Official Review: Winning the War on Cancer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
S Xolani
Currently Reading: The Exfiltrator
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-s-xolani.html
Latest Review: The Drug-Free Sleep Solution: The Four-Week Program for Overcoming Insomnia Using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy by David Durocher

Re: Official Review: Winning the War on Cancer

Post by S Xolani »

I find Winning the war on cancer a very interesting book According to this review, nothing motivates me more than seeing or reading about someone who doesn't give up even thou the odds are against them. I hope this book will motivate anyone who is in a similar situation as Sylivie Beljenski was, I for one would like to read this book so i can learn more about this disease.
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this is an interesting book about the science behind curing cancer. While science is not my forte, this book is well written and engaging for those who are laypeople. Well Done.
Reva Parker
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 495
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reva-parker.html
Latest Review: Dear Abigail by Richard Rees

Post by Reva Parker »

This sounds like a very useful book. It's a shame that our health has to come down to money for others. I think we should be allowed to have all of the information and then make a choice on what we want to try. Your review was very informative and detailed. Thank you so much for such a great review.
Taiwo_Olawoye
Currently Reading: OldEarth Aram Encounter
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1femi1.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Taiwo_Olawoye »

An all inclusive approach to the cure of cancer will be highly beneficial. I'll be reading this book to see the various alternatives to an holistic cure for this deadly malady. Thanks for the review.
Shimadal Bayani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Shimadal Bayani »

A very motivational books that anyone can get inspired by this
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Severed Roots
Bookshelf Size: 1026
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I am not particularly interested in non-fiction books. I prefer to be entertained. This book, however, seems to be filled with research that will help some. Thanks for the review!
Shimadal Bayani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Shimadal Bayani »

A very admirable, fighting for cancer ilness. How ever people nowadays are very brave facing this. I salute all cancer survivor. Godbless
Amynzube
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Amynzube »

I also believe in the healing power of nature. Cancer is deadly. Thanks for the review
Liza Lily Molato
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Liza Lily Molato »

When I read the review talk about holistic approach in medicine it make me think what is a holistic approach? So it make me read more to understand what it meant. With this review it open my eyes to also a new concept in treating not only cancer but other sickness as well. This review also discuss the struggle and determination of the author to find cancer cure for the betterment of mankind.
winecellarlibrary
Favorite Author: Juliet Marillier
Currently Reading: Yesterday
Bookshelf Size: 462
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-winecellarlibrary.html
Latest Review: The Lines Between Us by Rebecca D'Harlingue
Reading Device: B07VMB5L3C
fav_author_id: 17456

Post by winecellarlibrary »

I appreciate that the author and her father are looking for natural remedies to be used in conjunction with traditional therapies rather than to replace them.
There is no frigate like a book
To take us lands away,
Nor any coursers like a page
Of prancing poetry.
This traverse may the poorest take
Without oppress of toll;
How frugal is the chariot
That bears a human soul!
-Emily Dickinson
Empress Danka S
Favorite Book: Marcus Garvey and the Vision of Africa
Currently Reading: Message to the People
Bookshelf Size: 67

Post by Empress Danka S »

It is quite an impressive review. Not only did the author do her research..she represented with no hesitation in a time when needed. This book shows an intense situation, and how many individuals can come together to help overcome one of the worlds' most dangerous disease.
Thanks for recomending 'Winning The War On Cancer'
Hands up :techie-reference:
MysticSpade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mysticspade.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by MysticSpade »

You had me at "both traditional and alternative". The health industry needs to be about healing people, not making money. I can't wait to read this one for myself.
Bright550
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Bright550 »

Beljanski took up the challenge of presenting her brilliant father's research and ideas .As an Advocate for people with cancer, and a survivor who chose other paths than conventional, I appreciate the effort it took to bring ideas forward that are resented and repressed. This knowledge is critical to our ability to make informed treatment decisions."
Nevertheless it really helpful. Great review
Storm_Jase
Currently Reading: Rise of the Savior
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Storm_Jase »

After reading the review, this book feels like it's more like a biography than a scientific non-fiction. Also I have to tell, as a person who uses traditional medicines very much, sometimes nature is the best way of healing a disease. Thank you for the amazing review!. This really made me interested in reading this book!
JodieLKM
Favorite Book: The Biblical Clock
Currently Reading: Solaris seethes
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jodielkm.html
Latest Review: Mirrored Worlds by Tayma Tameem
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by JodieLKM »

Many of the natural fauna and flora that we encounter has some medicinal value. Combining the two, science and nature, there may be an answer to the horrible disease called cancer. I have been touched by this disease through family members. Thank you for doing the review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”