Official Review: Beyond the Golden Door by Ali Master

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emma Jane Grey
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: Transforming Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
Bookshelf Size: 774
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emma-jane-grey.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Re: Official Review: Beyond the Golden Door by Ali Master

Post by Emma Jane Grey »

I think this will probably resonate best with an American audience so I might give it a miss, but congrats on BOTD :)
:reading-4:

Emma (she/her)

“… it is enough to exist in the world and marvel at it. You don’t need to justify that, or earn it. You are allowed to just live. That is all most animals do.” ~ Becky Chambers, A Psalm for the Wild-Built
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Singularity by Jayme A. Oliveira Filho

Post by Huini Hellen »

Master's reflection of stereotypes associated with the US is amusing, especially in regards to the promiscuity associated with Texas women. I can't wait to read about what he eventually finds out as the truth. Thanks for the review.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Neha Panikar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neha-panikar.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Neha Panikar »

Seems like an inspiring story that relate to the "big American dream" that every foreigner immigrating to the USA has! I like that the story is well-narrated, with humor balancing the tragic phases of the journey. Thankuou for the review!!
Vinayak karekar
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: The Unfakeable Code®
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Vinayak karekar »

this book is well written and easy to read, if you read this book you will be educated and inspired by your own life
i don't know what to expect when when i started reading Ali's story, but i'm better for having entered the pages of his life journey.

i read it with an open mind and enjoyed it very much.
Priyankan Nayak
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankan-nayak.html
Latest Review: The Warrior's Meditation by Richard L Haight
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 166%

Post by Priyankan Nayak »

"Beyond the Golden Door" by Ali Master talks about his journey as a Pakistani Muslim who immigrated to the US to attend college and find love, faith, and freedom. The reviewer has done well in detailing the storyline, whether the book contains profanity or not, and whether it is professionally edited or not. A great book that may change perspectives.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: Miracle Man by Dr. Dave Ferruolo

Post by Veronica Hunter »

Ali Master's book is a heartfelt reminder that being American is indeed a state of mind, beautifully showcasing the power of unity, understanding, and the pursuit of the American Dream.
Teen Voguehub 1
Currently Reading: The Message?: A thinking thriller about change and choice
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teen-voguehub-1.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
2024 Reading Goal: 300
2024 Goal Completion: 2%

Post by Teen Voguehub 1 »

"Beyond the Golden Door" appears to be a compelling and thought-provoking narrative that delves into themes such as immigration, identity, and the pursuit of the American Dream. Through its exploration of the complexities of the immigrant experience, it promises to be an engaging and worthwhile read, offering insights into cultural adaptation, resilience, and the human spirit.
Sameeha Ismail
Currently Reading: Jane Austen at Home
Bookshelf Size: 232
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sameeha-ismail.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Sameeha Ismail »

Thank you for your humorous review of "Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream through an Immigrant's Eyes" by Ali Master. From the quotations you've pointed, it's easy to see the narrative was engaging. It seems Master's ability to blend humor with deeper reflections is his book's highlight.
One book, printed in the heart's own wax Is worth a thousand in the stacks.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Velocious Evolution by Ron Saetermoe

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

"Beyond the Golden Door" is not just a memoir; it's a profound exploration of shared values and freedoms that transcend ethnic and religious boundaries, a testament to Master's skillful storytelling.
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 586
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

I have read a few books by Asian immigrants about their view of America but havent from Pakistani. Im adding this to my list because Im dying to know what makes him the author staying there for thirty two years. Those who love adventures and non fiction read, please add this to your tbr list.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3095
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Kibet Hillary »

I am glad to see the author describe what not only are the ideals that unite and need to be the factors that unite Americans, but humanity as a whole. The addition of contemplative questions is also a nice addition to the book. This is definitely worth reading as there is much to be learned. Thanks for the review.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Ika Apro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: Hattie's World by Thomas Bauer

Post by Ika Apro »

I love memoirs because of how all-containing they are. This book has a very interesting plot on behalf of Ali's migration and his religious journey. I will read this book with great pleasure.
dorisnyaga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by dorisnyaga »

A combination of love family religion and stereotypical assumption in the same story must be amusing. Ali Master explains the life of an immigrant much of it appreciating the life an American gets to enjoy, the values and freedom and not about ethnicity or akin color. I would love to get a copy of this book.
Lunar gate
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunar-gate.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Lunar gate »

What I like about Ali Master's book "Beyond the Golden Door" is how he shares his immigrant journey to the US, emphasizing that being American is about shared values and freedoms. The book covers topics such as growing up in Pakistan, culture shock, American freedoms, and spiritual journey. Master's storytelling style is engaging and humorous, making it an inspirational story that appeals to a wide range of readers.
Sakshi Bhageria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakshi-bhageria.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Sakshi Bhageria »

The book goes into detail about the experience of an immigrant, from the situations that lead one to move, to banishing stereotypes, experiencing freedom and more. The peek it allows at the author's journey makes it worth the read!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”