services.
Anusha Thatavarthi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anusha-thatavarthi.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Anusha Thatavarthi »

As a non-American, I don't know much about Black history, but am very interested to learn. This book seems perfect for that. Thanks for the amazing review.
RutvikPatel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rutvikpatel.html
Latest Review: The River of Cheese by Amanda Jane Lowles

Post by RutvikPatel »

The review of "Say My Name: Thoughts Of One Black Woman" praises Vickey Robinson's honest portrayal of Black American history, appreciates the inclusion of visuals and poetry, empathizes with the author's concerns about unequal opportunities, and encourages readers to explore these perspectives before forming their own opinions.
SophiaNd
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophiand.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by SophiaNd »

I'm tempted to answer some of the questions asked without having read the book, because the discrimination now almost seems like a second nature. This is a beautiful review. Congratulations on BOTD.
LORDSHIP ALEX
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lordship-alex.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by LORDSHIP ALEX »

I believe Vickey Robinson's work is one of the most needed resources that could help inform and educate about Black Americans' journey toward equality and a better life. The inclusion of pictures that very well complement the narrative has lured me into wanting to read it. Books like Robinson's are a rare find for people seeking to know more about black Americans' struggles through the centuries. From Bertha's very well-constructed review, I believe it's a masterpiece for anyone from any race seeking enlightenment about a people who have endured untold suffering and inequality but still keep on to have hope for a better life.
LORDSHIP ALEX
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lordship-alex.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by LORDSHIP ALEX »

I believe Vickey Robinson's work is one of the most needed resources that could help inform and educate about Black Americans' journey toward equality and a better life. The inclusion of pictures that very well complement the narrative has lured me into wanting to read it. Books like Robinson's are a rare find for people seeking to know more about black Americans' struggles through the centuries. From Bertha's very well-constructed review, I believe it's a masterpiece for anyone from any race seeking enlightenment about a people who have endured untold suffering and inequality but still keep on to have hope for a better life.
Atieno Magero
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Atieno Magero »

Say My Name is a resourceful and insightful book about the authors views on black lives in America. The book seems well researched and I like that the author backed up her views with facts. I like that the book also has pictures and poetry. Congratulations on making book of the day!
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Healing Wounds of the Soul by Elizabeth Campos

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

"Say My Name" by Vickey Robinson looks rich with its contents that details the author's opinion on black lives in America, Covid -19 and atrocities against the black. I will consider reading as a black person.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”