Official Review: Beyond the Golden Door by Ali Master

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anusha Thatavarthi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anusha-thatavarthi.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Re: Official Review: Beyond the Golden Door by Ali Master

Post by Anusha Thatavarthi »

"Beyond the Golden Door" by Ali Master recounts his 32-year journey as a Pakistani Muslim in the U.S., emphasizing shared values over ethnicity. The book explores themes of love, family, faith, culture shock, and American freedoms.
Anu Anand
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-anand.html
Latest Review: The Fate of AI Society by Kenneth Hamer-Hodges

Post by Anu Anand »

Beyond the Golden Door beautifully captures Ali Master's immigrant journey, emphasizing America as a state of mind, not just ethnicity. Engaging storytelling and insightful reflections make it a must-read for those valuing shared values and freedom. Congrats on BOTD!
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 700
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 71%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Kigen Valarie, I really like the comments you posted about the BOTD Beyond the Golden Door. Seeing America from the eyes of an immigrant makes me proud to be an American but it upsets me to see how too many Americans discriminate against immigrants today. We all came from immigrant families, people that were looking for a better life for their families. Immigration policy reform is needed but it should not stop immigrants that are looking for a better life for their families today. This is a wonderful book that I am currently reading. @Mrlefty0706
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

Master's storytelling style is a standout for me. From explaining Pakistani customs to sharing his spiritual journey, his writing is consistently engaging. The humor in his preconceived notions of Americans, including the amusing Texan stereotypes, adds a delightful touch to the narrative.
Ejimma Chika Promise
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejimma-chika-promise.html
Latest Review: Happiness to the 10th Power by T. Calvin Ward

Post by Ejimma Chika Promise »

I think that sometimes the reason why countries fight one another is because of the wrong mentality of hatred. I like that the author through his book can correct such mentality. Nice review!
Sameena Ansari
Favorite Book: Dracula
Currently Reading: Losing Hope
Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by Sameena Ansari »

"Beyond the Golden Door" by Ali Master beckons with its poignant exploration of identity and belonging. Master's blend of heartfelt storytelling and cultural insights paints a vivid picture of his immigrant experience.
Yvonne Oloo
Currently Reading: Angel Falling
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-oloo.html
Latest Review: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking) by Elizabeth Moore Kraus

Post by Yvonne Oloo »

Thank you for the excellent review. Several aspects piqued my interest in reading the book. I appreciate the author's unique perspective on the American Dream from an immigrant's point of view, especially considering his 32 years of experience in this 'land of opportunity.' I am curious to learn about the five American values that impacted the author's life. Additionally, exploring his background may provide valuable insights into life within a Muslim community. Overall, this book seems like a compelling read to me
Chad Anthony
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Chad Anthony »

The book's thematic journey, covering love, family, faith, failure, and redemption, is intriguing. Master's honest storytelling, especially about stereotypes and culture shock, adds depth. I'm drawn to his exploration of American freedoms and contemplative questions in the later parts.
Bithiah
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Mitzi Perdue
Currently Reading: A God-Balanced Life
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bithiah.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
fav_author_id: 240516

Post by Bithiah »

Ali Master writes about his experience as a Muslim Pakistani who moves to the US for college and discovers freedom, love, and faith in Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream through an Immigrant's Eyes. I believe reading about this and discovering more about their culture would be fascinating. Looks like a really interesting book. A copy of this would be greatly appreciated. The review is written with great skill. congratulations to the writer on BOTD.
Black Indigo
Currently Reading: Relieved
Bookshelf Size: 645
2024 Reading Goal: 40
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Black Indigo »

This review is insightful, and I look forward to reading Master's perception of the American Dream and his faith journey. Thank you for the review.
Omobolanle Savage
Currently Reading: Words of Weedsdom
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

I love how Master beautifully captures the essence of the American Dream through his unique immigrant perspective. His emphasis on shared values and freedoms resonates, making me eager to explore his journey in "Beyond the Golden Door."
Martina Sette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-sette.html
Latest Review: Tour of Duty by William H. Coles
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 153%

Post by Martina Sette »

I think in this book, the author provides a compelling narrative of his American journey, weaving humor, cultural insights, and personal growth. His perspective on the American Dream is very interesting.
grace ruhara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-ruhara.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by grace ruhara »

Through Ali Master's story, other immigrants from other countries will have a different perception about America, as his story demistify the stereotypes that the immigrants believe to be true
Shashi Pratap Singh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shashi-pratap-singh.html
Latest Review: Telling Your Story, Developing Your Brand by Henry Wong

Post by Shashi Pratap Singh »

"Beyond the Golden Door" by Ali Master resonates deeply with its exploration of identity, resilience, and the pursuit of the American dream. Master's ability to intricately weave the immigrant experience into a universal narrative is truly commendable. The characters' struggles and triumphs offer a poignant reflection on the complexities of cultural identity, making it a thought-provoking and emotionally resonant read. The book not only tells a compelling story but also serves as a mirror reflecting societal issues, fostering a profound connection with readers. Master's storytelling prowess, coupled with a deliberate pacing that enhances depth, makes "Beyond the Golden Door" a meaningful and insightful exploration of the human spirit in the face of adversity.
Mercy Wambui Ndungu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-wambui-ndungu.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Mercy Wambui Ndungu »

Thank you for sharing your insightful review of "Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream through an Immigrant's Eyes" by Ali Master. Your detailed summary provides a comprehensive view of the book, and it's clear that you appreciate the author's unique perspective and storytelling style.

It's heartening to see how Master navigates through various themes such as love, family, faith, failure, and redemption, allowing readers to connect with his personal journey as a Pakistani Muslim in the United States. The book's division into four parts, each focusing on different aspects of his life, adds depth to the narrative.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”