Official Review: Beyond the Golden Door by Ali Master

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 69%

Re: Official Review: Beyond the Golden Door by Ali Master

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @ Amy_Jackson, there should be many stories about this migration of Pakistanis to other countries due to the difficult escape to an more understanding country like the UK and America. This is an excellent book that I look forward to reading the entire book.
Hussaini Shuaibu
Currently Reading: A Compromising Position
Bookshelf Size: 7
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 2%

Post by Hussaini Shuaibu »

I loved the description of what it means to be an American. It often happens that people who have experienced other cultures recognize America's unique culture. Television and movies have definitely influenced the concepts other cultures look so understandable.
Thrinadh sai Ch
Currently Reading: Beyond the Golden Door
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Thrinadh sai Ch »

Heartwarming, heartbreaking, eye opening and inspiring. Ali Master writes with transparent honesty taking the reader on a journey that will build a thankful and grateful heart for the treasures of American freedom. Turning from his Muslim faith, discovering God's love, redeeming grace and the ultimate freedom in Christ further enhance this beautiful, life-altering story. Come and see...
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 69%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @ Thrinadh sai Ch, I was convinced I wanted to read "Beyond the Golden Door" by Ali Master after I read the sample and official review. This book is a masterpiece that all members should read. I ordered a paperback copy since I know it is a keeper and my wife will want to read it to. Ali should be commended and I believe this book should be considered for the Online Book Club Book of the Year. @Mrlefty0706
Sapna Mallah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Sapna Mallah »

A beautiful book that drew me in with Master's reflection on growing up in Pakistan, and experiencing the many daunting challenges he faced. These challenges were capable of destroying any human spirit, however, Master depicts great mental strength and resolves in character, and he pushes forward into his hope of Liberation in America. He learns that America is indeed a country like no other, a land providing great opportunity and liberty, however, he finds himself crashing at an exhilarating rate. His resilient character strong mindset and newfound religious faith create an unshakable foundation in a journey that has to be explored page by page by the reader, to grasp the beauty and value of his ultimate experience of gratitude and perseverance. :doh: :techie-reference:
Sapna Mallah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Sapna Mallah »

About/My Story
It’s great to meet you. I’m Ali Master, a proud American immigrant, entrepreneur, redeemed-by-Christ Muslim, husband, father, and church leader. I’m here to provide inspiration and fuel so you can advance your own hopes and dreams. I’m mechanically challenged. I love to multitask. Nothing’s too spicy for me. I have a wicked ping-pong serve, and I dream about someday consistently breaking ninety.

My Journey
I’ve lived in our great nation for the past 33 years. Adopted and raised by two loving (albeit naïve to the ways of this world) Shia Muslim Pakistani parents, sexually abused, and spoiled rotten as the only child, my past is checkered with challenges. I landed in Texas back in 1986 where I completed my college education. My first job was at a McDonald’s, but having no life-skills to speak of, I quickly succumbed to a decadent college life-style, which eventually sent me to the hospital with a slashed wrist.

Thankfully, my Creator had plans beyond my pain, which came in the form of a girl (I know—a predictable plot, right?). Through her, I discovered Christ. It was as though He put me in a headlock of love and grace until my life was utterly transformed. There was just this one problem . . . I was born into a Muslim community that I loved! Going back home to share my discoveries about a relationship with Christ was the singularly hardest experience of my life. Upon my return, I experienced economically what I had already experienced spiritually—undeserved redemption. I underwent an improbable rise from working at McDonald’s to starting my own business, to joining the global firm of Ernst & Young (EY) and
Boubker masrar
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Boubker masrar »

In “Beyond the Golden Door,” Ali Master provides a poignant and insightful perspective on the American Dream through the lens of an immigrant. The book delves into the challenges, aspirations, and triumphs faced by those who seek a better life in the United States.
Master’s writing is both heartfelt and thought-provoking. He weaves personal anecdotes with historical context, shedding light on the immigrant experience—the sacrifices made, the resilience shown, and the pursuit of opportunity. The narrative invites readers to consider the complexities of identity, belonging, and the pursuit of happiness.
The title itself—symbolizing the threshold of opportunity—captures the essence of the immigrant journey. As readers turn the pages, they encounter stories of hope, struggle, and the pursuit of a brighter future. Master’s prose resonates with authenticity, making this book a compelling read for anyone interested in understanding the immigrant narrative.
While the average rating reflects positive reception, it’s essential to recognize that individual opinions may vary. Some readers may connect deeply with the book’s themes, while others might seek a different perspective. Regardless, “Beyond the Golden Door” serves as a valuable addition to the literature exploring the American Dream.
In summary, Ali Master’s “Beyond the Golden Door” offers a heartfelt exploration of immigration, identity, and the pursuit of dreams. It invites readers to step beyond stereotypes and engage with the human stories that shape our nation.
Ridian Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Ridian Smith »

For sure this sounds like a fascinating book. Though I've read many books about muslims, I've never come across a book like this where the muslim immigrant embraces the freedom of american life.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”