Official Review: From Fear to Faith in 30 Days

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Official Review: From Fear to Faith in 30 Days

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "From Fear to Faith in 30 Days" by Charmaine E. Betty-Singleton.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

From Fear to Faith in 30 Days by Charmaine E. Betty-Singleton is a non-fiction book that guides the reader on how to be delivered from fear, in order to build his/her faith in God. The themes addressed in this book include faith, fear, sickness, death, and poverty. This book can be read as a devotional, as for 30 days, it provides encouraging advice from the Bible that can build up the reader’s faith. The tone in the book is simple and informal, thereby creating a personal atmosphere.

The author begins by defining fear and faith, explaining that they are opposite forces. She then begins explaining that we must only fear God, as he alone is almighty and omniscient. She explores the meaning of fearing God, indicating that fearing God means respecting God. The author argues that once a person begins fearing God, he/she receives the infinite love of God. The writer encourages the reader by explaining that in every difficult situation, God is with us when we believe in Him, as He promised to never leave us. It is also important to hear God’s word, as faith comes from hearing of the word of Christ.

There are numerous things I enjoyed in this devotional. Firstly, the author used simple language to convey her points, helping the reader understand her advice. Additionally, I liked the fact that the book was a devotional, as this allows readers to receive daily encouragement for 30 days. Furthermore, the writer added some personal stories in her book, which creates a personal mood in the text, thereby engaging the reader. What I liked most in the text was that the author added verses from the Bible throughout the book, which was encouraging and motivating.

What I disliked most about the devotional was that it included several errors, which undermined the author’s professionalism. The book should go through more professional editing in the future.

This book is best suited for Christian readers interested in building up their faith. Women may slightly prefer reading this book, as the author includes some stories of other women who overcame their trials by faith. The devotional will be enjoyed most by Christian readers, since the author writes from a Christian perspective, using verses from the Bible throughout the text.

In conclusion, I rate this book with 3 out of 4 stars. I did not rate it higher, as it contained numerous errors. A lower score would have been unfair, as the devotional was encouraging, motivating, and engaging.

From Fear to Faith in 30 Days
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
JKO
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jko.html
Latest Review: 7 Ways To Manage Pain With CBD by David Anthony Schroeder

Post by JKO »

A book that guides the reader on how to be delivered from fear, in order to build his/her faith in God. I can't wait to read this one. Great review.
Kachi_Ejiogu+_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kachi-ejiogu.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Kachi_Ejiogu+_ »

Wow!. Great book this is. A book that elucidates faith and fear. Helping us to understand the disparity between the two. I applaud how the writer was able to reassure the reader of Gods presence even in the midst of trials. Thank you for this review.
See_B00kReaDs
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-see-b00kreads.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by See_B00kReaDs »

Thank you for the review. Hopefully, I can read this book too. I think this is a must read book not only for Christians, but for those who wished to conquer their fear, and we can only do so by increasing our faith in God and having a personal relationship with Him.
“Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.”
– Francis Chan

God bless you! :D
Splendour0606
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-splendour0606.html
Latest Review: The Spirituality Puzzle by James Rondinone and Renee Rondinone

Post by Splendour0606 »

Wow! I am already captivated by your review. This is a sure read for me. Fear is a torment and it is actually the opposite of faith, Gods word gives comfort and peace to the soul.
Ediomis_Enwongo01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ediomis-enwongo01.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Ediomis_Enwongo01 »

I'll fix to read this book in a 30-days month so as to break it down into thirty digestible pieces. I hope it will definitely enhance my faith. This was a good review.
Adanna Inya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adanna-inya.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe v morrow

Post by Adanna Inya »

This is a good book I believe. Being that it will help people transit from fear to faith. But in 30 days? How possible? Hallelujah!
Sunday diamond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-diamond.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sunday diamond »

I need this book really; I want to build up my faith in God. Welldone for your educative nd informative review.
Edwin Amah
Currently Reading: Mug the Wumph the Dancing Wizard
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edwin-amah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by Edwin Amah »

I love how the writer made the book seem more like a devotional on how fear can affect us and stating that faith in God conquers all fear. The presence of God makes us stronger. Great book for those suffering from trials.
Nedbrian
Currently Reading: Into the Hand of a Woman
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedbrian.html
Latest Review: Different Family Structures by Mildred Stallworth

Post by Nedbrian »

Your review was very thorough frankly. I loved that you pointed out how this book is a motivational devotional containing bible verses with in depth explanations of fear and faith. Another salient point is the fact it is inclined towards women than men as a 30 day guide to build respect for God rather than dwell in fear of the unknown.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”